Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone seems to be very happy with the cracked tusk, only gripe is the netting size is wrong. But I haven't seen any complaints about the paint app.

Cracked tusk looked pretty good to me (Other than the netting as mentioned which is way too thick) I'm actually tempted to grab one. What is it that you didn't like about it?

I'm really digging this big chap the more I see. The head, each time I see it, wow! Incredible palette. I usually prefer a simple base as to not distract the centrepiece but this wall stand really accentuates the aliens presence imo. They got it right for the dog alien, just do the same and P1 easily has the best alien statues. I hope Coolprops can also deliver, going to keep a close eye on that one too.

Since you mentioned CoolProps, I figure you would like to see their quality check process...

Looks quite thorough. Only if all statues can go through this vigorous process. Makes me think even P1 sometimes can skip steps in the QA process as their endoskeleton one had a red arrow sticker stuck on the torso (which turned out to be defective with a chipped part in the lower area) and some other have not been put together before shipping as some have reported parts not fitting in. Seems like certain statues get pulled through the rigger with QA and others not even observed, packaged and shipped out.

CP at least aren't spamming release after release so may have more resources and time to check during QA. The way this predator was packed I would be terrified if it had to be opened by customs...can't imagine them knowing how to put it back in correctly!

Prototype:

80408b19651dadbd65fa74df2ba602da.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_39.jpg

Looks like the only losses were:
- a bit of shading along the wrinkles
- the healed pink scar tissue is slightly softer
- forehead dots are now sharper

Nothing terrible. Looks like your usual downgrade from proto to production, but the bar didn't start off super high.

I'm much more curious to see their production Scar and Wolf. Also did anyone order the Fugitive bust? It should've come out months ago and the prototype looked fantastic, better than Prime 1's in terms of paint.

Last edited:
CP also just made an announcement about improvements to their production side of things. Who knows what improvements might actually come from it, but it's a welcome statement....

Do you think this figure will be delayed as well? According to my local seller, It is supposed to arrive in summer 2021 but who knows...

I have just received the answer from prime 1 and they have confirmed once again the drool on the DX and also the arrival date: Mar. 2021- Jun. 2021.
I asked for WIP photos at least because with the actual situation we only have seen the figure trough official photos at their site and we have also one or two short videos at youtube only. They answer very fast and I trust the company..it’s just I want to see more about this figure.

So, they confirmed the FB announcement that the droll is removed from the DX version or they confirmed that the droll is there like in the proto pix?

Sorry, getting confused here.

So, they confirmed the FB announcement that the droll is removed from the DX version or they confirmed that the droll is there like in the proto pix?

Sorry, getting confused here.

The drool was said to be canceled before the pre order came out. They then decided to keep it and then it was announced for pre order with it. So it's on the statue.

Correct. Also I asked for WIP pics and Prime 1 told me that they eill pass my request to the team in charge. Let’s see...fingers crossed!lol

Do you think this figure will be delayed as well? According to my local seller, It is supposed to arrive in summer 2021 but who knows...

I got good vibes this one will be released definitely in 2021 along with most of the other alien statues. In fact I think 2021 will be a huge year for statue releases as companies (those who have survived) will be back full force. There will be a lot of money going around, as people have been saving into overdrive, companies would want to take advantage of the market share. It's going to be ripe with competition.

I really hope so:) and also that they will deliver the best big chap figure ever been made.

The only thing I would like to point is that companies are doing plenty of awesome figures and collectors, most of us, we din’t have enough money/place for all of them...

I am a collector of Alien and Jurassic Park stuff and I remind when I saw the first batch of big chaps saying for my self: “nice, like this I can choose the best figure!”... But then I saw the Dog, the warrior...(coolprops,prime1,Mamegyorai...), ALL of jurassic park figures (chronicles/prime1,Ironstudios)...Impossible to save enough money, not enough space in my house...I simply can’t follow this rythm...

I am collecting alien figures since 2014 and in the last 2 years we had the best figures ever at very big scales and very expensives as well...and glad to have all this quality figures but I would prefer companies to slow down a little in order to continue with mi hobby a few more years...I feel that in 2 years my collection is complet and is sad because I really like when I unbox a figure at home or when I display it in my vitrine but also I like comming here to discuss about new figures to see more photos...

sorry for this off topic but I woke up today a litle bit reflexive..haha

There is an ever growing abundance of figures and statues, generally they should improve overtime as better methods of production take place but this is sometimes countered with using more cheap products for profits. Despite this hobby now costing a fortune, I think collectors can still take advantage of this by being very picky and sticking to their favorites. It comes down to buying the ones you love and that will probably mean not buying as often but when you do so, the experience and joy will be great as each purchase will be all the more special :)

I know you are right Dundee:) but it is hard to imagin better figures in the future because of the level of perfection I’m seeing nowadays (it’s hard to improve:))... dog alien is even better than the alien we have seen on the movie...lol. Hope it will be the same with this bigchap!

In my list I think there is only one thing missing:a good ripley’s representation and in a good scale...I have the one from hot toys that I really like but I would like a 1:1 bust from queen studios. I think it won’t be never happen but who knows..:)

I got the CP like museum pose on order but now thinking if I can afford it! haha
At my UK supplier they sold out of the DX and Museum pose but the action pose is still for pre order.
I love the Sano but missed out.

Are most people going for action pose/DX over the CP pose?

I wanted the regular action pose but it was the first sold out in my local seller so I went for the deluxe that is already sold out too. There is availability fot the museum pose

I pre ordered the standard action pose direct from Prime 1 as i could not find a reseller here in Australia.
It took me a while to decide which pose to go for but since i will most likely display with the Alien 3 statue, which has such a dynamic pose, i thought the action pose was the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back