Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made an updated height comparison chart now that we know dimensions for the CoolProps Warrior. The gray rectangle is ground level and I tried to align it to the middle of each statue's underside as best I could, but due to different lenses and less-than-optimal angles, there will be some discrepancies.

alien-pred-statue-Comp.jpg

No matter which photo I use, the Big Chap is monstrous in size. Guess the higher price tag makes sense.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get the big chap. I feel like it's been announced for like 3 years already. And it will probably only come out this time next year.

If the wall is removable and doesn't leave any unsightly holes where those cables plug in, I'd be tempted.

Looking back to the conversation people were having over the summer about Prime 1 testing materials for the wall, it seems they've dug themselves into a bit of a rut with this "wall art" loophole. On one hand, you'd need a truly heavy slab for wall mounting. On the other hand, the piece is so enormous that only a fraction of buyers will do that - and most people going for a tabletop display would probably prefer a lighter wall if they attach it at all.

Last edited:
I don’t like that wall at all. If I were to get it...the wall would stay in the box. But what a waste.

Wished P1 offered a version without that wall...it would be cheaper too.

They could include an alternate wall that's shorter. That would take care of the gap in the back of the base and give the cables somewhere to go.

p1-big-Chap-smallwall.jpg

Yes!!!! ^^^^^^^ That is waaaaaay better!!!! Big Chap is showcased as he should be. The tall wall distracts and takes away a lot of the focus.

Man, you should have been the one making this thing.

I like that idea. But I'm not sure why everyone is upset about the gate. It is literally out of the film. It is almost perfect replica of the gate Brett walks though. It would be nice to have a switch out, but we don't know what it will officially look like in hand. So we will have to wait.

Come to think of it, that would be the most secure way to build it for a wall mount. Shame we'd lose out on the creature's silhouette though.

Then it just made my decision to pass on the P1 Big Chap that much easier. I have zero wall space anyway.

I am completely happy with my CoolProps Giger maquette as being my 1/3 Big Chap representative. It might not be the film version, but close enough.

I would never display a statue on the wall. I think it was prime1s way of getting around some kind of license issue. But I'll just put it on a table. Not that big of a deal. I'm happy with how it looks as is, I'd take a film accurate backdrop and fantastic paint apps over some of these statues that don't even have paint apps for the same cost.

This thing is freakin huge, can pass for standard half scale statues if it weren't for the alien being 7-8 foot tall. You'd have to look up if displayed on a wall which would be a pity as it would be hard to view the entire piece, esp the detailed head sculpt. If I were to get this I think placing it on a nice table mount of no more than 70cm would still be easy for viewing and also give it sufficient height presence.

This thing is freakin huge, can pass for standard half scale statues if it weren't for the alien being 7-8 foot tall. You'd have to look up if displayed on a wall which would be a pity as it would be hard to view the entire piece, esp the detailed head sculpt. If I were to get this I think placing it on a nice table mount of no more than 70cm would still be easy for viewing and also give it sufficient height presence.

I'd be surprised if anyone actually puts it on a wall. I wouldn't mind seeing it though.
The alien itself is tall but even the artist who designed this and the warrior alien said they are both the same height if the warrior was in the same pose. I found that interesting.
This big chap has by far the best and most accurate paint apps I've seen on a big chap to date, most of the time they are either underworked where there really isn't any paint app, or it is over worked and looks like fake marble with over use of a mottled airbrush technique. Either way I'm so excited to get it.

I think on 100cm table this beast will look just right. I like them to be a tad higher than my eye level. Especially monsters like this, gives illusion its towering and menacing hahaha.

Btw, is the drool staying?

Back