Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prime confirmed these edition sizes are correct. Big drop from the 750 dx and 500 Museum they listed before....
I'm tempted to get the museum as well as the dx I have ordered... but I can get the coolprops cheaper. Decisions....

Get the P1 action pose and get the cheaper CoolProps museum, that way you get the movie BC and the Giger Museum BC suit, best of both worlds.

I really love my CoolProps, it displays really nicely with that cabinet, a little part of the Giger Museum at home.

I?m going to preorder the Pi action pose myself as well, regular edition, I don?t need the drooling head.

Get the P1 action pose and get the cheaper CoolProps museum, that way you get the movie BC and the Giger Museum BC suit, best of both worlds.

I really love my CoolProps, it displays really nicely with that cabinet, a little part of the Giger Museum at home.

I?m going to preorder the Pi action pose myself as well, regular edition, I don?t need the drooling head.

That’s exactely my idea;) I love my CP version but the P1s action pose is to good to pass...I agree with you about the regular or the deluxe...I bought the dx obe but because the regular one was sold out...now I will have an extra mini bust to display but at least I will have the action pose! Now all the options at my local seller are sold out. Very happy to take my decission 2 months ago...

Just one question about scale...I have seen so many times that this is big enough to be more 1:2 scale than 1:3...why? I think that cp one is pretty much the same size right?thanks

Just one question about scale...I have seen so many times that this is big enough to be more 1:2 scale than 1:3...why? I think that cp one is pretty much the same size right?thanks

The Alien creature is about 8 foot tall or approximately 240cm so 1/3 scale would be around 80cm in height, add the base it reaches almost 90cm. Most 1/2 scale statues are around 95-100cm so that is why this statue, if we were to apply human scale, would be closer to 1/2 than 1/3. It's a big chap alright ;-)

Thanls dundee:) but comparing with the CP statue, do you think there will be a big difference? They are more or less equal on high but coolprops one is inclouding the case....

Thanls dundee:) but comparing with the CP statue, do you think there will be a big difference? They are more or less equal on high but coolprops one is inclouding the case....

CP is listed around 73cm, I'm not sure if this includes the base, though going by scale, it would make sense for this figure to be the statue height alone. It is also in a more crouched/hunched pose than big chap, so if it were in a more upright pose, it could hit 78cm, which would be on par with big chap.

That's just my estimate based on the available info, I think it would be best to inquire with CP for more precise figures.

Well acording to sideshow, they listed the cp maquette in 86cm High. This includes the base. Prime 1 is about 89cm including the base as well (all versions). That’s why I dont understand why prime 1 don’t say that it is 1:3 scale as CP did and why somepeople says that prime 1s figure is pretty much 1:2 scale. May be I am mistaken.
Thanks again dundee!

P1 Big Chap is 87.9cm high from bottom of base to top of wall.

Also keep in mind the museum pose Big Chap stands taller as it is not bending like the film pose Big Chap version.

50833631351_4ed20241e2_c_d.jpg

50833717142_f1454f51ed_c_d.jpg

The CP statue itself is 73cm high. If you include the base/case, then it is 86cm high.

50833720992_e8951bd58c_c_d.jpg

50832898328_66270c7e14_c_d.jpg

I really love the P1 museum version a lot, but I already have the CP. So to vary my collection, I preordered the P1 Big Chap film pose.

Thanks galactusz! That’s what dundee said and what I supposed too.

It is clearly bigger than the coolprops version but no as bigger to be considered 1/2. It should be aprox 130cm with base (40cm more than now:)).

Anyway, it will looks awesome!! Can’t wait to display it at home:)

I don’t care about waiting a few months but i need more pictures/videos something!lol

I do the same thing. No space, but wanted the Big Chap so bad, lol.

I’ll get rid of my doggie beds and place it there....ha, ha, ha...

Back