Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought they said on social media it would be removed. But then back peddled and said it was staying?

Oh, weird. I haven't heard any updates after the initial removal rumor. Then again, my source for that was one of the mods from the Facebook group so maybe even that wasn't concrete to begin with..

Do we have more pictures or videos about this piece? And about the slime the conclusion is that may be yes may be not? Thanks!

I'd be surprised if anyone actually puts it on a wall. I wouldn't mind seeing it though.
The alien itself is tall but even the artist who designed this and the warrior alien said they are both the same height if the warrior was in the same pose. I found that interesting.
This big chap has by far the best and most accurate paint apps I've seen on a big chap to date, most of the time they are either underworked where there really isn't any paint app, or it is over worked and looks like fake marble with over use of a mottled airbrush technique. Either way I'm so excited to get it.

Fingers crossed the final piece is as good as the one shown. This almost looks like a picture perfect replica of the Alien in the movie. Almost like owning a piece of real estate from the movie, has huge potential to be one of the best alien statues to be made. I don't mind the wall art (I actually prefer it) yes it's huge, but I think it integrates well with the alien piece. It's detailed, very realistic looking and makes for a good backdrop, like cut right out from the movie and planted down to real life. Definitely gives the alien context that it is well within the boundaries of the ship and has arrived, with nothing being able to escape the perfect organism.

Fingers crossed the final piece is as good as the one shown. This almost looks like a picture perfect replica of the Alien in the movie. Almost like owning a piece of real estate from the movie, has huge potential to be one of the best alien statues to be made. I don't mind the wall art (I actually prefer it) yes it's huge, but I think it integrates well with the alien piece. It's detailed, very realistic looking and makes for a good backdrop, like cut right out from the movie and planted down to real life. Definitely gives the alien context that it is well within the boundaries of the ship and has arrived, with nothing being able to escape the perfect organism.
I think it will be about as good as the translation of the dog prototype to finished piece. It will have minor tiny details slightly changed, but this will only improve the figure. Like the lips on the dog.
Also I found out that prime1 has it's own paint departments for the predator and alien statues. So the same one that painted the dog will be doing the Alien and predator line. And the prototypes were painted in house by them.
I think this is why I'm not even worried about how it will translate to in hand pictures

I think it will be about as good as the translation of the dog prototype to finished piece. It will have minor tiny details slightly changed, but this will only improve the figure. Like the lips on the dog.
Also I found out that prime1 has it's own paint departments for the predator and alien statues. So the same one that painted the dog will be doing the Alien and predator line. And the prototypes were painted in house by them.
I think this is why I'm not even worried about how it will translate to in hand pictures

This is how it should be done, no corners cut. The final product equally as good if not better than the prototype. Should be an in house team for all statues but I guess that's just being idealistic, though I am glad there's one for the alien and predator. Even more tempted to grab the jungle hunter now

This is how it should be done, no corners cut. The final product equally as good if not better than the prototype. Should be an in house team for all statues but I guess that's just being idealistic, though I am glad there's one for the alien and predator. Even more tempted to grab the jungle hunter now

Supposedly that is why there was a "separation" between cp and p1. P1 wanted to keep it in house and more expensive to produce and cp wanted to outsource the 3d printing and paint applications. Cp already came out and announced a separate company is painting their pieces. It's cutting corners like that, that leads to a cheaper in hand product. Prime1 doesn't seem to cut corners at all.
They are still trying to find their way with some statues. But there is no doubt, if the rest of their Alien pieces have that dog paint app quality. Then we are all going to be spoilt.

Look man! I only need to know one thing – where they are? Lol
Any convention or something where we could see these figures?

Supposedly that is why there was a "separation" between cp and p1. P1 wanted to keep it in house and more expensive to produce and cp wanted to outsource the 3d printing and paint applications. Cp already came out and announced a separate company is painting their pieces. It's cutting corners like that, that leads to a cheaper in hand product. Prime1 doesn't seem to cut corners at all.
They are still trying to find their way with some statues. But there is no doubt, if the rest of their Alien pieces have that dog paint app quality. Then we are all going to be spoilt.

When you say in house is that the production factories located in Japan? Or in China?

When you say in house is that the production factories located in Japan? Or in China?

The facility in China. But it is all done there when it comes to the statue. It is all done in the same facility, they aren't printing the statue at one location and the paint at another. It's all done together.

Ok makes sense, good on for P1 doing this and hopefully this stays as it is. I think separating the process, whilst saves some $ for statue companies, is a disaster waiting to happen as it would be difficult to really focus on creating quality replicas, a third party may not have the same vision or perspective or expectations as the statue creators and sculptures themselves. Queen Studios probably has similar processes which explains why their replicas are consistently high in quality.

Ok makes sense, good on for P1 doing this and hopefully this stays as it is. I think separating the process, whilst saves some $ for statue companies, is a disaster waiting to happen as it would be difficult to really focus on creating quality replicas, a third party may not have the same vision or perspective or expectations as the statue creators and sculptures themselves. Queen Studios probably has similar processes which explains why their replicas are consistently high in quality.

If prime1 gets their paint like these Alien prototypes I'll be very excited. The dog had this level of paint app. So I'm hoping they nail these two. Screenshot_20201128-081236_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20201128-081510_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20201122-081649_YouTube.jpg

I’m sure it will Jaklyn;) Prime 1 usually does...look at jurassic park pieces or the “it” statue/bust...just I would like to know what will happens about the drool. Another video without camera distorsion will be nice as well (at least we have one video (thank you!) but i would like to see another one like when the dog alien has been shown...tons of pictures/videos...we need more from the big chap too!lol
About size, when it sais 53 cm wide, that means front view right? I mean, it’s bigger in size if you see in frontal view, isn’t it?

Thanks

I’m sure it will Jaklyn;) Prime 1 usually does...look at jurassic park pieces or the “it” statue/bust...just I would like to know what will happens about the drool. Another video without camera distorsion will be nice as well (at least we have one video (thank you!) but i would like to see another one like when the dog alien has been shown...tons of pictures/videos...we need more from the big chap too!lol
About size, when it sais 53 cm wide, that means front view right? I mean, it’s bigger in size if you see in frontal view, isn’t it?

Thanks

I think width is just from the widest point to the widest point. I do think the action pose is a bit shorter due to the lean. The standing upright is taller than the door.
If covid didn't do what it did we would definitely have more images and footage. I do think the drool is included. They said it wouldn't before the official pre order. And then it was added so I'm sure it will be there. I personally really don't like the drool. So I won't get the DX.

Thanks jaklyn!I’m sorry but I still don’t understand how they mesure de width...from the wall to the front or from one side to the other side? I think it should be from one side to the other side because from the wall to the front should be depth but as I have exactely 47cm depth in my place, Im just wondering how it will looks:)
About the drool, I would prefer also without but if it finally is, I’m sure it will look better in person...I only had the chance of buying the deluxe one so, anyway..:)
Agree with the covid thing...can’t wait to defeat this crap virus...

If prime1 gets their paint like these Alien prototypes I'll be very excited. The dog had this level of paint app. So I'm hoping they nail these two. View attachment 500264View attachment 500265View attachment 500266

I'm really digging this big chap the more I see. The head, each time I see it, wow! Incredible palette. I usually prefer a simple base as to not distract the centrepiece but this wall stand really accentuates the aliens presence imo. They got it right for the dog alien, just do the same and P1 easily has the best alien statues. I hope Coolprops can also deliver, going to keep a close eye on that one too.

let's hope we will get chromed teeth and not the poor silver paint of their half head bust...it's really a shame

let's hope we will get chromed teeth and not the poor silver paint of their half head bust...it's really a shame

Chrome teeth is on another level, I'm not sure if they would consider this, but anything is possible! Silver paint if done well and on smaller surfaces (like the teeth), can still pull off a sharp, decent finish imo.

Thanks
I agree P1 usually nails it.. But that Tusked Predator paint apps.. Yikes!

I agree P1 usually nails it.. But that Tusked Predator paint apps.. Yikes!

There's a problem with its paint? I thought the netting was lousy, but everything else looked good. The cleanness of the spotting bodes well for the Jungle Hunter.

Back