Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of like the museum pose. But I think both are good options. Probably wouldn't go for the DX in this case however, especially if they have indeed left the drool on it. All of that said, I haven't actually ordered one, the cost is just too high after shipping, vat and import duty etc for these. If I did cave and order, I'd probably have a hard time choosing which one of the poses to go for.

I love the drool head, the museum pose its better for 1/4 scale i think. the pose is to boring

al1-alien-big-chap-waal-05dx.html

I also like the drool. Adds a bit of splash to the expression

The edition sizes on these seem to have changed.
DX 250
Standard 100
Museum 100

I've asked them to confirm. Very low numbers if correct!

The edition sizes on these seem to have changed.
DX 250
Standard 100
Museum 100

I've asked them to confirm. Very low numbers if correct!

Prime 1 do sometimes reduce ES numbers. This statue is incredibly expensive, doubly so when you take import duty and the current rip off shipping prices into account. I'm surprised they didn't list it on Sideshow to try and secure a few more orders before cutting the ES number however. 100 each for the two regular versions is certainly very low! That museum version will be incredibly rare once sold out given that there's only 100 of those compared to 350 of the other one in total.... I'm tempted to bite the bullet!

EDIT: $450 shipping... No.

Yes, very very low edition size ... with those numbers I am sure they will take special care with each statue. Hope we get them soon, can't wait to display this on my vitrine!

Yes, very very low edition size ... with those numbers I am sure they will take special care with each statue. Hope we get them soon, can't wait to display this on my vitrine!

Sadly it doesn't work like that from past experience.

I think the ES seems about right i.e it may eventually sell out, compared to others in this price range that go up to 1000 or even 1500 (combined ex and standard).

Personally I think statues of this price range (1.5k to 2.5k) should never have an ES of more than 500 (max 750) as I rarely recall statues in this price range ever hitting the 1000 sales mark. Prime 1 are just greedy as many of their expensive statues have ridiculously high ES numbers that it's bit of a joke to call their statues 'limited edition'.

I used to think a high ES is because it makes the price more affordable but how wrong I was to assume this, it is simply untrue and wishful thinking, when most of the time they only end up selling around 400-500 anyway. At least they seem to have gotten this one correct with the ES numbers. But most other times they get too greedy and simply ramp a huge ES number and it backfires. What's annoying is their recent products, there's no ES info at all until months or even a 1-2 years after the statue is released for pre order e.g the t-800 Arnie terminator, still no info on ES. Not a comfortable feeling when other companies have no fear and provide their ES and the figure is concrete rather than going back and forth changing it all the time to suit their needs. It just seems over time, prime 1 gets less transparent with customers and that doesn't vibe well with me.

Prime 1 do sometimes reduce ES numbers. This statue is incredibly expensive, doubly so when you take import duty and the current rip off shipping prices into account. I'm surprised they didn't list it on Sideshow to try and secure a few more orders before cutting the ES number however. 100 each for the two regular versions is certainly very low! That museum version will be incredibly rare once sold out given that there's only 100 of those compared to 350 of the other one in total.... I'm tempted to bite the bullet!

EDIT: $450 shipping... No.

Someone was quoted around $550 for prime 1/3 aquaman and decided to cancel their order. Some of these shipping prices are simply out of this world.

$450 is about right for the size and weight (this statue is closer to 1/2 scale than 1/3), probably even more expensive if shipped to Europe or Australia. Still ridiculously expensive and most certainly cripple the international market if shipping prices don't ease.

Someone was quoted around $550 for prime 1/3 aquaman and decided to cancel their order. Some of these shipping prices are simply out of this world.

$450 is about right for the size and weight (this statue is closer to 1/2 scale than 1/3), probably even more expensive if shipped to Europe or Australia. Still ridiculously expensive and most certainly cripple the international market if shipping prices don't ease.

I almost ordered the cracked tusk Predator last week. But even Sideshow wanted $500 shipping for it. I know it's going back a couple of years now, but I paid $44 to have the large 1/4 Predator 2 maquette shipped via them. How times change. It's ridiculous ATM however, I guess a world wide pandemic doesn't help.

I almost ordered the cracked tusk Predator last week. But even Sideshow wanted $500 shipping for it. I know it's going back a couple of years now, but I paid $44 to have the large 1/4 Predator 2 maquette shipped via them. How times change. It's ridiculous ATM however, I guess a world wide pandemic doesn't help.

That's a shame its so expensive, esp for 1/4 scale and a couple years is not even that long ago. There's definitely some level of price gouging at play.

Sadly it doesn't work like that from past experience.

May be not but I haven?t seen any quality issues in prime 1 statues. Quality issues as I have seen in other companies I mean..I trust on prime 1 and I hope they will deliver us the best big chap statue (as seen on the movie:)). A few months more and we will see.

An ES of 100 definitely adds urgency to this piece, but $1700 is just too much for a statue that isn't quite what I wish it were. The wall and base do nothing for me and there's no way I'm putting in the additional time, effort, and money to customize a solution for something this expensive.

I'm not even slightly worried about their Alien statues quality. The work they did on the Dog Alien is by far the best ever produced by a major company before. And it even rivals custom paint apps. Both the chap and Warrior will be out of control in hand.

The Big Chap looks great. Not impressed with the Warrior though, the CoolProps looks better.

This is the BC for me. Dont' take too much space width and depth. Pose is there, and I like the base too.

Prime confirmed these edition sizes are correct. Big drop from the 750 dx and 500 Museum they listed before....
I'm tempted to get the museum as well as the dx I have ordered... but I can get the coolprops cheaper. Decisions....

Back