Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

now prime 1 need to do G1 Megatron... G1 megs holding Bay Megs Head!

That could be the EX.. I'd pay 3G for it.

PRIME 1 ARE YOU LISTENING... FANS WOULD GO NUTS FOR THIS!

They should STOP with Scream and BEE and DO G1....

G1 and BAY side by side would be crazy.

Look at the disgust in G1 Megs eyes looking at Bay megs....

Full disclosure I bought Prime 1 Megs to compliment Optimus.... Megs run... I am sure is smaller and once peeps start getting their Optimus they will want to pair with Megs... I suggest you buy now... will sell out.

Honestly I can't see it. There's few instances of good statue's going below retail and if they do it's not enough to warrant holding off unless its for financial reasons obviously. Sure you might pick it up for $100 less but you're not going to get a great bargain IMO.

Even bad statue's that don't sell hardly change much in value. That's the thing with this hobby, you very rarely get a bargain unless you somehow manage to snag a used one from a local sellar and avoid all the shipping/tax charges.

These company's do their homework, if Prime 1 think they can shift 2000+ then they are probably right.

Yea, I'm sure SS does their homework too, yet they have tons of high priced statues stay in stock for years. This prime is defn overpriced, and the ES is huge. Simple economics is that as long as this piece is still readily available in stock, it will go for under retail. And yea, $100 isn't a bargain, which is why it would go for $200-300 under retail. Until they sell all 2000, those regulars will go under retail. I've been around long enough and it happens all the time cause I've been there to snatch up a lot of pieces in these circumstances.

Yea, I'm sure SS does their homework too, yet they have tons of high priced statues stay in stock for years. This prime is defn overpriced, and the ES is huge. Simple economics is that as long as this piece is still readily available in stock, it will go for under retail. And yea, $100 isn't a bargain, which is why it would go for $200-300 under retail. Until they sell all 2000, those regulars will go under retail. I've been around long enough and it happens all the time cause I've been there to snatch up a lot of pieces in these circumstances.

Not exactly I work on this industry even the ES 2000 it doesn't mean they will produce 2000 of it.
We don't know the exact numbers. Also how they can stock 2000 of this in Japan they need a huge warehouse
Will cost ton of money in Japan. Japan ground is gold.

now prime 1 need to do G1 Megatron... G1 megs holding Bay Megs Head!

That could be the EX.. I'd pay 3G for it.

PRIME 1 ARE YOU LISTENING... FANS WOULD GO NUTS FOR THIS!

They should STOP with Scream and BEE and DO G1....

G1 and BAY side by side would be crazy.

Look at the disgust in G1 Megs eyes looking at Bay megs....

Full disclosure I bought Prime 1 Megs to compliment Optimus.... Megs run... I am sure is smaller and once peeps start getting their Optimus they will want to pair with Megs... I suggest you buy now... will sell out.

Shhh!! Keep your voice down, bro!

Prime 1 Studios might hear you talking all that non-sense about "3G". :stick

Simply Toys Singapore charges $3499 us dollars plus ship for exclusive dam $1200 up from sideshow price and not even out yet this will be a grail the exclusive

That is not true. The currency is in SGD, and for overseas customers you get 7% GST off. So SGD3271 which converts to approx 2.6k USD (not incl shipping). Now, its only 300 USD more than Sideshow without shipping included.

Statue's in general are overpriced, in relative terms of quality, popularity and price this piece is nothing out of the norm. It's clearly better than any LSF that sell for not much lower. With the accessories and light up features it's fairly priced, again in relative terms.

I wouldn't say Ive been around a long time, but I've been around long enough to see people continually make the same mistakes in thinking that "this will be around forever". Then they end up picking one up for a few hundred over retail because there's none left and think they got a bargain. Sideshow remember are not getting the whole batch. The regular edition could well be in the hundreds also. Then your going to have to find one internationally - Too many risks for me. If it was a $400 Premium format then yeah I'd take the punt on getting it cheaper.

Regular editions traditional do stick around for a while but I'd hate to think of what the aftermarket price of one of these would be if they all sell out. People could demand $3000+ and get it easily.

you are right, I ordered from SImplytoys as well, though i got it at the early bird full payment price of 3,177 S$

Yeah it's pricey enough as it is, for the price of Optimus, I could get a BMW z3 here in the UK, or like a not too old 3 series.

z3sapphire%20010_3559.jpg

So no way would I go 3K, I could get 2 z3's for that:p

As for G1, I'd be curious to see what they could do, but there's still plenty of bayformers I'd like to see, like Dino was a cool design, pity he had so little airtime. Oh what about Ironhide or Jazz?

Dino-nestbase.PNG

s7-tf3_1080_mkv_snapshot_00_14_24_2011_09_30_01_40_29.png

dinohp.jpg

Gosh, with that kind of secondary prices, how would anyone think of a statue hobby .... a car hobby would be a chick magnet waiting to happen

Yeah it's pricey enough as it is, for the price of Optimus, I could get a BMW z3 here in the UK, or like a not too old 3 series.

z3sapphire%20010_3559.jpg

So no way would I go 3K, I could get 2 z3's for that:p

What is wrong with all of us? Picking statues over ladies :lol
You could get 2 z3 for 3K... BMW that cheap?

What is wrong with all of us? Picking statues over ladies :lol
You could get 2 z3 for 3K... BMW that cheap?
Cars are cheap in the UK (running costs are another matter though).

I mean you could get a used Mazda RX8 instead of Prime landed in the UK, actually you could probably get almost two:p

Mazda-RX8-380249.jpg

paying 3k for one of these already!? wow........F that, I'm a huge Pred fan and have never dropped that much on a scaled down piece. I hope BumbleBee is much cheaper than Prime.

Cars are cheap in the UK (running costs are another matter though).

I mean you could get a used Mazda RX8 instead of Prime landed in the UK, actually you could probably get almost two:p

Mazda-RX8-380249.jpg

Wow,, that is truly a deal. Btw, how much is running cost? I imagine it will be super high

Back