Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG...she looks hideous in the video and that music makes me want to cut my wrists. I am now thinking of cancelling my preorder. Seriously, WTF.

Considering that it looked nothing like Gadot before this new headsculpt, I'm not even sure why anyone would preorder in the first place. Unless of course, someone was okay with the bad/missing likeness.

This new sculpt looks like Gal she just looked really tired must be after she helped defeat Doomsday.

Considering that it looked nothing like Gadot before this new headsculpt, I'm not even sure why anyone would preorder in the first place. Unless of course, someone was okay with the bad/missing likeness.

If looking close to or exactly like the actor/actress was a prerequisite to preordering a piece, I believe that would mean most of the pieces put out the last few years by Sideshow would never be preordered.

At least the prototype headsculpt looked 'fresh' and 'alive'.

This headsculpt for Wonder Woman though maybe more 'accurate' doesn't give me the same feeling.

But it seems every company has issues sculpting female headsculpts. The best one that I've seen is the Gentle Giant Black Widow (maybe also I think a Sucker Punch statue as well).

I read a comment on one of the you tube videos that this new head sculpt is still not the final. No idea if there is any truth in that.

As I said in the other forum, I think the real Gal Gadot is far more beautiful than that portrait.
Agreed, looks more like Amy Winehouse.

Well Superman looks a ton better in person than it does in that video. So there may be hope that Wonder Woman is just photographing badly, hopefully it will look good in-hand.

While l accept that Superman looks better in hand than he does in that video, he still looks fine there, whereas WW doesn't. Thus, if it is bad photography u would think all of Primes peices would look like **** not just WW.

:exactly:

Reminds me of the people that preordered the Ledger PF and then complained about the likeness once they had it in hand. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Prime 1's facebook account made a statement that this was not the completed head, and the wig was not in the correct position.. the final will be shown at Wonder fest. It will not be ready to view at SDComicon. Hold tight and in a few weeks we will see what she looks like.

Prime 1's facebook account made a statement that this was not the completed head, and the wig was not in the correct position.. the final will be shown at Wonder fest. It will not be ready to view at SDComicon. Hold tight and in a few weeks we will see what she looks like.
Ok, well then. Let's see. Wknderfest is their last chance before I cancel.

If this isn't the final version I don't know why they would have even put that Thing out on display.

Yeah a bit weird especially since I think the statue seems to have progressively gotten worse every time they display it somewhere or you'd think they would make damn sure that the hair placement, lighting, etc. was absolutely perfect before showing it off. I even remember one showing where the sword was broken or she wasn't holding it or something.

And when is Wonderfest? I saw the July 30th date somewhere but googled it and only saw the date that passed in February 2017?

So i messaged Prime 1 on FB asking them to please work on her head sculpt i said it looks like she has been awake for a few nights and to make her smirk or smile and they replied "Please stay tune for Wonder Festival Summer 2017 July 30!". I take that as that head sculpt we have seen is not final.

Yeah a bit weird especially since I think the statue seems to have progressively gotten worse every time they display it somewhere or you'd think they would make damn sure that the hair placement, lighting, etc. was absolutely perfect before showing it off. I even remember one showing where the sword was broken or she wasn't holding it or something.

And when is Wonderfest? I saw the July 30th date somewhere but googled it and only saw the date that passed in February 2017?

There's a winter and summer Wonderfest, the latter being July 30th, as Shoo pointed out. She also doesn't look worse every showing (nothing could be worse than when they plopped the statue on the floor amidst the 75th WW anniversary display at last year's SDCC, if that's what you're referring to:rotfl
SDCC2016-DC-Wonder-Woman-036.jpg

Back