Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep when you add hair it is literally like a (giant) Barbie doll, and you also get into the uncanny valley syndrome where things look a little freakish the more accurate sculptors get. I would love this statue but no way I'd pay even half of what this retails for

The hair doesn't bother me. And since I purchased the other two I may get this one too after I've seen some in hand picks. I wonder if you could just put the hair in a pony tail or put it up or something so you don't need a beautician to style it. Maybe I could just put a hair net on it like the lunch lady.

The hair is a deal breaker for me. Why pay that much for giant Barbie doll hair? Sculpted and I would have PO'd.

The hair doesn't bother me. And since I purchased the other two I may get this one too after I've seen some in hand picks. I wonder if you could just put the hair in a pony tail or put it up or something so you don't need a beautician to style it. Maybe I could just put a hair net on it like the lunch lady.

Haha sexiest lunch lady ever! Can someone photoshop her with massive curlers in her hair and facemask :lol

The hair is a deal breaker for me. Why pay that much for giant Barbie doll hair? Sculpted and I would have PO'd.

Realistic is much better at this scale IMO. You guys sound funny not wanting it to look like the real person, yet argue for pages over the likeness. "a little freakish the more accurate", so you want inaccurate? Makes no sense.

Superman's hair looks great sculpted. I'm not sure if Joker would look better or not with real hair, but I'd probably like to see them try real hair. I have mixed feelings about Wonder Woman's hair. I'm sure if you had someone that knows how to style hair like that it will look great, but if not it may look awful.

Superman's hair looks great sculpted. I'm not sure if Joker would look better or not with real hair, but I'd probably like to see them try real hair. I have mixed feelings about Wonder Woman's hair. I'm sure if you had someone that knows how to style hair like that it will look great, but if not it may look awful.
It is easier to get away with sculpting short hair, but properly done it would look better real also. I like the challenge of getting it perfect, others seem either afraid or lack the desire to change anything with their pieces.

Realistic is much better at this scale IMO. You guys sound funny not wanting it to look like the real person, yet argue for pages over the likeness. "a little freakish the more accurate", so you want inaccurate? Makes no sense.

I've never said anything about the likeness I think it's great. But the hair doesn't look like a persons hair it looks like a doll. Whereas the sculpted hair on Joker and Batman look nicer.

Production rework of the portrait. Looking much better.

18556658_1849821441950238_6815802267266381830_o.jpg

Back