Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice vid of Prime 1 Wonder Woman 1/2,1/3 Training and 1/3 on Horse by Shioktoys.

https://youtu.be/BHQAi6Xb1QU

From the other thread but good shots of the 1/2 WM, face doesn't look bad anymore I don't think, hair looks different too, I'd just be worried that the hair comes out of the box frizzy and you have to use an iron or something / style it to make it look good...

Looks so much better now. those who POd can rest easy :)

I actually cancelled this faster than a blind date arranged by a relative after seeing the SWF pics (of which there were disappointingly few.) I have no doubt the textures and build quality will be something to behold once in-hand, but, for all the prototype may have lacked in Gadot likeness, the piece at least had a through-line with the pose (look at how much more intent and determination the 1:1 has by comparison with relatively minor differences in head position and stance width.)

aOVZQnD_700b.jpg

I have a theory as to why the body and head sculpt on the 1:2 now seem like they belong to two separate pieces, but the latter rests too low on shoulders, making her look shrugged. It's similar to how the narrowed pose on the training armor piece robs it of its strength and reminds me of how off XM's Dark Phoenix and, more recently, Witchblade's switch-out portraits look on the bodies after they let fan input/criticism steer them away from the clear vision for the whole piece they might've had in the beginning. Both of those statues still have stunning presence, but it's hard to unsee the disjointedness when you've followed them from the beginning development stages.

I will happily reorder this WW if the in-hand pics blow me away like the ones of Superman and Batman eventually did. I have no problem with the scale and see the rooted hair as not only workable, but the preferred option. I do feel though that, between this and the 1:3 horse statue, that the initial enthusiasm from the reveals will give way to further criticism once the SWF photos are scrutinized at the same level people have done for, say, the 1:2 Joker.

I actually cancelled this faster than a blind date arranged by a relative after seeing the SWF pics (of which there were disappointingly few.) I have no doubt the textures and build quality will be something to behold once in-hand, but, for all the prototype may have lacked in Gadot likeness, the piece at least had a through-line with the pose (look at how much more intent and determination the 1:1 has by comparison with relatively minor differences in head position and stance width.)

View attachment 357190

I have a theory as to why the body and head sculpt on the 1:2 now seem like they belong to two separate pieces, but the latter rests too low on shoulders, making her look shrugged. It's similar to how the narrowed pose on the training armor piece robs it of its strength and reminds me of how off XM's Dark Phoenix and, more recently, Witchblade's switch-out portraits look on the bodies after they let fan input/criticism steer them away from the clear vision for the whole piece they might've had in the beginning. Both of those statues still have stunning presence, but it's hard to unsee the disjointedness when you've followed them from the beginning development stages.

I will happily reorder this WW if the in-hand pics blow me away like the ones of Superman and Batman eventually did. I have no problem with the scale and see the rooted hair as not only workable, but the preferred option. I do feel though that, between this and the 1:3 horse statue, that the initial enthusiasm from the reveals will give way to further criticism once the SWF photos are scrutinized at the same level people have done for, say, the 1:2 Joker.

Nice analysis and I agree - the 1:1 scale version looks much better.

Everybody cancel your preorders. The face is fat Gal Gadot...hair is awful. Not feeling the stance. For the $$$ we are willing to pay, she has to be on point. She still looks a bit hungover. I think she is hungover from her movie, from BvS ComiCon, Wonderfest. I definitely am. The appeal to own a 1/2 scale of her is waning. I was hoping these new pics were going to keep my enthusiasm alive. Gentlemen, I am throwing in the towel. Going to cancel. Who's with me?
6b9f6386ac754c824d72d20d7c6c5c6d.jpg

Everybody cancel your preorders. The face is fat Gal Gadot...hair is awful. Not feeling the stance. For the $$$ we are willing to pay, she has to be on point. She still looks a bit hungover. I think she is hungover from her movie, from BvS ComiCon, Wonderfest. I definitely am. The appeal to own a 1/2 scale of her is waning. I was hoping these new pics were going to keep my enthusiasm alive. Gentlemen, I am throwing in the towel. Going to cancel. Who's with me?

Nobody. Face is nice, hair is as well. Stance is fine, that 1:1 looks unbalanced to me, feet are too far apart, too unnatural.

6b9f6386ac754c824d72d20d7c6c5c6d.jpg

Despite my cancellation, I hope my analysis didn't provoke this sort of reaction from anyone who was excited for the piece, as its less-than-satisfactory showing (for my money, at least) has nothing to do with the amount of effort of lack thereof I feel Prime 1 put into it.

They hired an top 3D sculpting talent, Hossein Diba, to fix the portrait in response to the likeness complaints and P1 themselves not feeling it was up to their usual standard (I would argue their track record thus far is damn near perfect based on the Arkham line, although I'm not enough of a Transformers fan to evaluate those. Most collectors seem to dig them.) I just don't think that Diba was the right fit, due to his skills being almost caricature celebrity portraits--hence why his WWE sculpts look so amazingly unreal and immediately recognizable--and expressions . . . which this WW concept doesn't take advantage of in the slightest, with its lack of expression and Gadot's beautiful but not particularly distinctive features IMO (she charmed me in other ways to make me love her performance.)

As a result, we got a head sculpt that definitely has the likeness, but seems mismatched with the body and highlights a conceptual lack of assuredness, especially displayed near that horse statue, which is really winning me over. See how much more confident Diba's sculpt for Scarlett here looks because he was in-charge of the entire figure, not just the head sculpt. P1 perhaps should've made some adjustments or brought the statue back to the drawing board to better accommodate Diba.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qRLx2

Nobody. Face is nice, hair is as well. Stance is fine, that 1:1 looks unbalanced to me, feet are too far apart, too unnatural.

I'm glad you like the one that's actually available to purchase over the 1:1 :lol

I don't agree that the feet are too far apart though because that's how Gadot stands in the BVS promo image both statues are based on. Neither is as weak sauce as the Iron Studios interpretation . . .

statue1.jpg

. . . but I feel the 1:1 looks more warrior-like, while the 1:2 attempts to play it safer, much like the training armor piece, and ends up noticeably more mannequin-like. HarleyQunn2014's cancellation rallying still bugs me despite this because no one's sure until we see it in-hand how much the pose really matters at such a large scale. I think both the DC Collectibles and Sideshow Armored Batman statues have better poses than P1's, for example, but I don't think the latter's static pose affects that piece's presence at all. I would much rather own (if I can afford it) the 1:2 over the other two.

in BVS while in her outfit she had an epic, serious, confident, cheeky expression and this a no expression look. Still getting this piece because i want the 1:2 trinity just wish they could get her face on par with Superman 1:2 and Batman 1:2. To suit the other 2 pieces i probably would have gone with a focused concentration look on the WW 1:2.

Also how these pieces don't have 2 head sculpts and interchangeable hands is beyond me. Would love to have Supes have 2 clenched fists.

Well based on the last picture I pre-ordered this statue. I wonder how in god's name I'm going to pay for this one :gah:

I have this on pre order to and i don't have any installments because my supplier doesn't offer that on their standard website.

Any updates? Ordered mine through Sideshow...waiting- hope by end of year...

I don't mind delays on this i just want her head sculpt to be on par with Sups and Bats 1:2.

Back