Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Knight - Scarecrow Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple more:

uploadfromtaptalk1454852217803.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454852227093.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454852243796.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454852248732.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Ears have to go on this piece. They shouldn't be seen. The Scarecrow's whole character is based on fear. His portrait should look as scary as possible.

Wow huge improvement! Looks freaking awesome! Cant wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Agreed the ears should be hidden. Also, the injectors look sweet but are begging to be broken while shipping. :horror

Huge improvement!!! This looks fantastic - he looks far more intimidating! I am definitely buying this!!

They need to stop using that same base for so many statues. Harley, Twoface, Azrael and now this all have that same base with small differences to the heads sticking out.

They're meant to display together. Like actually "connected."

Look at the Azrael base compared to this one, Or Harley or Twoface. It's exactly the same sculpt, minus the 2 heads sticking out. The same thing with Batgirl and Nightwing, same base just flipped. It's laziness and I can't be the only one who sees it.

If they are going to be slapping a different character on the same base over and over again then my money will be going elsewhere.

From a technical standpoint it is beautiful.....but i cant shake the feeling of it not being quite right....

I don't quite know why? I was hoping for some mixed media with a couple of actual fabric bandages on the face to produce that fraying look from the game.
Also i think the coat would look better fitted a little closer to the legs. Also if he wasn't stood at such a strange angle and was facing head-on i also think he would look better.

personally in pose i was hoping for something like from his character showcase (including the arm positions - although these ones are fine)

(https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...howcase.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150630212347)

Scarecrow_showcase.jpg

that's all probably just me being picky though........

BUT! I can definitely say without question I DO NOT LIKE the base. Those demon faces are too large, distracting and don't seem to mesh well with either the base or the statue. I would have much preferred a more industrial looking base resembling the equipment, architecture and machinery of Ace Chemicals where he is building his fear bomb. Or the equipment, scenery and 'insect crates' from the Cloudburst and Crane's experiments on Stagg's airship. This base is actually putting me off the figure.

From a technical standpoint it is beautiful.....but i cant shake the feeling of it not being quite right....

I don't quite know why? I was hoping for some mixed media with a couple of actual fabric bandages on the face to produce that fraying look from the game.
Also i think the coat would look better fitted a little closer to the legs. Also if he wasn't stood at such a strange angle and was facing head-on i also think he would look better.

personally in pose i was hoping for something like from his character showcase (including the arm positions - although these ones are fine)

(https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...howcase.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150630212347)

View attachment 280580

that's all probably just me being picky though........

BUT! I can definitely say without question I DO NOT LIKE the base. Those demon faces are too large, distracting and don't seem to mesh well with either the base or the statue. I would have much preferred a more industrial looking base resembling the equipment, architecture and machinery of Ace Chemicals where he is building his fear bomb. Or the equipment, scenery and 'insect crates' from the Cloudburst and Crane's experiments on Stagg's airship. This base is actually putting me off the figure.

Well, I'd say wait until he's painted up before you pass judgment on this piece. It could easy change the way you view this statue. A raw sculpt never looks as good as a finished statue. I actually like what I see very much.

Well, I'd say wait until he's painted up before you pass judgment on this piece. It could easy change the way you view this statue. A raw sculpt never looks as good as a finished statue. I actually like what I see very much.

Well that is a very good point, and to be honest i have just watched Kelvin Loke's video on the PRIME 1 collectors page on facebook and actually seeing a video of this piece has made me feel MUCH better about the pose and positioning. And i'm sure the paintwork will assure me of the face.

However i still REALLY don't like the base, like Jz6x6 has pointed out it is just a lazy rehash of the Two-face and Azreal bases

They need to stop using that same base for so many statues. Harley, Twoface, Azrael and now this all have that same base with small differences to the heads sticking out.

worst of all the Scarecrow base is a lazy rehash that doesn't work. Scarecrow is the main villain in the game, he should have a unique base - not a hand-down base from a couple of tertiary characters with no unique touches or quirks. The base should reflect this incarnation of Scarecrow, maybe something industrial like from ACE Chemicals, or the some of the 'bug crates' from Stagg's airship and Crane's boat from Arkham City. They could even include some different effects in the base such as flickering lights; or fake televisions on the base (like those from which Scarecrow delivers his messages throughout the game or are in his lair when Batman surrenders and the ending at the Asylum) that light up from within like the Joker figure from the Arkham Origins collectors edition.

joker collectors tv sets.jpg

Any of these ideas would be a MASSIVE improvement on the lackluster base this statue currently has

That's a good point, not only is the base a rehash of an old base that's been used multiple times but it just doesn't work for the character at all. The only character that this base really works for is Twoface, because there are TWO FACES on it. It doesn't work for Harley and it sure doesn't work for Azrael either.

I don't mind that all of the bases are of gargoyles on top of buildings but they need to work with the character they are a part of. Not only that but they need to be different enough that they are unique in their own way. Looking back this has been happening from the very beginning. Noel and Deathstroke have the same basses as well just an angel or grim reaper on the front to make them "different".

This company is doing great work but if they can't pump out new and original bases that complement the character they are representing then it will all fall apart sooner or later. It seems they are making statues so fast that something had to be forgotten. Looks like the bases are where they are cutting corners.

There are exceptions though, I have to say that the Beyond base is fantastic as well the Frank Miller Bats has a very unique base that works with the source material.

Back