Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Knight - Scarecrow Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just open it bro. don't dwell on the box, what's the condition of the statue?

Just open it bro. don't dwell on the box, what's the condition of the statue?

I’m not dwelling other than the day I had to wait to open it. I guess I dwelled a little by posting here!

I still think it could have been a return. The fit of the foot peg is very tight and two little points where his leg brace is supposed to be glued to his leg down by his boot have broken loose. So my theory is that someone broke those while trying to jam the foot peg in. Or it is possible that they just came unglued during the cage match the shipping box went through on its way to my house.

Just speculation though. We’ll see what they say. As I said earlier, I’ve only had positive experiences with Sideshow when something has gone awry.

For anyone on the fence, it is a great looking statue. It is a fantastic representation of a character who doesn’t get much love.

Becrecca were you able to return it?

Hope everything worked out.

Yes. They took it back and sent me a new one with no questions asked. They never explained what was up with the old one but I didn’t push it.

The new one is mostly perfect though the female part of the key on the torso is chewed up pretty good like someone took a chisel to it or something. The paint is chipped and there are surface cracks. The fit is perfect though when the last torso had been a bit wobbly so I suppose it’s possible that it was adjusted in the factory for fit? Odd though to get a new piece with chipped paint even on a part that is not exposed.

Nonetheless when it is all assembled it is perfect and I love the statue. I also love that it has a smaller footprint than most of the newer Prime 1 pieces. I’m not opposed to some of their huge intricate bases but from a display flexibility standpoint this base is very versatile.

Sorry I didn’t think to close the loop here and thanks for asking!

Back