Prime 1 Studio: Aquaman - Aquaman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is alot to pay for shipping, did you see how much shipping was direct from p1? Ssc charged me $100 for shipping. I bet p1 would have been cheaper unless they dont ship to your area. They sent from china to usa then back to Australia instead of just direct to you and your paying dearly for that lol. Its literally traveling across the world to get too you. A There and back again journey for your prime 1 aquaman statue

From Prime 1:

Standard Shipping + Temporary Surcharge - $541.00
* Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks once the final payment is paid.
* The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
* In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
* It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.
* Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc.

The shipping cost is temporary increased due to the current worldwide situation.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Wow! That shipping is the price of a PF. That is unreal ....

My half scale terminator purchased from P1 shipped a few weeks ago and the cost was $480 (initial quote was $300), I thought that was bad but over $500 for 1/3 scale is ridiculous!

Finally, i united the 6- A few pics, he looks awesome i just wish he was standing taller on the base a bit so he blended in a bit better with my other prime 1 justice league statues. The ex head actually looks more like JM then the regular way better then it did in promo shots. Most definitely ex or fail imo, i looked at both heads before deciding on which one to use as soon as i uncovered them i immediately saw likeness on one of them- the other head didnt even get fully removed from box. Its a good sculpt with all that hair but the face misses the likeness mark more then the ex. In the end i am glad i bought this one instead of the jl one, which imo looked nothing like JM, but admittedly he blends in better with the other jl statues outside of batman

B6E94853-D09C-4E60-9CBD-9148891E7A03.jpg
41DA1875-6B3B-41B0-B9EB-9AB89CCAF72E.jpg
0B52D9A9-37C8-4934-AA3F-4D1CAC19F01F.jpg
C7CA6CD3-AA5A-4354-8A73-232383B0F8D1.jpg
80AE65E9-7768-48A7-9BBD-95AB9C5076C7.jpg
CB885288-BE15-4D39-B048-AA7DCA84A351.jpg
AEF9F2E1-943A-4DA1-848B-F526C7B6E6BE.jpg

Oh and the trident is ****ing huge. You need a crap ton of depth or else you will have to really angle him and it wont look good cause he will be facing either a wall, another justice league member or your cabinet depending on your setup. He looks the best facing forward (like i have him) and raised up a bit it. Another thing to be aware off is the base is huge (in terms of circumference not height) it makes the jl ones look tiny lol- its the biggest base in my collection thus far even bigger then hush ivy (just the base not all those huge peices we add to it) and supes bases- all about that base no treble lol

Speaking of ivy that statue is amazing but it was a nightmare for me to put together, i ended up chipping a small peice of my base trying to fit those big logs securely into the base. Then the ****ing top vine that wraps around the top half of her body snapped in half as i was trying to mold it with a hair dryer. Many of the peices did not go in easily for me. The 2nd vine peice that i snapped would fall out if you blew on it or moved the vines- it was maddeningly frustrating. Its like the most beautiful detailed statue ive ever seen but with poor part construction in terms of how they fit together. Her feet dont even lie flush on the base cause her ass fully slots into the tree branch plug so you are unable to fully push her foot down fully into the peg slot, had they shouldnt the peg on her foot it wouldn't have been a problem-things like that. Also those badass plants that plug into the artichoke looking plants do not have good magnets sure they go in but they wiggle and arent very secure. When i checked her out yesterday i noticed the main snap dragon prickly vine plant attachment part was just laying near the base apparently it had just fallen out on its own. It didnt break but it just goes to show its not good statue in terms of how the parts come together- weak magnets poor fits and wiggling parts.

The reason i chipped my base is because when i first got the main branch slotted in an attached the big ****ing snap dragon part that wraps around, i noticed gap lines along the base where the first part slotted in. So i tried really hard to get it to slot in perfectly to no avail, it kept hitting on one corner of the base, i guess when i kept trying to get it to go in perfectly I chipped off a small part of the base- it turns out i had it right the first time its supposed to have those gaps but it didnt look good to me so i immediately thought i didnt have in in right-im used to p1 parts actually slotting together really well- not with ivy lol the only part that had extremely secure connection was the connection between the two big plant branches and ivy herself even with her foot peg not fully slotting in

Edit ill reposted my ivy feedback in her thread

thanks for the pics and congrats. :)
But i must say im not flashed from the Statue, i must say Batman steal him the show, the pose is not really optimal (proportions) and the Head paint, better like the JL one but looks to inhuman.

Holy frack I just checked the shipping for me and it costs a crapload!

View attachment 499420

Well I’ve now officially cancelled my preorder. I really did want this, but the final shipping cost was even higher at $584 USD. I just couldn’t do it in the end.

So it looks like I’ll only be getting the 1/2 scale from Queen Studios.

I’ve cancelled or plan to cancel 3-4 Prime 1 orders in the last few months. For awhile for statues I was ordering nothing but pieces from Prime 1 (and Iron Studios), but now they’ve been completely replaced by Queen Studios.

That shipping cost is ridiculous! Surely as a business they are able to get cheaper shipping than that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well they’ve finally refunded me my money almost 3 bloody weeks later.

But unfortunately because of the strengthening of the Aussie dollar (and further PayPal fees) I was only refunded $1,098.89 AUD rather than the original $1,379.25 AUD that I paid (used Gift cards and rewards for the rest). This loss equates to about $213 USD at current exchange rates. And it didn’t help matters that the AUD strengthened by 3% over the past 3 weeks.

And note they did refund the ‘NRD’, but of course my loss is now way in excess of that, but it could’ve been even more if I had cancelled before it was ‘delayed’.

I’ll never ever recommend any international customer ever to pay in more than two instalments ever again. I didn’t think I would ever cancel, but then I never thought their shipping costs on Prime 1 1/3 scale statues would literally triple from when I originally placed my preorder with Sideshow.

A fellow aussie! How you doing mate?

Sorry to hear, the dollar has indeed rebounded aggressively and Prime 1 only uses paypal which doesn't help with fees.

I agree, the current shipping cost is atrocious. The megatron bust (20cm size), from Prime 1, I was quoted US $122 for shipping, almost the price of the bust itself.

Completely doesn't make sense that 1/3 scale statues like aquaman are costing more to ship than 1/2 scale statues like the endoskeleton. Unless it comes in multiple boxes, but then it shouldn't be as the statue is smaller.

It would be good if we had a big distributer here, like of sideshows size equivalent. But I guess customer base in Australia just isn't big enough.

Would you still be getting the QS 1/2 scale? I actually dig that piece more. The detail looks incredible on that one.

A fellow aussie! How you doing mate?

Sorry to hear, the dollar has indeed rebounded aggressively and Prime 1 only uses paypal which doesn't help with fees.

I agree, the current shipping cost is atrocious. The megatron bust (20cm size), from Prime 1, I was quoted US $122 for shipping, almost the price of the bust itself.

Completely doesn't make sense that 1/3 scale statues like aquaman are costing more to ship than 1/2 scale statues like the endoskeleton. Unless it comes in multiple boxes, but then it shouldn't be as the statue is smaller.

It would be good if we had a big distributer here, like of sideshows size equivalent. But I guess customer base in Australia just isn't big enough.

Would you still be getting the QS 1/2 scale? I actually dig that piece more. The detail looks incredible on that one.

I actually went through Sideshow for the cancelled piece.

And it’s because I’m currently getting the QS 1/2 scale piece that made it an easy decision to cancel the 1/3 scale piece.

But unfortunately I preordered it via SPEC, as I didn’t know about Sugo at the time and have been paying via instalments. I wish I had known our currency would appreciate this much or I would’ve paid via deposit method instead. So I’ll only have the final instalment and shipping (maybe) that will be converted using the better exchange rate.

I had quite a few preorders with Prime 1, but just in the last few months I’ve cancelled the Hush Ivy, Flash (CW) and the Aquaman piece, all because I keep on preordering Queen Studio pieces including the WW bust, 1/2 Aquaman, 1/3 Joker & Batman, 1/4 Thanos and SM, and a few other odds and ends such as the Metal WW Shield and Joker Bank Mask (and one from JND). And I already have three other busts including Thanos, Hulk and the Mark 50.

I actually went through Sideshow for the cancelled piece.

And it?s because I?m currently getting the QS 1/2 scale piece that made it an easy decision to cancel the 1/3 scale piece.

But unfortunately I preordered it via SPEC, as I didn?t know about Sugo at the time and have been paying via instalments. I wish I had known our currency would appreciate this much or I would?ve paid via deposit method instead. So I?ll only have the final instalment and shipping (maybe) that will be converted using the better exchange rate.

I had quite a few preorders with Prime 1, but just in the last few months I?ve cancelled the Hush Ivy, Flash (CW) and the Aquaman piece, all because I keep on preordering Queen Studio pieces including the WW bust, 1/2 Aquaman, 1/3 Joker & Batman, 1/4 Thanos and SM, and a few other odds and ends such as the Metal WW Shield and Joker Bank Mask (and one from JND). And I already have three other busts including Thanos, Hulk and the Mark 50.

Ah ok I see. Sugo prices are slightly better than buying from overseas but have recently been pricing in shipping costs significantly on their products. Popcultcha is a bit more competitive than Sugo but don't stock as much variety.

Don't bear yourself up with currency fluctuations, no one can guess with the volatility of the AUD. But paying the minimum deposit first whilst a statue is on hold can be a wise idea, can bites both ways if the dollar weakens!

QS pieces are a killer, overall their statue quality has impressed me more than Prime 1. Nice DC line up you got there! It's going to be an awesome collection when you receive them all.

Back