Prime 1 Studio: Aquaman - Aquaman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that looks better about the sideshow version is the price. Not sure i want to drop 1k on aquaman however he would look really good next to the prime 1 justice league wonder woman and superman statues i have on po. I will probably just bite the bullet and po prime 1 over ssc but no rush atm to decide

If you've got supes and wonder woman on their way then this is a no brainer for me. I can't rely on sideshow to deliver unfortunately

If you've got supes and wonder woman on their way then this is a no brainer for me. I can't rely on sideshow to deliver unfortunately

I agree on both points.

Though I've hedged my bets and ordered both versions.....well I've pretty much ordered all the JL related Prime 1 pieces..... though I'm currently second guessing my JL Aquaman order, but I've currently got all 6 on preorder.

The only thing that looks better about the sideshow version is the price. Not sure i want to drop 1k on aquaman however he would look really good next to the prime 1 justice league wonder woman and superman statues i have on po. I will probably just bite the bullet and po prime 1 over ssc but no rush atm to decide

Part of me is still surprised that the 1/3 JL Batman Ex is still available. The only two in the line to go to waitlist (and under 24 hours at that) were the Ultimate WW and the Superman Ex.

Though of course both Ultimate WW and Superman Ex had a 350 edition size, whereas Batman and both Aquaman currently have a 500 edition size.

After seeing the movie multiple times,
I would buy a Orm Patrick Wilson statue and of course please a Mera statue of Amber Heard.

And maybe one day we can get a Sub- Commander Faora-Ul statue from MoS.

I would buy a Orm Patrick Wilson statue and of course please a Mera statue of Amber Heard.

Honestly I’m not sure I totally like the costume that Amber Heard wore as Mera. I know it’s very similar to what she wore in the New 52 run, but I would’ve preferred a more armoured look. Maybe something in between how she was portrayed in Justice League and Aquaman. I know this may be the unpopular opinion but overall I preferred how she looked in Justice League.

I’m a guy, and I like scantily clad women like anyone else, but for whatever reason, when she wasn’t in action scenes I thought they were trying too hard to sell the character to a certain segment of the audience, if you know what I mean. Heck I preferred how she looked in her human civilian outfit. And I do think the colour of her hair was a bit too red. I think in JL, it wasn’t as severe.

Honestly I’m not sure I totally like the costume that Amber Heard wore as Mera. I know it’s very similar to what she wore in the New 52 run, but I would’ve preferred a more armoured look. Maybe something in between how she was portrayed in Justice League and Aquaman. I know this may be the unpopular opinion but overall I preferred how she looked in Justice League.

I’m a guy, and I like scantily clad women like anyone else, but for whatever reason, when she wasn’t in action scenes I thought they were trying too hard to sell the character to a certain segment of the audience, if you know what I mean. Heck I preferred how she looked in her human civilian outfit. And I do think colour of her hair was a bit too red. I think in JL, it wasn’t as severe.

Yeah I get what you're saying and they could have easily made it awkward but the way they portrayed her character and the respect Arthur shows towards her really worked

I’m a guy, and I like scantily clad women like anyone else, but for whatever reason, when she wasn’t in action scenes I thought they were trying too hard to sell the character to a certain segment of the audience, if you know what I mean. Heck I preferred how she looked in her human civilian outfit. And I do think the colour of her hair was a bit too red. I think in JL, it wasn’t as severe.
Phoenix, totally agree.
More armoured like in JL. Jep totally.
And yes - liked her in her civilan clothes.

I just wanted to say in a simple way, that I would like to have a Amber Heard Mera statue :)

bet we do get Mera….we have a couple years before they get this out:lol

Day 1 pre order for me if that happens.

What room do you have your statues in?

In a spare room, which spilled out into the family room upstairs.

I’ll probably have to fully reorganise the statues in the rooms, box up quite a bit of unwanted statues to shift things around, and change all the furniture in the spare room, as the current stuff isn’t exactly conducive to my collection. As there’s a lot of wasted space.

I should’ve done it a long time ago, but I’m procrastinating as I know it’s going to take a lot of effort to get it all done. So I’m waiting until I absolutely have no choice. 6 or so 1/3 statues will probably push me over the edge.

Is there any unboxing videos of this statue???? Mine is shipping on Tuesday and will be here next week, however i am shocked there are no unboxing videos whatsoever on the net. I cant possibly be the first one to get it cause i ordered from ssc not prime1- or maybe i am the only one that bought it lol

Also another strange thing i noticed. Prime 1 lists the es for the ex as 150 but ssc shows 500, how is that possible????

https://www.prime1studio.com/dcam-aquaman-mmam-01ex.html
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-aquaman-prime-1-studio-904277

Is there any unboxing videos of this statue???? Mine is shipping on Tuesday and will be here next week, however i am shocked there are no unboxing videos whatsoever on the net. I cant possibly be the first one to get it cause i ordered from ssc not prime1- or maybe i am the only one that bought it lol

Also another strange thing i noticed. Prime 1 lists the es for the ex as 150 but ssc shows 500, how is that possible????

https://www.prime1studio.com/dcam-aquaman-mmam-01ex.html
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-aquaman-prime-1-studio-904277

I believe the total edition size is 350. 150 Exclusives and 200 Regulars. I think I saw that a couple of months back when I checked out the Prime 1 website.

Holy frack I just checked the shipping for me and it costs a crapload!

DA95CD76-FACD-41FA-B65C-82898F3BE19F.jpg

My last 1/3 Prime 1 Justice League pieces cost between $190 to $240 USD. This is more than double!

I wanted the Exclusive quite a bit, which is why I was willing to get it via Sideshow rather than locally where I would only get the Regular. But the difference between what it would cost me total to import and getting the Regular locally is somewhere in the vicinity of $800 USD Plus!

View attachment 499420

My last 1/3 Prime 1 Justice League pieces cost between $190 to $240 USD. This is more than double!

I wanted the Exclusive quite a bit, which is why I was willing to get it via Sideshow rather than locally where I would only get the Regular. But the difference between what it would cost me total to import and getting the Regular locally is somewhere in the vicinity of $800 USD Plus!

Wow that is alot to pay for shipping, did you see how much shipping was direct from p1? Ssc charged me $100 for shipping. I bet p1 would have been cheaper unless they dont ship to your area. They sent from china to usa then back to Australia instead of just direct to you and your paying dearly for that lol. Its literally traveling across the world to get too you. A There and back again journey for your prime 1 aquaman statue

View attachment 499420

Christ Sideshow's shipping is ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back