Prime 1 - Macross

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.

battleoid.jpg

Last edited:
Even though I have no interest, I think the transformers stuff looks good. Hoping the ROBOTECH line looks just as good. I may try to snag at least one item if I can.

I am getting both lines. So glad it's I don't have any family I don't have to justify buying this stuff to anyone.

I am getting any of the Veritechs for sure. Real shame they didn't make these when I started collecting 11 years ago, they would have been $500.00 or so.

Last edited:
I think the kids logic stuff looks great, just to much with freight factored in for me. Sideshow will at least carry P1 so it's definitely easier. I think it took a while for someone to want do anything for this property., but at least it's getting done.

anyone else not fancy the Too Much Detail look?

it's like recent transformers where they add in tons of panel lines & mechanical components on the frames.

Yes I was on a Robotech forum and people thought was too much detail. I agree but been in statue collecting 11 years and waited for some Veritechs so not a big deal. Transformers I agree has too much details but again been waiting for statues of those.

Yes I was on a Robotech forum and people thought was too much detail. I agree but been in statue collecting 11 years and waited for some Veritechs so not a big deal. Transformers I agree has too much details but again been waiting for statues of those.

guess must be hard for sculptors nowadays. so they have to try real hard to impress companies to hire them.

same like video games, now it's about how big the game files are, how many DLCs, how many side quest etc when they run out of ideas making a good basic game.

I think the details add to the sculpts, they are giant pieces of complex machinery so to me it makes sense. Kids logic cockpit has the same detail. Difference between it looking real vs. looking like a cartoon.

I love all the extra detail. For as much as we all are spending on these things, wouldn't you want the most value for what you're paying? I love it when stuff is so detailed that every time I look at it I always spot something new. That is exciting.

I love all the extra detail. For as much as we all are spending on these things, wouldn't you want the most value for what you're paying? I love it when stuff is so detailed that every time I look at it I always spot something new. That is exciting.

i would prefer them to be actual split up parts when it comes to details, not just molded patterns.

i've seen some folks mod their model kits, for example the usual molded 1 piece modlded vent cover they replaced with few cut out plates to mimick full vent flaps.

or cut out some sculpted vent openings and replace it with a mesh.

or wing tips that are separated from the main wings so you can pose it like it's changing direction.

small things like these really adds to the realism.

sculpted details, not so much.

i would prefer them to be actual split up parts when it comes to details, not just molded patterns.

i've seen some folks mod their model kits, for example the usual molded 1 piece modlded vent cover they replaced with few cut out plates to mimick full vent flaps.

or cut out some sculpted vent openings and replace it with a mesh.

or wing tips that are separated from the main wings so you can pose it like it's changing direction.

small things like these really adds to the realism.

sculpted details, not so much.

Good points but possibly a bit to many "tweeks" that will eventually be reflected in a higher price on an already expensive piece. On a model kit that works but not necessarily on something that's going to be mass produced.

Good points but possibly a bit to many "tweeks" that will eventually be reflected in a higher price on an already expensive piece. On a model kit that works but not necessarily on something that's going to be mass produced.

it all depends on the consumers. if buyers want features and it's not given, and is asking for more than what buyers willing to pay for, they won't be able to make the sales. the price up has to justify the amount of work required.

and i'm pretty sure a mesh vent isn't that difficult to implement. just leave the vent empty, provide mesh & glue get the sweat shop workers to glue them on in less than 10 seconds. probably faster than packing them in the boxes.

Things that sound simple and relatively easy aren't always so on the manufacturing side, for a number reasons. I think P1 will do just fine with what they've been doing thus far.

Back