1/6 DID D80168 20th Anniversary Edition WWII German Fallschirmjäger Axel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just a teaser for now on their Weibo page:

DID Fallschirmjäger.jpg

DID Axel 1.jpg
DID Axel 2.jpg
DID Axel 3.jpg
DID Axel 4.jpg
DID Axel 5.jpg
DID Axel 6.jpg
DID Axel 7.jpg
DID Axel 8.jpg
DID Axel 9.jpg
DID Axel 10.jpg
DID Axel 11.jpg
DID Axel 12.jpg
DID Axel 13.jpg
DID Axel 14.jpg
DID Axel 15.jpg
DID Axel 16.jpg
DID Axel 17.jpg
DID Axel 18.jpg
DID Axel 19.jpg
DID Axel 20.jpg
DID Axel 21.jpg
DID Axel 22.jpg
DID Axel 23.jpg
DID Axel 24.jpg
DID Axel 25.jpg
DID Axel 26.jpg
DID Axel 27.jpg
DID Axel 28.jpg
DID Axel 29.jpg
DID Axel 30.jpg
DID Axel 31.jpg
DID Axel 32.jpg
DID Axel 33.jpg

Brief Introduction​

As DID embarks on our 20th anniversary milestone, we would like to convey our sincerest appreciation with heartfelt gratitude. Your trust and support have fuelled our ongoing growth and innovation. To commemorate this remarkable occasion, we are back to square one and proudly introduce the DID 20th Anniversary Edition WWII German Fallschirmjager – Axel.

During World War II, the German Air Force’s paratroopers, known as Fallschirmjager, were a rigorously trained and highly skilled unit, specialized in airborne and assault missions. They were among the most elite forces in Germany during WWII and were one of the earliest airborne troops in the world.

The unit was established in 1935. Initially, they were primarily responsible for maintaining Germany’s domestic security, but with the outbreak of war, they swiftly transitioned into a rapid response and offensive military force. They played a significant role in many pivotal campaigns during WWII, including the conquests of Norway, Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands, and the renowned Battle of Crete. The performance of the German paratroopers in WWII exemplified their fearless bravery and professional skills, leaving an indelible mark in military history.

DID is thrilled to introduce 20th Anniversary Edition WWII German Fallschirmjager – Axel, who possesses a steadfast and sharp gaze, with a serious and calm demeanour. His forehead bears several scars, the longest of which runs through one eye.

Axel is clad in the typical uniform and trousers of a German Fallschirmjager, accompanied by a camouflage smock produced with brand-new technique and comfortable materials! On normal occasions, he wears German Fallschirmjager visor cap. But during parachuting, he will wear an M38 helmet with a camouflage cover and put on black Fallschirmjager boots made of genuine leather.

Axel is armed with a FG42 rifle, accompanied by a P08 pistol, and a flare gun. He also carries a boot knife, a gravity knife, and a grenade. The FG42 rifle, a specialized weapon for airborne forces, combines the characteristics of a semi-automatic rifle and a light machine gun. It is not only easy to carry, capable of high-precision single-point attacks but also allows for a selective fire mode for wide-scale attacks and fire suppression. The boot knife, an essential survival tool, is easy to carry and conceal, providing protection during unexpected attacks. The gravity knife has a blade housed within the handle, opened by gravity, mainly used for cutting cords entangled in trees. Equipped with a newly made P08 pistol, a flare gun, and a grenade, the weaponry for Axel is comprehensive.

For accessories, in addition to the bread bag, mess tin, and water bottle, there are an M38 gasmask with cloth carrying bag, binoculars, a shovel with a real leather cover, an FG42 bandolier, a metal dog tag, and finely crafted medals. All accessories are exquisitely detailed! We’ve also designed an unique packing, a 20th anniversary retrospective booklet and an unique-numbered commemorative 20th-Anniversary-Edition plate so that you could keep it as a memento.

This DID 20th Anniversary Edition is worldwide limited to 2023 units. Such a beautifully crafted and unique action figure is not to be missed by enthusiasts like you who have a deep passion for military figures!

Full Part List​

Base:
1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 All New – DID 1:6 HG Body (Slim Tall Ver.)
3 Left palm x 3 + right palm x 3

Outfits:
4 German M38 helmet with inner liner and camo cover
5 German Fallschirmjager visor cap
6 Luftwaffe Fliegerbluse
7 German Fallschirmjager jump trousers
8 German Fallschirmjager camouflage smock
9 Grey toque
10 Y-strape(genuine leather)
11 Belt (genuine leather)
12 Cotton one-piece suit
13 WWII German Fallschirmjager boots(genuine leather)

Accessories:
14 Blue bread bag
15 Canteen (metal)
16 Mess tin (metal)
17 M38 gas mask with cloth carrying bag
18 Binoculars
19 WWII German shovel with carrier(genuine leather)
20 FG42 bandolier
21 Watch
22 Cigarette
23 Dog tag
24 Unique-numbered commemorative 20th-Anniversary-Edition plate
25 20th Anniversary retrospective booklet

Weapon:
26 P08 pistol with two clips and holster (genuine leather)
27 Flare pistol with 2 cartridges
28 FG42 Type I with long magazine X 2+short magazine X 1+bullet X 8
29 Grenade
30 WWII German boot knife
31 Gravity knife

Insignia:
32 Collar tab X 1 pair
33 Shoulder board X 1 pairs
34 WWII German Fallschirmjager sleeve ranking insignia X 2
35 German Luftwaffe Bevo Breast Eagle X 2
36 German Fallschirmjager paratrooper badge X 1
37 Iron Cross 1st Class 1939 x 1
38 Afrika cuff tile X 1
39 Kreta cuff tile X 1

I like this one a lot! it's good to see a Luger finally and a very nice holster to accompany it.

I like this one a lot! it's good to see a Luger finally and a very nice holster to accompany it.

I remember the Action Man / GI Joe German came with a Luger P08, and in the 1960s and 1970s most war movies gave the Germans a Luger. It became symbolic of evil Nazis, and ingrained in my mind that it was the main sidearm they used.

Dragon Models then changed that by predominantly using the Walther P38, and since then I've barely seen a 1/6 Luger on a WWII figure.

Go Hero's 1/6 Commando Cody Rocketman came with three of them, two with sci fi add-ons. Thinking about it, a hero using a Luger so close to the end of the war was a bit unusual.

1/6 Hellboy Kroenens have had them.

In reality they used a wide variety of pistols due to shortages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_military_equipment_of_World_War_II

There's the usual disdain for Axel on BBICN.

Well, I wasn't collecting 1/6 WWII when the last Fallschirmjäger was released, and I've long missed Dragon Models' Pieter in the collection. I've also been craving an FG 42.

I like the look of this set a lot, and ended up pre-ordering two from Kit, to display them in these variations:

DID Axel 10.jpg

DID Axel 12.jpg

I could also use the spare smock and bandolier to upgrade the second figure I made from Ujindou's Gran Sasso Fallschirmjäger.

I knew I recognised Axel, and he was identified on BBICN as Alexander Skarsgård, or should that be Alexander Scarsgård?

DID Axel 5.jpg

licensed-image.jpg

At least DID stopped including the jigsaws, but they're including this (mine will never see the light of day) as the only thing that makes Axel 'special':

DID Action Figures

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 15 m ·

D80168 DID 20th Anniversary Edition WWII German Fallschirmjager Axel is worldwide limited to 2023 units. First come first serve. Here is the unique-numbered commemorative 20th-Anniversary-Edition nameplate. Hurry up to get yours.

a1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg
d4.jpg

"we back to square one"... DID should've gone "back to square one" and proofread the text.

Going "back to square one" also means returning to where one started, with no progress having been made. :slap

Great thing about this hobby is you learn something new all the time.

Didn't know the FJ smocks had a built in section for a flare gun ( or maybe something else as well) Doesn't look very comfortable given what one of those flare guns might likely weigh, but it's an interesting option.

I wonder how that neck ammo rig would hold up long term, especially if you had to run with it on. I'm guessing there is some kind of attachment points at the Y ends that go down near the front of the belt/smock.

Great thing about this hobby is you learn something new all the time.

Didn't know the FJ smocks had a built in section for a flare gun ( or maybe something else as well) Doesn't look very comfortable given what one of those flare guns might likely weigh, but it's an interesting option.

The hobby is definitely great for learning. When new figures go up that interest me it prompts research for background and accuracy. Then during the assembly I get to see details I never knew existed.

I wonder how that neck ammo rig would hold up long term, especially if you had to run with it on. I'm guessing there is some kind of attachment points at the Y ends that go down near the front of the belt/smock.

There are loops on the back of bandolier to attach it to the belt.

This wasn't a great figure to use for their '20th Anniversary Edition'.

The holster flap isn't long enough to comfortably hold the Luger and be fastened properly.

A sewn on button on one of the smocks pulled straight out.

There's a load of those horrible little black plastic poppers that are fiddly to fasten and come undone easily.

I found the smock poppers impossible to fasten around the legs, and I doubt they'd stay fastened for long if I ever did manage it.

Both straps on both gas mask bags have been attached back to front, so the straps have to be twisted in order to make the buckles face outwards and the stitched parts inwards.

Several of the nail art buttons fell off.

The belt is also overly fiddly, which is the same for all figures with this design. There are a pair of pins that slide up and down on the buckle, which are meant to slot into the holes in the secondary belt, but I found that too frustrating and gave up. Hence the buckles are only kept in place by friction against the leather.

The all-metal FG42 is overkill, and doesn't add anything apart from weight. The figure is pretty heavy, as on top of all the other metal parts the magazines and magazine pouch fillers are also metal.

However, aesthetically everything looks pretty good.

I kept the first figure lightly equipped, and used his smock, bandolier and gas mask bag to upgrade my Ujindou Gran Sasso figure #2 (who's now only retained the helmet from the Ujindou set).

I left the gas mask out of the bag because I couldn't get the bag fastened with it inside without squashing the mask up tightly, which I didn't want to do.

IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1102.JPG

I made the mistake of taking the camouflage cover off the helmet because I didn't like the shape of it, and it highlighted more problems with the figure.

The bayonet slides out of the socket as there's no friction to keep it in place; the magazine falls out of the gun at the slightest touch, and the hand isn't designed to hold the swept back grip.

Futzing the gun into his hands therefore risks the magazine and bayonet falling out. The magazine also catches on the bandolier pouches, and if not careful it also causes the belt to come undone, so you have to start over from the beginning.

Futzing also risks undoing the smock cuff, which is another of those horrible little black plastic poppers.

The fully equipped version is by far the most frustrating DID figure I have. It's one of those figures I'm afraid to touch because something's bound to come undone or fall off.

IMG_1117 DID Axel.JPG
IMG_1120 DID Axel.JPG
IMG_1121 DID Axel.JPG

Back