Statue Prime 1 - DKR Superman 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I would think that's going to happen.

I'm pretty sure this will be my 1 Superman....too bad it's going to be years. Hopefully it isn't all that long before it goes up on order at least.

Yeah, I would think that's going to happen.

I'm pretty sure this will be my 1 Superman....too bad it's going to be years. Hopefully it isn't all that long before it goes up on order at least.

I'm grateful that this won't be with us for a while as he's the only superman statue I've ever considered buying! I just love everything about it, and that base... not too big but looks amazing. This will be mine :lecture

Switchout

Attachments

• 7C807B77-3A6D-4306-9CAB-0D9BAEB3BC5D.jpeg
    7C807B77-3A6D-4306-9CAB-0D9BAEB3BC5D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
I'm a little disappointed they haven't shown an alternate head for the MR Batman. Already seen them for Superman and the new Harley Quinn.

I like the colors and the textures. What I don't like is that pompadour he is sporting. And the face in general looks strange. But all credit to Prime 1 because they have done Frank Miller's art justice. Remember, Frank Miller's story didn't show Superman in the best light. He was a government puppet so Miller had no reason to draw him as the champion of the world. I think if you plan to buy multiple 1/3 Superman statues then this is a cool version to have but as a one-and-only representation in this scale I would be hesitant to order this. Neck down it looks sweet though.

Yeah I hear you, and I actually think I’m going to get this and the Hush 1/3. They’re both just amazing.

I like the colors and the textures. What I don't like is that pompadour he is sporting. And the face in general looks strange. But all credit to Prime 1 because they have done Frank Miller's art justice. Remember, Frank Miller's story didn't show Superman in the best light. He was a government puppet so Miller had no reason to draw him as the champion of the world. I think if you plan to buy multiple 1/3 Superman statues then this is a cool version to have but as a one-and-only representation in this scale I would be hesitant to order this. Neck down it looks sweet though.

Yeah, I think this statue looks amazing and I'm a big Superman fan...BUT I really didn't like The Dark Knight Returns or how Superman was portrayed in that so I don't know if I can convince myself to get it. I'm trying to forget the story and just judge the statue on its own merit.

Last edited:
I’m ok with it as-is but if they pulled that in a little bit, I wouldn’t complain.

Yeah, I think this statue looks amazing and I'm a big Superman fan...BUT I really didn't like The Dark Knight Returns or how Superman was portrayed in that so I don't know if I can convince myself to get it. I'm trying to forget the story and just judge the statue on its own merit.

I feel the same, never liked how Superman was written in that story though I do love it as a Batman story especially part one. The thing is TDKR was never meant to be part of the main continuity but still a lot of negativity developed towards Supes because of that story I feel. That is why I could never display this version of him no matter how good it looked. Jim Lee Superman is everything I love about the character and I've always felt Hush showed both characters in the best light.

I still think this is a great statue for those that love TDKR in it's entirety. I prefer how they've sculpted the cape here to the Hush version. Can imagine how cool a display it will make with the armoured version of Batman when they release that. I'm more interested in a Carrie Kelley Robin to go with the Master Race Batman I'll be getting.

I still think this is a great statue for those that love TDKR in it's entirety. I prefer how they've sculpted the cape here to the Hush version. Can imagine how cool a display it will make with the armoured version of Batman when they release that. I'm more interested in a Carrie Kelley Robin to go with the Master Race Batman I'll be getting.

Exactly, if you don't like the look of it then you prob don't like the comic art. I admit Frank Miller is not one of my favourite artists but if you want a good representation of the comic, this does a fine job. If you actually read the comic, there is a lot worse artwork they could have drawn on and they've struck a perfect balance of recognisability and aesthetics IMO

From Facebook:-

"The rest of us learned to cope. The rest of us recognized the danger--of the endless envy of those not like us. The normal people. The weak. Diana went back to her people. Hal went to the stars. And I have walked the razor's edge for so long... But you, Bruce--you, with your wild obsession. You never learned to let it all go.”
Prime 1 Studio is excited to present the Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Comics Superman Statue!

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is a Batman comic book miniseries written and drawn by Frank Miller and published by DC Comics from February to June 1986.

The Superman Statue has a sculpted blue costume with textured elements and red and yellow accents, including the beautifully crafted iconic red cape. Sculpted with great attention to details different facial expressions tells the history of war and hardship that Superman needs to confront. It also comes with a Kryptonite Arrow which was fired by Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in the story. The base is inspired by the image of the Bat-Tank that appeared in the story as well.

Don’t miss out to add this stunning Superman Statue to your DC collections!

[Product Specifications]
・Statue Size approximately 35 inches tall [H:87.8cm W:57.6cm D:58.9cm]
・One (1) designed base
・Two (2) Interchangeable Left Arm Sets (Open Palm, Clenched Fist)
One (1) Interchangeable Deluxe Left Arm Set (Holding Batman’s Head)
・Two (2) Interchangeable Right Arms Sets (Clenched Fist, Clenched Fist Holding Kryptonite Arrow)
・Two (2) Alternate Deluxe Portraits (Heat Vision, Grin)
・Two (2) Alternate Regular Portrait (Normal, Clenched Jaw)

[Notice]
Prototype samples are shown.
Product details could be subjected to change without further notice.
Lighting added for illustration purposes only.

DELUXE: $1,099.00

REGULAR: $969.00

49641B2F-2E44-4B84-BF5F-B75400B581FE.jpeg

19210E40-37A5-4542-83C4-A4554A7E729C.jpeg

B541BC6F-286A-4A53-AD45-8FBB6CC40943.jpeg

8F31B0E0-24C7-4F42-98DA-0432D1BC188E.jpeg

9281BEF8-4BF5-40D5-9253-48227900399B.jpeg

34B6D1FC-F0DA-4111-9087-0FD3390D2769.jpeg

0CBC3AB0-3CC1-4E27-82F5-F16C96880518.jpeg

1F7E2D50-2FDB-412F-82C8-DCDE93A49278.jpeg

422C84BB-0B31-47C7-90C6-5657BE8F673E.jpeg

BC409745-031E-45D7-B368-FA0487330B50.jpeg