PREVIEW : JAWS Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any confirmation yet that the blue prints, etc, are full size? Dusty said she thought they were in the chat earlier but she didn't seem sure.

The base is not final. The blueprints are faithful to the original size and are pretty darned big.

elwood49 said:
Awesome! No "wall base" please! A "shark on a stick" would even be better than the wall.

My guess is that the piece is too heavy for a single stick... I expect we'll see something between this wall and something more dynamic. I'm curious to see this develop.

Rugby1970 said:
My guess is that the piece is too heavy for a single stick... I expect we'll see something between this wall and something more dynamic. I'm curious to see this develop.

It can be done. :) Here is an example of a very large shark on a stick. This was sculpted by Spiker from Statueforum.

sharki7lu.jpg

The MR Y-Wing should weigh more than Bruce also, and it has a "stick" design.

30.jpg

29.jpg

There are all kinds of possibilities out there. I think the base needs to be plain to focus attention on the maquette. MR screwed up the Y-Wing's base badly, IMO.

I think in even the worse case scenario, Bruce should sit on a cylinder, and not a wall like that.

Yeah, the first Y-wing base (death star) was MUCH better.

I am so glad the base is not final. Sideshow can do better for sure!

Please no wall mount though.

I like the pole idea better than the current base.

Did you pull that tooth out of Ben Gardner's boat? It's the size of a shotglass! ;)

Love the avatar buzzy. :)

At first I didnt like the base, and thought it would just be shark(nothing 'special'). But its just AWESOME. UNBELIEVABLE sculpt and I LOVE the base now. Gives all attention to Bruce.

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

BDboystoys said:
At first I didnt like the base, and thought it would just be shark(nothing 'special'). But its just AWESOME. UNBELIEVABLE sculpt and I LOVE the base now. Gives all attention to Bruce.

Yeah, I agree completely that this piece is just amazing. It's the most excited I've been about a SS piece in quite some time (probably since the Predator maquette). I would be perfectly happy with the piece the way that it is, but a few tweaks could make it even better, IMO. If it can't be changed, then I'll still be happy with this amazing scaled replica.

Thank you SS for finally making something from one of my top 5 all time favorite movies!

Jurassic Park maquettes from Stan Winston Studios next please!

Once I knew this was the full shark I had to order it. I really like Jaws but I love sharks even more. So much so that when I went into college I thought about getting my degree in anything that would allow me to work with Sharks, but I knew I would be in way way too much SL debt. LOL However, this is a nice thing I can display in my collection of a cool maquette of an even cooler spieces of shark.

Sideshow Andy said:
Did you pull that tooth out of Ben Gardner's boat? It's the size of a shotglass! ;)

Love the avatar buzzy. :)

Thanks, Andy. You can never go wrong with the original Kastel art!

BB

Sideshow Q said:
The base is not final. The blueprints are faithful to the original size and are pretty darned big.

So these aren't going to be just small reprints? If we're talking anything larger than 24" x 20" then these are worth the price without the maquette, IMO.

I'm blown away!!

BB

After being disappointed in Spidey PF I decided to go for this piece. I don't regret it one bit. I think once the edition size is revealed for the exclusive this will sell out quickly.

It's hand down the sleeper hit of the show but people don't realize it yet. I can't wait to get it.

Back