PREVIEW : JAWS Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a real boss sculpt! I'd love to see all the reference materials Matt Falls received from Universal if indeed that was what he used to sculpt the shark.

BB

I've been waiting a long time for someone to produce a good Bruce. The McFarlane Jaws box set was nice but half a shark didn't really satisfy my JAWS craving. I hope there are more pieces to come in the JAWS line like an "Orca" replica or even character statues, busts or whatever.

Also, if the base is still to be determined I'd suggest staying true to movie and use a base similar to the system Bruce was mounted on. Here's a photo:

Gothmog said:
Also, if the base is still to be determined I'd suggest staying true to movie and use a base similar to the system Bruce was mounted on. Here's a photo:

I love this idea! If nothing else, at least the "wheel" part of the rig so it doesn't tower too high.

Great name too, Gothmog -- my favorite baddie in LOTR.

Well, I broke down and ordered one. I told myself it would be financially irresponsible, what with a perfectly good JAWS diorama set from McFarlane, but I just couldn't resist.

wookilar8 said:
Check out this shark on a stick on e-bay. Funny thing is it says the stand my vary from this picture.

That shark on a stick looks familiar. There were several fan mad JAWS creations shown at last years JAWSfest. You can see pictures of them HERE. You'll notice that one of the Bruce models is mounted on the rigging.

250 ES for the exclusive is great. I fear people will overlook this piece and then hate themselves for passing on one of the coolest exclusives yet IMO.

Insult to injury months from now: you can order up to 2 exclusives.

for a week or so the Flex Pay one had the meter up, but neither do now.
I think this will end up being a hot item down the road. And tbh I hope there is no regular version. If they only released the SS Excl. it would be awesome.
.. to me the schematics are what keep it from appearing to be nothing more than a plain ol Shark, I wouldnt order this w/o them.

Is there any official word yet on how big the schematics measure? Are we talking 40" x 30ish" or 20" x 16ish", etc.?

I hear SS will be having a cool JAWS display in San Diego this year.

BB

Back