PREVIEW : JAWS Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buttmunch said:
In the little preview square you can see a black stand. It looks like it will be the full shark.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I blew up that thumbnail for a closer look:

7153medium0he.gif

It's either a black stand holding it up or a black board that you hang on the wall with the shark's head and fins coming out of it.

If you look at the preview you only see alf a shark then it dissapears sharply. Sooo, what If it IS like the movie poster with jaws facing upwards?

huh!huh!:wacky

Buttmunch said:
In the little preview square you can see a black stand. It looks like it will be the full shark.

hmmm.. looks more of a "back board" thing to me. like the wall-busts of the V-rex etc from Weta.. we'll see. :)

I have a Sneaky Feeling that this is a Maquette of the Mechanical Bruce, complete with hydraulics attached, the whole mechanism.

Lembas Eater said:
I have a Sneaky Feeling that this is a Maquette of the Mechanical Bruce, complete with hydraulics attached, the whole mechanism.

Nope, 24" Bruce with a "floating effect". The statue is of the whole shark. Price is $250. I'm definitely buying this one.

Thank you SS!

elwood49 said:
Nope, 24" Bruce with a "floating effect". The statue is of the whole shark. Price is $250. I'm definitely buying this one.

Thank you SS!

Cool, I prefer this myself!

And yes indeed, Heres to Peter! He not only wrote the masterpiece, but when people began getting "shark fever" in the wake of JAWS, he came to realize that people were actively hunting down an endangered species and worked to bring about instead "shark awareness" (he often regretted writing JAWS because of this, but i think he actually ended up doing more good than harm).

And though its not as important as his life and writings, with him dies the fan hope for a Sequel with all the original elements: Written by Benchley, Directed by Spielberg, starring Dreyfuss and with an incredibly realistic CG shark! It Never would have happened but now that dream will always be missing his contribution.

There is always the remake option. The shark might look better, but I don't think the original film can be topped. Perhaps Spielberg will go Lucas on it and CG the Shark replacing the robotic one on some special DVD?

Buttmunch said:
Perhaps Spielberg will go Lucas on it and CG the Shark replacing the robotic one on some special DVD?

PLEASE no. LOL

Jaws is a masterpiece just the way it is.

Oh dear Lord... I don't think anyone in their right mind would remake Jaws, it simply can't be touched. It would be like Nasa trying to re-invent the 'ball' to be more round...... or something.

Great Idea!!

Buttmunch said:
There is always the remake option. The shark might look better, but I don't think the original film can be topped. Perhaps Spielberg will go Lucas on it and CG the Shark replacing the robotic one on some special DVD?

Great idea!!

Then Spielberg can replace Brody's gun with a walkietalkie and he can talk the shark to death. :D

I remember hearing a few years ago that Bruce Willis was going to star in a remake of "The Searchers" set in outer space. Hollywood will remake anything it can, for better or for worse...

That may be the very piece I'd seen in a mag and semi-remembered thinking this may be the SS piece!

EDIT
and i still don't know, that paint application seems to have a VERY similar pattern - the blue section over the mouth.
Compare it to the preview pic.

EDIT AGAIN:

NOPE that is NOT it! cool!

Last edited:
Back