Premium Format Mummy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the base the way it is displayed with sarcophagus lid closed, the artifacts lend it an air of authenticity that appeals to the Egyptologist in me. I think that a conopic jar and ushebti (sorry if I mispelled those, I may be interested in Egyptology, but spelling them...). I do think these items distract a bit when the lid is off displaying the Mummy himself. If I thought it'd be safe I'd put the sarcophagus in the base and have the Mummy next to it. But that's just asking for trouble I think.

SideshowDusty said:
You are correct, sir. If you choose to hang it on your wall, it removes from the base. Or if you choose to lay it down like a coffin or something. There are many display options! :duff
Excellent!

bof.jpg

I contacted my distributor on the availability of the Mummy PF. Unfortunately they haven't updated their site for three months, and they told me to check their site for the next month to see if they have updated. Alternatively send another email in a month. Hopefully they are over estimating his arrival, and it will appear on their site soon.

At least they have acknowledged that they will be getting him in, that is the main thing. It puts me in a shakey position, not knowing how many they will be getting. I hope Sideshow don't sell out too soon.

I'd be interested in any other overseas collectors experiences or their concerns regarding the supply of The PF Mummy. Has your distributor been able to confirm a price at all?

So what is the Mummy with Sarcophagus classed as? It isn't a PF, because no mixed media is used. Is it a statue? Is it an environment?

I'm very happy with how Sideshow has presented this radical new addition. What does it mean for the Creature from the Black Lagoon? I don't think we'll be seeing a rubber covered statue, which is what I'd like, but the breakdown factor mightn't make it viable. A wholely polystone statue would keep the price down but not the demand.

Rather than turn the thread into a discussion about the Creature, is anyone concerned about the strength of the magnets, and it's possibilty to chip the stone, or interfere with nearby metallic objects, or pace makers? Can it be used as the beneficial health treatment known as magnetic therapy?

Actually it is listed as a Premium Format Set. From the product description:

Cast in a variety of materials including high quality polystone, dense foam, PU, and metal, this set is the perfect desktop or wall-mount display.

As far as The Creature, I have always held out hope for sometype of rubberized suit. I mean CM is using silicone 'skin' for their 1/3 scale so surely SS should be able to come up with something feasible. :D

That description is a cop out, they could use paper mache as the bulk and cover it with polystone, it would still be a statue to me. Belated Happy Birthday Oxbeard, btw. Who is CM? Does the skin on that need to be sculpted like the Creatures skin would probably have to be? Whaaaaaaaaaaa I want my Mummy. :monkey2

It is too bad they couldn't get the wrappings to be actual cloth, but I'm guessing to get them to look old and rotted and not like he was just freshly wrapped was too difficult meaning too expensive which would cause price to go up (and personally I'm glad it didn't). But honestly, more and more I'm starting to just want the sarcophagus, its so cool.

Don't know about there, but there are plenty of sacophagii around. I found one for my 12in, but it was 12in too. On the outside. Couldn't get my mummy in. Most are small, or alteratively very large. Egyptian stuff was popular a couple of years ago, and here, it has just had a slight resurgence. It mightn't be film accurate, but I'll still keep looking.

creecher said:
That description is a cop out, they could use paper mache as the bulk and cover it with polystone, it would still be a statue to me. Belated Happy Birthday Oxbeard, btw. Who is CM? Does the skin on that need to be sculpted like the Creatures skin would probably have to be? Whaaaaaaaaaaa I want my Mummy. :monkey2

Thanks Creech. Yeah, I thought the description was basically a technicality too.

CM is Cinemaquettes. Here's a link to their site www.cinemaquette.com

Last edited:
Don't know how they work announcing edition sizes. There are quite a few 12er's that have not had their edition size listed yet. :tap

I would daresay it is a balance of interest shown, through pre-ordering, and reviewing previous demand and sales figures of the other Uni PF's.

Thanks for the link Ox. A real eye opener. Looks like the cost of a Creature wont be as low as I would have liked. Take your time Sideshow I am behind with my savings.

Last edited:
How about that Andy Bergholtz?

How about it Andy? Care to share some unpainted shots, or some comments on your part in it's development? Can't let this thread die too quickly, after all.

What happened? The other day The Mummy was third on the most popular list. Where'd it go?

Still trying to get some word from the distributor that they will get some in. :tap

I am still waiting to see how many they produce. Maybe they shouldve put that up to begin with. I know it made the Wolfman PF sell like hot cakes! It also made me get off my lazy back side and order one faster than I normally would as well.

I don't understand why anyone who MIGHT want this would wait to order based on the announcement of an edition size. Order it now, if the announced ES is too high for you, you can always cancel your pre-order. But if its low, you may miss out.

Yeah; I mean, this is going to be a really nice display piece, what with the sarcophagus and all. If you think you might want it, why wait? A lot of people hedged on pre-ordering the PF Frodo from the LOTR, and then, when they anounced an ES of 1,000, it was sold out in very short order (within a day, IIRC). Now, I'm sure there are LOTR fans kicking themselves for waiting.

warlock664 said:
I don't understand why anyone who MIGHT want this would wait to order based on the announcement of an edition size. Order it now, if the announced ES is too high for you, you can always cancel your pre-order. But if its low, you may miss out.

Weeeellll, I already ordered mine the minute it went up. But i would still like to know how many are getting produced. I wouldve bought the edition regardless of size (for the record). Just curious.

EVILFACE said:
I guess numbers are more important to some instead of the piece itself.

For some maybe...but not me. I am addicted to Universal Monsters! I just WANNA KNOW HOW MANY....WHY CANT I KNOW?...WHY MUST I ENDURE THIS ENDLESS TORTURE??? WHY?????:lol

I just wanna know so I can kinda gage if demand is up a little since Wolfman or if they made less of this guy than Wolfie. Thats all.

Back