Premium Format Mummy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creecher said:
Hell Yeah. It took me ages to save and get the others, after a slow start, and now I am ready for The Mummy. I have been biting my lip on the RoboCop and other assorted 1/6 droolies to ensure I wasn't going to be taken by surprise, and after this I wont be buying too much, till I have enough for a Creature. You have to have your priorities right. Right?

More news, more pics, more Con. Bring it on. :monkey5

Yeah, I've had the RoboCop figures and the Predator figures in my cart at Adam's probably four or five times and kept taking them out! I know I will regret not getting them, but with Sideshow releasing things like The Mummy PF (and we know the Creature is coming!), I would rather have them!! Like you said... priorities!!!! :rotfl

How quickly do these usually sell out? I'm very tempted to get this (which if I do I'm gonna have to get Wolfman too (wish the colour version wasn't sold out) but money and space may force me to put it off for awhile. I suppose worse comes to worst I get the SSE later...

Depends how limited it is. The colour Wolfman was extremely limited and sold out in about a week IIRC.

Darklord Dave said:
Depends how limited it is. The colour Wolfman was extremely limited and sold out in about a week IIRC.

That sounds about right. It was a domestic web exclusive too. Half in the states through SS site and half abroad.

Darklord Dave said:
A disturbing development, this could cause a problem. I take it the SSE's move a bit slower, all of them have small editions sizes and are still in stock, granted how many there are is unknown. Anyone know when SSE Frank and Drac went up for sale?

Thanks for all the info with this by the way. It's so much nicer and easier to make difficult decisions about purchases when you have friendly reliable people you can pester for information.

I notice we now have a banner link to the SSE Wolfman, trying to tell me something Dave? :lol

My order is in :chew :chew :chew

The first place I jumped to in the NL this week. I couldn't wait to get my order in. :D

This thing is freaking sweet!! Holy crap. I would kill to get it, but it's more than I'm willing to spend on this character. Sure, I'll drop 450 for Grievous, but not 350 for The Mummy. I will still recommend it to anyone with the cash to buy this thing if they love the character.

Azog said:
It looks so sweet, that thing is gonna be heavy!

Sure is. This one may actually top Wolfman as my favorite Universal PF. I'm not sure I can wait until 4th QTR :google

To be honest, I'm underwhelmed with the Mummy figure itself. I think I have built up my expectations so much, that it couldn't live up to them. I'm sure in a day or two, I will love it more. The Sarcohpagus is sweet and the Karloff likeness on it is dead on, but the Mummy figure, something just seems... I don't know yet...

I'm sure I will love it in time, especially when I see it at SDCC! :lol

:bow :bow :bow :bow

This thing looks amazing!!!!!

The Mummy will no doubt top the Wolfman which I believed wasn't possible.

You can even mount it on the wall. How cool is that!!!! :chew :chew

Bonehead15 said:
:bow :bow :bow :bow

This thing looks amazing!!!!!

The Mummy will no doubt top the Wolfman which I believed wasn't possible.

You can even mount it on the wall. How cool is that!!!! :chew :chew

Yeah I just went back and read that. Very interested to see how I'm going to display it now.

Cast in a variety of materials including high quality polystone, dense foam, PU, and metal, this set is the perfect desktop or wall-mount display. A detailed display base is included to support the sarcophagus in a standing position for desktop display, while the backside of the sarcophagus is ready to be mounted to your wall. The sarcophagus lid is secured using strong magnets, safe for display on the sarcophagus while the set is hanging on your wall. The Mummy himself is also held into the sarcophagus by cleverly hidden magnets, to keep the monster imprisoned in the coffin (and safe for wall-mount display).

I ordered it right away and I know I'll love it even more when I finally see it in person. With all this said I think the model FrankenFan tricked us with earlier looks better.

wookilar8 said:
I ordered it right away and I know I'll love it even more when I finally see it in person. With all this said I think the model FrankenFan tricked us with earlier looks better.

Yes, but remember, that was a life-size wax replica!!!! :monkey5

Well this looks very cool :D but, whats up with the face sculpt, it seems a bit off to me. Is it possible that its just a pic of the prototype? Or could it just be the photo. Sometimes im very surprised how the figures always look better in person. Not to complain but just putting in my two cents worth.

Universalrocks said:
Well this looks very cool :D but, whats up with the face sculpt, it seems a bit off to me. Is it possible that its just a pic of the prototype? Or could it just be the photo. Sometimes im very surprised how the figures always look better in person. Not to complain but just putting in my two cents worth.

See my first post above... :confused:

This quick release has caught me by surprise, when I thought I was prepared. As usual it's the shipping, and this is a weighty piece. It will add around $200 to the price. I now have to contact the distributor for availability and a price, and they are slack, so I don't expect an answer this month.

I didn't expect it to be that much, but I can see why it is. That sarcophagus is great. I don't know if I'd like to mount it on a wall, more secure it to the wall of the shelf it is sitting on. I can't wait to see pics of the back. Any shots at an edition size. 700 about right?

I think this will set a precedent for a price point on the Creature of the Black Lagoon. My 1/6 drought continues. I can't afford to order it yet, and I wont know for a month. Probably after the Con, so any word from the Con is going to prick my ears. As if I'm not going to get it if it looks good. It looks great. I know what you mean by that dusty chaulkey finish it appears to have, but I think Dusty's word is good enough for me. Crikey this is The Mummy, they're not making any more.

:mummy

Back