Premium Format Mummy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know the edition size because I don't live in the states. People seem to think everyone lives in the states. I find it a totally selfish act, the inconsideration of state siders. If it is a more limited item it makes it even more imperative to get information. Like, hey, only three Ardeth Bey busts destined for Australia. Get the idea. Sheesh.

I am not likely to order from Sideshow, given the expense of shipping, and an oversized item at that, if the distributor can get it wholesale, and bundled in with hundreds of other items in his container, to lessen the impact, of what is an expensive hobby, the costs of which state siders seem to be ignorant. That cost is shipping. I buy 1/6th figures locally, and miss out on exclusives, because I can buy two regulars for the price of one, regular or exclusive, direct.

Yes, I'm in a mood. Something my mum said comes to mind. Think before you stink. Well, I'm a stinker, and an Aussie. I open my mouth. I don't know why most Europeans are so nice. Okay, calming down. Hit me with both barrels.

Thanks for the well wishes Agent0028. I am stressing bad here. Levels going up again. Okay who wants a bit. Come on. :mummy

I apologise for generalisations made in this post. :D

Last edited:
Creech, my posts were directed at people who only order if the edition size is low enough to warrant purchase as an INVESTMENT; if you use the numbers as a guage to determine whether to pre-order from SS or wait to get it locally, I can understand that. Still, you can always pre-order the item, and since Sideshow nowadays always announces an Edition Size for these Premium items well in advance of shipment, and you can make a decision whether or not to cancel once the announcement is made. That way, you're covered if the edition size is set really low, and pre-orders sell out before you can respond.

I'm sorry Warlock. I shouldn't let stress dictate my mood. Sometimes I look for trouble. A character flaw perhaps. I wasn't directing it at you or Evilface specifically.

Your advice is great for most members, and those who are unaware. I don't have to concern myself with using that tactic, for stated reasons. I know Sideshow have set it up that way, to help, in the manner you have mentioned, so that collectors don't miss out. I think Anton's reasons are more concerned with how he might need to prioritise his habit and his spending.

Little bits of information can mean different things to different people. I don't like TBA (to be announced) edition sizes. There are still 1/6 figs that have been out for years and still haven't had their edition size released. What is the problem with telling us up front? Is it so an items popularity can be judged from initial orders, and an edition run set accordingly, to maximise profits? As you can see lack of little bits of information can lead to assumptions as well as truths.

I hope I didn't spoil your day in any way. That wasn't my intention. I was just letting of some steam.

I think we will see the numbers after SDCC! They probably want people to see it before setting a final size... just a guess.

Hey Creech, don't worry, no offense taken. I agree with you regarding ES for those long sold-out 1/6 figures; I don't see the harm in letting that info out, unless they were open-ended editions and they don't have a good grasp on how many were made. That seems unlikely, but possible, I suppose.

I would guess the edition size for the Mummy will be somewhere between 750 to 900.The higher price tag should keep it out of the 1,000 range,but the sarcophagus is so freakin cool I think most collectors have to get one for themselves.

So, if ImHoTep is due by Christmas, and there are no plans for a 1/4 scale Creature right now...could this line actually be completing itself with only 7 figures? Kind of seems like an odd number. One more at least, please. If it cannot be the Creature...howabout a Bride?

Anyway, after looking at the Mummy con pics...I like it alot. But the only thing I saw that I didnt like was if its displayed with the lid off, there is a huge crater/foxhole around the mummy's beddy-bye. That looks a little odd to me.

More and more I think I'm displaying it with the lid on, if it weren't for how awesome that is I would probably pass in favor of a couple other things I'd like.

I was surprised how much like Boris, the rendition on the sarcophagus looks like. The Con pics really showed that aspect.

Still no good news, for me, from the distributor. It's driving me to insanity. I can handle the waiting, but not the not knowing.

I'm actually waiting for the edition size to see where to order. Need to save some money, and I don't want to pass on this piece.

Welp Grad school has claimed its first victim (sorta), had to cancel the Mummy to free up enough to get the Yoda bust (had to cancel the Dagobah Luke too). I'm not too concerned though since I'm fairly confident there will be an SSE version of this. The sarcohagus lid won't look nearly as nice, but I don't think the mummy or the rest of the sarcophagus will lose much in the translation. Still wasn't easy though...

That's it. I have pulled the pin. It's driving me mad. I have ordered it, in lieu of silence from my distributor. With some luck, I will get some good news and be able to cancel it. I just can't take the chance and rely on these people.

Thank you Sideshow for allowing me this option.

creecher said:
That's it. I have pulled the pin. It's driving me mad. I have ordered it, in lieu of silence from my distributor. With some luck, I will get some good news and be able to cancel it. I just can't take the chance and rely on these people.

Yeah, with that edition size, I wouldn't take the chance. I can't believe with the es that it has a 2 piece limit.

creecher said:

Probably a smart move creech! Like you said, you can always cancel if your distributor comes through! Just so you know, I was more impressed in person (as usual) than I was with the initial pictures. This one rocks and will be one of the centerpieces of the PF monster line! The sarcophagus is fabulous!!!! :chew

I'm glad you held that back Lonnie. I would have touched cloth. :lol

It is certainly an overwhelming piece. The Drac will still hold pride of place. He represents more than just a fabulous PF to me. It will forever remain a link to Andy, Bela, Sideshow, this board and it's members, The Godfather Bob, memories of my youth, images of bankruptcy :lol .

The Mummy may prove those images to be insightful. :rotfl

As you can see, I am very happy knowing I will have The Mummy.

:mummy :mummy :mummy

:blissy

Congrats Creech, now we'll just hold out hope that you can get it from your dealer, er, distributor, um let's just say cheaper shall we?

Wowzers...thats a spicy meatball. With only 350 that makes him the most limited PF Monster release. Even Nosferatu had a run of 700 and Wolfman a run of 600. I am very glad I ordered mine up front. Now I wonder how limited the Dracula 1:1 is going to be?

Back