Premium Format Mummy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the wait between the color versions and the SSE editions. :monkey2

wonder what part of this is mixed media?
The tease looked to be all sculpt.

That looks cool~! Really, sky is the limit for Sideshow!! :rock
Bring on the Vintage monsters!
Does this mean, we'll see 1/4 Creature from the Black lagoon statue soon !?!?!? :monkey5

It looks like the head and hands are sculpted but the wraps are cloth. This will be very cool!

OMG, that thing rocks! Wonder if it's still 1/4 scale, because if it is, that means with the added height from the sarcophagus (yes, Agent0028, you spelled it correctly!), it will be quite a large piece. Anyone got any inside info about that?

Frankenfan, thanks for the luuuuuuuurvely full frontal photos! :lol

FrankenFan said:
Pssst... Here's a sneak-peek! Don't tell anyone at Sideshow!

Mum's the word!

Oh, Frankenfan, how I love your fake banners... But one day, they are really gonna get you in trouble :p

(This is not our PF, just so everyone knows. Not sure what it is, but ours is way cooler. :monkey3 )

And just so there's no cofusion - FrankenFan is being a bad boy with that pic. But obviously that's the pose.

Edit: oops - Dusty beat me to it...

SideshowDusty said:
(This is not our PF, just so everyone knows. Not sure what it is, but ours is way cooler. :monkey3 )
Heh. It's actually the life-size Madame Tussaud's paraffin portrait. Who'd-a-thunk anyone would take me seriously? My apologies to all I may have unintentionally mislead! :monkey3

Darklord Dave said:
It looks like the head and hands are sculpted but the wraps are cloth.
Hmmm. I may be wrong but, I agree with Occulum. Looking at the preview image, the wrappings do not appear to be actual cloth. I always assumed that would be the mixed media element of a PF Mummy, but thinking about it now, I suppose it would be near-impossible to consistently replicate the rotted look of the wrappings in a practical manner in mass-production. Maybe the pillow is the mixed media element? :)

lcummins said:
This will be a very different looking PF figure, that's for sure!
This is a definite departure in style from the other UM PFs — assuming, of couse, that it in some way, shape, or form it resembles the pics of the Tussaud's figure, and I have no knowledge from any credible source that it does in any way. I didn't know what to think of the sarcophagus, at first; I guess I was expecting a pose similar to the 1:6 polystone Mummy, something more complementary to the other UM PFs. But this treatment is true to Karloff's Im-Ho-Tep as he appeared in the film — we never actually see him outside of his stone coffin, except for his hand and a couple of strips of unravelling wrappings trailing behind him. The lumbering, stalking Mummy was later introduced in the sequels with Tim Tyler and Lon, Jr.

I've said before that I would like to see the PF UMs revisited and reimagined in the style of some of the Marvel PFs, i.e., Dr. Doom, and this is certainly a step in that direction. Can't wait to see the real deal!

lcummins said:
Also, I wonder if the lid will be included??
The lid would be insanely great and no doubt prohibitively expensive. Maybe he'll come with the cursed casket and the scroll of Toth — just don't read aloud from it in his presence!

Anyway, time to retire another banner!

mmmy.jpg

SideshowDusty said:
Oh, Frankenfan, how I love your fake banners... But one day, they are really gonna get you in trouble :p

Please for the love of any defunct Egyptian diety, tell us when he will be available for preorder! I nearly missed the Wolfman, if I miss the Mummy....it will not be pretty!!!!!!!!:computer :computer :cut

Anton Phibes said:
Please for the love of any defunct Egyptian diety, tell us when he will be available for preorder! I nearly missed the Wolfman, if I miss the Mummy....it will not be pretty!!!!!!!!:computer :computer :cut

I'm sure preorders will be in next weeks NL.

FrankenFan, how could you not know people would take you seriously :rotfl

oxbeard said:
FrankenFan, how could you not know people would take you seriously :rotfl
Oh, I dunno, Ox.

Maybe because I posted it on a public forum under my own name using a tiny font size to covey I was "whispering" and asked that no one at Sideshow be told about it.

Yup. That was why.

gls.jpg

(Btw, if anyone reading this would like to see a pic of the Silver Screen Edition...)

FrankenFan said:
Oh, I dunno, Ox.

Maybe because I posted it on a public forum under my own name using a tiny font size to covey I was "whispering" and asked that no one at Sideshow be told about it.

Yup. That was why.

gls.jpg

(Btw, if anyone reading this would like to see a pic of the Silver Screen Edition...)

OOO! OOO! Mr. Kotter!! I would!!!!! :rotfl

Hell Yeah. It took me ages to save and get the others, after a slow start, and now I am ready for The Mummy. I have been biting my lip on the RoboCop and other assorted 1/6 droolies to ensure I wasn't going to be taken by surprise, and after this I wont be buying too much, till I have enough for a Creature. You have to have your priorities right. Right?

More news, more pics, more Con. Bring it on. :monkey5

Back