Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone tried using mod-podge on the dreads on Classic? They look very dry on mine, don't see any cracks though.

Anyone tried using mod-podge on the dreads on Classic? They look very dry on mine, don't see any cracks though.

I've done this with every HT predator I have. It protects the rubber and paint and gives it a fresh look. Takes patience to apply it to every dread though. :)

14011647199_6124d810a9_b.jpg

Would you mind to put a link to that technique? I love the results! Much more realistic that the provided matt finish

Would you mind to put a link to that technique? I love the results! Much more realistic that the provided matt finish

Now that you mentioned it, I recorded a video when I applied it on my P2 elder. I'll post it here when it's done. You'll be able to see a before and after. :)

Ok, here is a picture mid-work and after pictures. I think it looks a hell of a lot better than before. :clap

20181105_194130.jpg

Photo from Nicolas Palacios.jpg

20181105_194043.jpg

20181105_194118.jpg

20181105_194531.jpg

Now that you mentioned it, I recorded a video when I applied it on my P2 elder. I'll post it here when it's done. You'll be able to see a before and after. :)

Im especially interested in seeing how those turned out since they are blue!

hmmm. thanks for sharing photos and videos, Kovach and toyrewind.
i have a bottle of that thing but don't know if i'll have enough patience for that. also wish it looked a bit less glossy.
it definitely looks better than stock option though.

Thank you both for the pictures and amazing video! I'm off to buy some, the results on the new matt dreads (Elder, AVP) are amazing!

hmmm. thanks for sharing photos and videos, Kovach and toyrewind.
i have a bottle of that thing but don't know if i'll have enough patience for that. also wish it looked a bit less glossy.
it definitely looks better than stock option though.

I haven't used that stuff before, but I know with simple craft paint gloss you can thin it with water for a less glossy look. I do it all the time when I'm painting a head and want to give the face or hair just a very slight sheen.

I really like the look of the dreads with that gloss applied. I may consider that, but it just looks like it’d take a great deal of patience to do each individual dread.

I checked with Danoscustoms a few weeks ago and he said he'd probably do another run soon. But Yoshi got a cleaner version and he's only selling these much more weathered ones now:

received_269311630254803.jpeg

While the detail on that mask is utterly remarkable, I personally think it’s a little too weathered for how it was in the film. The one that Yoshi has at the top of the page, with perhaps slightly a bit more weathering, would be perfect for me.

I'm thinking it might be cheaper and easier for me to just modify the HT mask. After comparing it with the movie it appears the biggest issue is just that the face is a bit too long and narrow. Which is something a dremel and some Magic Sculpt should be able to fix.

How close to the jungle hunter, does this predator compare? I'm tired of waiting for a 2.0 jungle predator and was thinking about just getting this and buying a bone kit from germanbeast. Since I'm no predator expert, I was wondering if this predator is practically the same as jungle, minus the accessories.

How close to the jungle hunter, does this predator compare? I'm tired of waiting for a 2.0 jungle predator and was thinking about just getting this and buying a bone kit from germanbeast. Since I'm no predator expert, I was wondering if this predator is practically the same as jungle, minus the accessories.

That’s pretty much it.

Back