Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday and overall I'm pretty happy with it. The articulation is a lot more restricted than I was expecting, with only the most basic joints at the shoulder and hips, which really limits the kinds of poses you can do. But the detail on the unmasked head looks incredible, and the figure still manages to look pretty badass on the shelf and have a ton of presence.

I'll definitely need to order those upgrade parts for him, and the armor will need some work as it's way too clean and missing all the weathering and color variation you see in the movie. And I suppose I might replace the mask as well, although I gotta say I'm having a hard time seeing what's really off about it. Is it just not wide or rounded enough? I can see how the custom masks look a bit better, but I'm not really sure why that is exactly. I guess because I just haven't been studying it as long as something like Vader's mask. :D

20181013_0944161.jpg

20181013_094409.jpg

20181013_094155.jpg

20181013_094212 - Copy.jpg

Congrats, very nice pics.

As mentioned, you should try and hunt down a jungle diorama base that came with the original JH figure if you can. This figure really pops on it. And I agree about the bio-mask. It looks pretty good to me as is.

Lol, the sad thing is I actually owned that base when they included it with the Deluxe Chirrut figure... right before I then sold it on ebay because I didn't like it for that figure and couldn't think of another use for it at the time. :slap

That’s a bummer. Despite HT being sometimes teased for recycling it, I personally think that dio base is probably one of the most (if not the most) versatile dio bases HT has. There’s a myriad of current figures it works well with and teased figures it would work well with.

The dio base that comes with this figure I actually like better for Berserker Predator, since it was the Super Predators’ encampment.

For those of you that own the figure I've got to ask. Have the leather straps held up okay on it? Wondering because I've heard that many people have had problems with them rotting over time.

Are there leather straps on this? They feel more plastic to me. If there's anything I would be concerned about deteriorating over time, it's those really soft rubber dreadlocks. But the ones on my figure seem fine so I guess they're not as fragile as they look.

I don’t believe there is any leather on this. The belt and the chest armor strap are a soft plastic it seems.

The dreads are something that should be watched, as people have reported them cracking over time. Fortunately, all of the dread on all of my Pred figures are all holding up. Hopefully it stays that way. The only thing I do is make sure each individual dread hangs as naturally as possible in the direction that it wants to go, and isn’t bent in any extreme way that goes against the natural way it wants to fall. When you turn the sculpt for instance, sometimes some of them get pushed up against the side of the medicomp pack on the back and bend at an angle that they don’t want to go.

The dreads on this figure is still good, for mine at least. The only one I got problem with is that CRAPPY City Hunter Predator 2.0. Its dreads just disintegrated after I touched them.
To beat up the dead horse even more, the dreads on my old BD City Hunter 1.0 is still perfectly fine lol.

I have (oldest to newest): Machiko, Berserker, Classic, CH 2.0, Scar 2.0, and P2 Elder. All are fine on mine at the moment. I have MMS90 JH as well, but I have him boxed up. However, it’s worth mentioning his dreads are fine as well.

The one I worry about the most actually is P2 Elder, since he has those hanging beads with the thread tied around his dreads and I fear the thread will eventually cut into the dread over time, as someone posted in the P2 Elder thread.

If P2 Elder is 1.0 then I think it'll be OK. I don't own Elder 2.0 but I think material is the same to CH 2.0? Maybe try not to keep it in closed & high temperature area will help.

PS: Now I noticed Tracker Pred's hound's leashes are gone too (I have 2 hounds in diorama display) T_T. Maybe those pleather straps on Super Preds too but just couldn't bring myself to check...

All the pleather straps on Berserker have been known to be pretty weak. Many people have replaced them with real leather. Though fortunately, mine hasn’t given me much trouble.

Had this years ago but had to sell to put towards rent money. Now I'm in a much better position but the price of this guy just keeps going up and up! :(

Yeah, Predator figures on the after market are pretty pricey. Some more than others. However, if you be patient, you’ll sometimes see one out there for a reasonable price. CH 2.0 I recently got brand new for $260, and Scar 2.0 I recently got used (looks brand new though) for $240.

Both are generally over $300, even used.

The original is amazing. Just a simple plot...perfect environment...
I don’t know why they just don’t go full Force Awakens and just do a do over of the classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine a Predator movie in a forest instead of a jungle, somewhere like the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. or western Canada, like British Columbia. Thick undergrowth, deciduous trees, dense foggy mornings.

Back