Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4VT3l.jpg
...the Hyacinth Predator

ee40fe0d-f268-4fa7-841a-c46df9bee0aa

My Classic arrived yesterday and everything looked great, but the head was detached. It looked like it should just be a matter of popping the pegs back into the neck.

I put a scary amount of pressure on the top of his head and mashed down and I THOUGHT it was in place, but it rolled right out upon the first "pose"... A bit more force (I'm 6'2", 250 lbs, lol, assembling a predator. What a picture that would be!) and now I THINK it's in place, but still kinda being safe with the poses, just in case...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, @Bakurenoh -- I see what you meant about his poses. They do feel a bit constrained, not by the joints themselves, but moreso by the armor and especially the netting that he wears... as if you'll tear something if you are too extreme with the movement.

I haven't located the batteries that are mentioned in the instructions (are they already installed (?) but probably won't get some focused one-on-one time with the little guy till the weekend.

All in all, very pleased with the entire look of this one.

Last edited:
Family pictures, so far... (cellphone) -- will post a few more later once I have time to pop open my REAL camera. 3 Hot Toys, 1 big Neca, 1 li'l Neca.

You can tell that they weren't real happy about huddling so tightly together, but I coaxed them with a bit of hamburger meat and caviar.

Last edited:
My Classic arrived yesterday and everything looked great, but the head was detached. It looked like it should just be a matter of popping the pegs back into the neck.

I put a scary amount of pressure on the top of his head and mashed down and I THOUGHT it was in place, but it rolled right out upon the first "pose"... A bit more force (I'm 6'2", 250 lbs, lol, assembling a predator. What a picture that would be!) and now I THINK it's in place, but still kinda being safe with the poses, just in case...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Only one suggestion from someone who's been there: Exchange it.

I had the same problem with mine. The head simply would not stay on. After posting the problem here I had someone tell me it's common with these Preds, and someone else say theirs was fine.

My replacement has no issues. Just a small amount of pressure and it's locked in place. I can pick this one up by the head without it popping off. I know returning things is a pain in the neck, but for something this expensive it should be damn near perfect out of the box.

Does anyone kno if the arm pad is supposed to light up when you have it in regular mode? (without the blue parts) Soz this has already been discussed but its a big thread to look through.

Only one suggestion from someone who's been there: Exchange it.

Well, so far mine seems to be ok now. Just in case, how did you go about getting a replacement? Contact Sideshow -- or whoever you bought it from? In my case, I got it from a hobby store on Ebay.

It was shipped in the Hot Toys brown box and looked great. The inner Hot Toys box is perfect, and was obviously never opened -- so I'm not faulting the seller.

My thoughts are that a lazy factory worker or an employee that couldn't get it to go on was instructed to keep his mouth shut and just packaged it as it was -- un-assembled fully -- without saying anything. I can't see it just falling off in the box.

For now, it SEEMS ok, but again, just in case...

Last edited:
Back