Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
316206_244232852305379_138228759572456_741946_248526028_n.jpg

1112120031fdfc252e59e9c464.jpg

Thank you for the comparsion Spanbauer! I'm really pleased with the new head paint now. AWESOME!!:wacky:yess::rock
The best Predator head paint from hot toys to date!

Damn, the first one looks like a KO compared to the 2nd :horror .

Any word on when this is going to be out? The wait is killing me :impatient:.

I can't wait honestly :D.

It's true. In fact when pics of the Tawain release first hit the web, my first thought was, "this must be a Vietnamese knockoff".

Even the gaps in the mandibles are much more noticeable on "the KO"... I have to say that those who got the first one will be rightfully disappointed and angry if they get no replacement. I know I would... :lecture

I'm puzzled as to why there is such a difference between the two releases. Either the first batch was made awhile back and the new batch is on track for release any time now or the newer batch is still in the mid production stage.

I might look to sell my 1st release head somewhere down the line to buy a new one with the better skin paint. However i am fond of the first release's eyes. Im not sure why. The bio's are keeper's though

I might look to sell my 1st release head somewhere down the line to buy a new one with the better skin paint. However i am fond of the first release's eyes. Im not sure why. The bio's are keeper's though

you could repaint the first 1 perfectly just the way you like it :wink1:

I'm puzzled as to why there is such a difference between the two releases. Either the first batch was made awhile back and the new batch is on track for release any time now or the newer batch is still in the mid production stage.
Methinks they rushed the first batch, unsupervised, for the show.

you could repaint the first 1 perfectly just the way you like it :wink1:
I did toy with the idea of getting a 2nd head and putting real quills on it. I would use my first batch release head as the bio head and i would use the updated one to stick mini quills to. Of course if i did that id probably put some quills on the shoulder/chest and maybe a few on the side (depends how many i would have left).

I WAS going to buy a 2nd Classic for Christmas but within the last 2 minutes i've just won and paid for another self-Christmas Present ( HT Shadow Predator ). That coupled with the Sideshow 1:1 Classic Bio i am waiting for and my newly bought HT Classic means ill have to make do for now :(

Last edited:
For those who order with toys2, I talked to Eric and he said he will be getting his shipment late January/early Feb :)

Meanwhile, remembering the P1, which I've just taken from the Detolf and posed it in my desk, both to appreciate it and to ease the pain until Classic gets here as well :D. I think this pose looks very good so I took a pic of him waiting for Classic (to make a trophy of him :D). I know a lot of people dislike P1 and many photos don't show how good it is. Hopefully this one does :) .

attachment.php

Me gusta...

attachment.php

The P1's a great figure, but like others have said, the pose really matters. Also, going unmasked is ideal; makes his noggin look more proportionate to the rest of his body. Some old pics of mine, before I sold him:

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

Couldn't resist trying on the Guardian helmet in that last shot. :)
In all honesty, P1 and Guardian really are the best Predators you can buy on the old bodies. If you're a fan of that kind of articulation and the more kit-like build, they're excellent choices (and the P1's price has lowered considerably since Classic was announced).

The P1's a great figure, but like others have said, the pose really matters. Also, going unmasked is ideal; makes his noggin look more proportionate to the rest of his body. Some old pics of mine, before I sold him:

Couldn't resist trying on the Guardian helmet in that last shot. :)
In all honesty, P1 and Guardian really are the best Predators you can buy on the old bodies. If you're a fan of that kind of articulation and the more kit-like build, they're excellent choices (and the P1's price has lowered considerably since Classic was announced).

Great pics! :) If it wasn't for Classic I wouldn't have P1, I'm one who took the opportunity on the price drops :D . I really love the articulation on the old body. Still for articulation only I think the Revoltech one wins, but just on that :D , but although small it is too top heavy to properly stand.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4o25Ni3r-Q&list=FLzEFBTrpmmX4-MfiVBygSsQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4o25Ni3r-Q&list=FLzEFBTrpmmX4-MfiVBygSsQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/ame]
hot toys predators:death camp

BTW, did anyone get cosmic rust on their Super Predators blades? I mean, not "really rust", but some oxidation, like on the Transformers Masterpiece MP-05 Megatron feet and metal parts? I started to see some marks like those on mine... nothing serious though, easily removable with WD40.

I have some on my Berserker's, but my Falconer's just fine.

Back