Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks better in person I'd say, I like it. I'd say it's been over a week now since it started shipping, wouldn't hurt to ask..

Well I did the live chat and was pretty much told to reply again to the original confirmation email from last year.
Hopefully that gets me somewhere...

My wait list converted but wouldn't allow payment plans? That's weird anybody know how to flex pay this thing

I got this the other day and have to say that it looks fantastic! The only thing I'd like to do is add some kind of gloss to his eye area. It might be just a matter of getting a piece of acetate and putting it over. Anyone else have other ideas?

My waitlist converted as well. Excited to get this! I guess I'll have to rotate him out with the other one. Don't really have the space to display both.

I got this the other day and have to say that it looks fantastic! The only thing I'd like to do is add some kind of gloss to his eye area. It might be just a matter of getting a piece of acetate and putting it over. Anyone else have other ideas?

This is the first job for me before I worry about paint touch ups etc, even as a fan, Sideshows consistent lack of any kind of effort with lenses really irks me. I was intending to cut some lenses to shape with a mesh weave behind, but as the eye socket is so shallow I'm not sure that will work as it does with the 1:1 bios (seriously, why are we still having to do this??) Anyway, I'll think of something, maybe just adding a sheet of very thin transparent plastic sheet will work, it would add some reflection at least. Might be worth a try. I don't think a gloss coat would help much, but it might be a start. I wonder what material HCG used on their 1:1?

*sigh* Unfortunately SS is not letting me return it for a full refund. Saying it's not as good as the original because hand painted pieces are all unique HA! What a load of BS. I sent back a none-too-polite reply as I think this is BS. Fortunately if they refuse one of the reasons for chargebacks is to protect consumers from poor quality products as well. Mastercard may be **** about their chargebacks but nobody that's not functionally blind would say they are of the same quality, and while the chargeback fee is nothing to them at least it's a little comfort to me that they'll pay even more :|

And while I was already abandoning ship with SS I'm also going to go ahead and cancel all my existing POs while I'm at it, don't want to dell with their crap and no point if I can't return it due to their garbage tier production pieces.

*sigh* Unfortunately SS is not letting me return it for a full refund. Saying it's not as good as the original because hand painted pieces are all unique HA! What a load of BS. I sent back a none-too-polite reply as I think this is BS. Fortunately if they refuse one of the reasons for chargebacks is to protect consumers from poor quality products as well. Mastercard may be **** about their chargebacks but nobody that's not functionally blind would say they are of the same quality, and while the chargeback fee is nothing to them at least it's a little comfort to me that they'll pay even more :|

And while I was already abandoning ship with SS I'm also going to go ahead and cancel all my existing POs while I'm at it, don't want to dell with their crap and no point if I can't return it due to their garbage tier production pieces.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope things work out.

If this is the latest in their string of bad "Customer Service" options/responses, this is yet ANOTHER reason for not ordering the 1/4 scale P2 maquette.

What was wrong with yours? (I must have missed the post).

Nothing particular about mine over anyone else and I'm not ****** enough to intentionally break something and request a refund. But in general I am not happy with the complete lack of weathering and shading and I absolutely can't stand the little damage mark. It is just as visible in person to me :| Other people here seem to like it but it stands out as crap quality with the rest of my stuff, and I certainly don't want to pay price this costs for something low quality. A lot of people here seem happy with it, which is a bit shocking to me. But too each their own, I also find it quite funny that when they were showing it before and they showed it with the other lsbs they used the protos for the unmasked p1 and p2 and not the production :| :p

I like mine and I'm a picky *****r tbh. I knew this wasn't going to be a perfect looking predator from the pictures of the prototype, it was clear as day that the sculpt left a bit to be desired. And the paint is about as good as I ever realistically expected, not great at all but actually not too terrible. I don't like the blast mark at all, it just doesn't totally ruin it for me. Over all I'm satisfied based on my expectations, sounds like you might be wise to pull out all together, I did for a while way back and it helped, I think we all need a break every now and then.

The EX is sold out, could you not put this on ebay for the full rrp and save losing money returning it?

Maybe, I'm afraid of ebay sales sometimes :( What really makes me mad is that SS do their amazing paintjobs knowing full well that it can't be reproduced. I was under the impression it wasn't going to be as good but not completely devoid of weathering. And the blast mark is just horrible. When I buy from PCS I actually get what I POed. My new Balrog statue? Looks just like what I ordered. Sometimes there are some small things that are different but you can't put the two of these side by side and really see any resemblance beyond the sculpt imo :| Also even if I was confident that I could sell on ebay and somebody won't try and bait and switch or something it still sends the entirely wrong message to Sideshow. They should really not be doing stuff like this to their customers :|

I did offer selling it to one person here who said he was sorry he missed out on the EX, but I advised he just go for the regular anyways if he wanted it as the EX isn't worth it, and he turned out to be in the UK anyways so definitely not worth it. Haven't really offered to anyone else or posted. As you say definetely will cancel... Maybe I'll come back like you did, I think I'll be fine with not preordering anything, their ES is high enough I'd be guaranteed a regular of anything they do at least. Also I've tried calling them like 3 times today to cancel and no one answers the phone (my last 2 orders were flex payed, unlike this) :|

edit: Lawl just called again and it says it's outside of business hours? still 2 hours till 5:30 pacific ><

What really makes me mad is that SS do their amazing paintjobs knowing full well that it can't be reproduced. I was under the impression it wasn't going to be as good but not completely devoid of weathering. |

Why order it knowing it can be reproduced? We all know that the release will not match the proto. That is well documented. As for selling it, screw Ebay and their 10%. Sell it on the statue selling groups on FB or site forums, like this one. All you lose is PayPal's 3.9%. Try Statue Collectors BST on Facebook.

Why order it knowing it can be reproduced? We all know that the release will not match the proto. That is well documented. As for selling it, screw Ebay and their 10%. Sell it on the statue selling groups on FB or site forums, like this one. All you lose is PayPal's 3.9%. Try Statue Collectors BST on Facebook.

I'll admit it was a moment of weakness, however even though I knew it wasn't going to be as good I didn't except it to be this poor. And thanks for the advice, if I do I would also sell on the forum. Whenever I sell on ebay I also post on the forums, and increase the ebay price accordingly ;p

Fett and Grey Hulk cancelled, I forgot about the live help, that was very prompt service. Much better then trying to reach them on the phone.

Got mine yesterday, and must admit I love it!
The detail is nice, and when in my besta, the weathering does not bother me one bit.
It has good presence, and in the future, good luck getting another mask predator bust, with a canon to boot...
I'm keeping mine.

Finally got a response about my win. It definitely fell through the cracks on their end, so I'm glad I contacted them. They are charging my card for the shipping and then it should be on it's way in "4-6 weeks" according to the last email. Hopefully its a little speedier than that. I'm super excited to see this thing in person.

I just hope there is still an exclusive left since they forgot about me, and that is the version the contest was for. That thing has been waitlisted for a while now.

Finally got a response about my win. It definitely fell through the cracks on their end, so I'm glad I contacted them. They are charging my card for the shipping and then it should be on it's way in "4-6 weeks" according to the last email. Hopefully its a little speedier than that. I'm super excited to see this thing in person.

I just hope there is still an exclusive left since they forgot about me, and that is the version the contest was for. That thing has been waitlisted for a while now.

I think they put a couple aside just for competitions etc, I imagine they will send you the exclusive. No idea why it would take that long however, maybe that is just to cover all bases, I'm sure it will be quicker. Congrats on the win, it's certainly going to make for a very decent freebie...

I think they put a couple aside just for competitions etc, I imagine they will send you the exclusive. No idea why it would take that long however, maybe that is just to cover all bases, I'm sure it will be quicker. Congrats on the win, it's certainly going to make for a very decent freebie...

Excellent. And thanks!:hi5: The Predator/Alien franchises are definitely my favorite so it was a pretty exciting win. Now I just hope they get around to making a dog alien LSB.

Back