Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfft didn't even respond to my email and gave me an RMA where I wouldn't get a full refund. Called right when they opened and even though I selected returns the person told me she wasn't with the returns department when I explained my story. Then put me on hold for a little and tried to get Brandon (the person who did the first and only response) and then said he was busy and that they would try to get him on the phone. Trying to be courteous I said no worries he can call me back later and they said he would. Waited all day and didn't get a phone call, pro cs :| Guess I shoulda been a ****.

Personally, I've never heard of SS giving full refunds with shipping included on an item that wasn't damaged or defective before. Even if one thinks the paint is crap, if there isn't a specified issue, I think they will require you to pay return shipping

Personally, I've never heard of SS giving full refunds with shipping included on an item that wasn't damaged or defective before. Even if one thinks the paint is crap, if there isn't a specified issue, I think they will require you to pay return shipping

I returned a T-800 bust, because the teeth were horrible. They sent me a pre-paid return shipping label and refunded my money. It was probably a year ago, or more.

As a matter of fact they have, and they should. A recent example would be the alien LSBs, and they are defective in that they did a **** job ;p The entire purpose of these statues are to be aesthetically pleasing. Now say for example you bought a computer and it was only half as good as listed. Now that might be their intention, same as SS. Nobody puts in ****tier parts on the entire run on accident, however it would still be considered defective to everyone else ;p

I dont get it, how can they deny you the ability to return it for a full refund?

Damage: They pay return shipping or ask for you to destroy item.
Don't like it: You pay return shipping.

When you order from the proto and receive something different I think you shouldn't have to pay for it to be returned.
Now they update the production page with pictures of what you'll actually receive but if you cancel then you lose the NRD.

It's a lose lose situation really.

I think he's just saying they won't pay for returned shipping?

When you order from the proto and receive something different I think you shouldn't have to pay for it to be returned.
Now they update the production page with pictures of what you'll actually receive but if you cancel then you lose the NRD.

Not only do you pay return shipping but lose original shipping. So you're out basically 100 bucks. Whatever people have come to EXPECT from SS doesn't mean it's RIGHT. It's dead wrong and I'm sorry that you've grown to accept it :| I called again since I didn't receive a call today yet either so I called and complained about that, and the whole situation. I feel kinda bad for the guy on the phone since it's not really his fault as he wasn't the guy that was ignoring me. But seriously, I've done helpdesk, ignoring a problem you don't like and hoping it goes away IS NOT a hallmark of good customer service. They said they'd set me up for a full refund for one time, in which case I said thank you and don't worry as I've cancelled my other PO's (which I did after that first email, cause I'm done with this ****). I lost the NRD on those that I cancelled but v0v just want it done.

What collectorcol says is right, and look I understand there's a little bit of a hit in quality (there shouldn't be, but that's the reality of this industry). But it's bs when what they put up is no way indicative of what you're going to get. They're not even trying to make it a realistic paint job. And I can't live with that. It is by definition false advertising, not only is it illegal it is morally wrong :|

Last edited:

I absolutely agree that it's ******** that you lose the NRD if you order right away then the production piece is markedly different. I wish they wouldn't put stuff up for preorder until they had pics of the production piece--that way you know what you're really getting.

I absolutely agree that it's ******** that you lose the NRD if you order right away then the production piece is markedly different. I wish they wouldn't put stuff up for preorder until they had pics of the production piece--that way you know what you're really getting.

It would be great, but that's not likely gonna happen as they only get pieces after they are made and almost during the end of production. They take POs and set the ES based on this stuff. TBH if any company could do it it would be sideshow as they have enough revenue to have funds for stuff instead of living off of PO to PO. However they also would lose a lot of money cause their production pieces just won't sell as well.

One example of this being done is Sony and their new Kratos statue and their Journey statue. They put up the final for sale because it was already done, and ready to ship. However the downside to this is that you have to be confident they are gonna sell otherwise you lose a lot of money. To sony, even the games division it's not a lot of money if they don't sell all of them or need to put them on sale a little ><

My specific issue is that SS is the worst in terms of prototype to production quality. My statues from PCS, Chronicle and even ARH so far (Medusa and Conan Sacrifice from ARH) have actually been at advertised quality. I've never gotten an SS one that has, and the few that are like Lobo are indeed very few and far between.

I know it still doesn't make it right, but how many times have I and other members told ppl just to wait for production photos before ordering a SS statue? I guessing tons and tons of times. For anyone that has been collecting for even just a year with SS, they should know there is a risk if you don't wait. Even I take the risk every once in a blue moon.

I know it still doesn't make it right, but how many times have I and other members told ppl just to wait for production photos before ordering a SS statue? I guessing tons and tons of times. For anyone that has been collecting for even just a year with SS, they should know there is a risk if you don't wait. Even I take the risk every once in a blue moon.

Must have Exclusives force your hand sometimes.

Indeed exclusives are a pain. Also it's not right, and apparently you know it's not right. But your acceptance of this fact is what makes SS continue to do it! Why the hell would they stop if they still sell and no one complains? You're silence is telling them that it's ok.

I'm not silent with any inferior product I receive. I don't buy SS very often anymore, but I have never had 1 problem getting a refund for anything, but I have also never received something from them that I wanted to return that wasn't damaged.

. . . My specific issue is that SS is the worst in terms of prototype to production quality. My statues from PCS, Chronicle and even ARH so far (Medusa and Conan Sacrifice from ARH) have actually been at advertised quality. I've never gotten an SS one that has, and the few that are like Lobo are indeed very few and far between.

I salute you Sir.

. . . and THAT folks - is why I do not have a single preorder with Sideshow at this point - and hope to resist temptation from now on.

Yes - GREAT exclusives CAN force your hand.

I hate to say it - but if I DO cave in the future and stuff is delivered at sub-par quality - I'll make DAMN sure it goes back at no cost to me - PERIOD.

Must have Exclusives force your hand sometimes.

aiKE0u6.gif

Got mines last week just had a chance to open it 48/400. Heavy had a hard time getting the batteries in solo but pulled it off. No flaws on my end. Need the P2 savage bust and I'm good to go.

f59d3967348c50bf11c53b28de1c2f32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back