Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even think it has lenses man, I think they just painted it black. I don't understand how they could do an absolutely perfect job with paint and the lenses on the 1/4 maquette, but they can't recreate that on the full size and half scale masks

I know, the bio on that little maquette was almost perfect. Looks like the lenses were installed from within and are accurate. It stands to reason that was scaled down from scans of the full size one, I have often wondered why said scans haven't been reused again on stuff like this and the 1:1? Maybe it was a one time licensing deal or something.

Maybe, it's also possible SS never actually had access to the scans as Winston studios made the prototype which SS then produced exact copies of, this is why the ADI bios had no lenses as ADI sent SS examples without them. Still SS have a good relationship with a lot of studios, maybe if they asked Legacy for access to them they would be allowed to use them. This could of course add extra cost but I suspect people would happily pay more for near perfect representations.

All speculation anyway and this looks cool enough from what we can see so far, that maquette just raised expectations due to how good it was.

Maybe, it's also possible SS never actually had access to the scans as Winston studios made the prototype which SS then produced exact copies of, this is why the ADI bios had no lenses as ADI sent SS examples without them. Still SS have a good relationship with a lot of studios, maybe if they asked Legacy for access to them they would be allowed to use them. This could of course add extra cost but I suspect people would happily pay more for near perfect representations.

All speculation anyway and this looks cool enough from what we can see so far, that maquette just raised expectations due to how good it was.

Bah, I'm sick of people making excuses for Sideshow "almost accurate" collectibles.

There's only two possible reasons.

1) It's cheaper

2) It's cheaper.

Who seriously would design ANYTHING based on an original and not look at the original..... It's cash. Simple.

I'm happy for this news so I will be able to join him LSB first, even if preferico or WOLF or the SCAR ok, but definitely will come later!

Why would looking at original pictures/footage cost more?

Accurate...Inaccurate...Buy...Don't buy...

I will be more than happy to purchase this without making any excuses :wave

Seems like they want to always get some major detail wrong to leave the door open for a "better" version later on, I can't imagine they don't know it is wrong. Should not be hard to get some custom lenses made, but for the $449 they will probably be charging that is kind of annoying.

Really. If a bunch of people on the internet can see it, then the people researching and creating should certainly see it.

And if that is not the case, we are all ready to jump in if they need some pointers. It only makes THEM more money and us happier customers. Win-Win

Why would looking at original pictures/footage cost more?

Accurate...Inaccurate...Buy...Don't buy...

I will be more than happy to purchase this without making any excuses :wave

You mean in reference to the "cash" comment?

I was meaning that SS always take the easy cheaper option. I'd imagine it costs more to make things accurate which is why they don't do it.

This is cool but I don't like this scale personally.

Yeah, the original issue brought up was the dent in the Bio but the lenses probably would of cost a bit more to produce.

I understand people wanting screen accurate and wondering where the design ideas come from but ultimately these are the best looking Predator pieces available.
I hope you're wrong with the $450.

Edit: Sorry that was Stingrays price guess.

if the Bio on this is removable, I may get this and have it customized. I hope we see the Elder at SDCC, that's one I want to be perfect cause there are no good Elder pieces available outside of customs.

if the Bio on this is removable, I may get this and have it customized. I hope we see the Elder at SDCC, that's one I want to be perfect cause there are no good Elder pieces available outside of customs.

Doubt it. You mean removable as in a face underneath or just removable in general?

They may end up putting the battery compartment in the same spot as the maquette bio, so we will see

I understand people wanting screen accurate and wondering where the design ideas come from but ultimately these are the best looking Predator pieces available.

I agree Col, SS are a brilliant company that put out some really Awseome stuff, that is ultimately why we all hang around here. But that is no reason not to push for even more, I'm sure they themselves strive to be the best and like to learn from one piece to the next (The AVP bios should have been a hard lesson learned). A proper set of lenses for example completely transforms any predator piece and it really wouldn't be big job for them to do it, much easier than for us to have to mod them after the fact. Other companies do it, SS are the biggest and arguably the best, that will change if they keep neglecting such minor but game changing details. They did it properly on the 1:4 maquette, the 1:1 bio and this 1:2 LSB should be no brainers for the same treatment imo.

Back