Predator Cinemaquette, possible problem ! ! !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my concerns from another forum. A guy who talked to CM said this:

Just to clarify: Only customers who order through Cinemaquette direct receive the white glove treatment. It is impossible for them to individually inspect the units/shipments going out to secondary retailers.

-----------------------------------------

So I said this:

This bothers me a bit. Does this mean that I made a mistake putting down a deposit with a retailer a long time ago, and that I could potentially get a damaged or defective product after all this wait?

What exactly does "white glove treatment" mean, and is it in any way indicative of a lack of QC or attention to ones that go to retailers?

-------------------------------------------------------

I still do have very serious concerns about what this "white glove treatment only for direct orders" thing means. It sounds to me like they are saying I have a greater risk of getting a statue that has been overlooked and could potentially be flawed or defective.

For this much money, they should all be thoroughly examined before leaving the company for sale. It's not like these are any cheaper in retail.

I initially ordered from retail because I wanted to get one from a later batch, which I heard is usually a good thing to do with CM. Does anyone think I should lose my preorder deposit and go direct with CM? Or will this "white glove" nonsense mean anything important?

-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

What do you guys think about this?

Something as expensive and beautiful as this deserves to live in a case anyway, so I don't think this should be a problem. If you can drop 2k on a statue, drop an additional 300-400 on a case for it.

I'm out. 2K for caca? Nope. CM better watch it or they're going to find themselves slipping into bankruptcy.

Its a hell of a lot of money but I have to say it does look great.
To spend that kind of cash I would need to see it in front of me before
I could purchase it.

i was just reading the specs on a web site about the predator and i saw this

"Constructed of polyurethane composite with realistic silicon skin"

dont you have to be realy carefull with silicon with it not drying out ????

id hate to by this £1k or $2k depending where you live collectable for it to start droping to bits within a year if its not in the right climate :horror

Where exactly did you see this?! I am on https://www.cinemaquette.com/cgi-bin/cinemaquette/CM8180.html?id=fGahsjqb and the site says:

The galaxy's most dangerous hunter makes its debut with this newest edition in the Cinemaquette series! Constructed of polyurethane composite, the Predator Cinemaquette precisely replicates the famous look of the creature, and features film-accurate armor, weaponry and equipment, right down to the wrist blades on the gauntlet and the shoulder-mounted cannon.

There's no mention of silicone?

found this

The otherworldly hunter Predator is the newest edition in the Cinemaquette series. Constructed of polyurethane composite with realistic silicon skin, the Predator features film-accurate armour, weaponry and equipment, including his shoulder cannon, trophy necklaces and fist mounted blades, authentic in every detail. The figure stands approximately 32" in height atop a fine display base. The base features jungle scenery and a discarded helmet, as well as a metal nameplate.

found this

The otherworldly hunter Predator is the newest edition in the Cinemaquette series. Constructed of polyurethane composite with realistic silicon skin, the Predator features film-accurate armour, weaponry and equipment, including his shoulder cannon, trophy necklaces and fist mounted blades, authentic in every detail. The figure stands approximately 32" in height atop a fine display base. The base features jungle scenery and a discarded helmet, as well as a metal nameplate.

Where? Can you provide a link?

I would love to have this resolved before I buy this statue. Not interested in silicon, at all.

if you use google you can find a few different links, the one I quoted from was play.com
Product.html

Back