Predator Cinemaquette, possible problem ! ! !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raider

Super Freak
Reaction score
i was just reading the specs on a web site about the predator and i saw this

"Constructed of polyurethane composite with realistic silicon skin"

dont you have to be realy carefull with silicon with it not drying out ????

id hate to by this £1k or $2k depending where you live collectable for it to start droping to bits within a year if its not in the right climate :horror

just found this on there FAQ on there site

Q: Is the silicon head on my T-850 going to deteriorate? What’s the deal with this weird powder that came with my Cinemaquette? What if his hair gets messed up in shipping?
A: We’d like to take a moment to answer some questions that have come up about our T-850 Cinemaquette and hopefully put to rest any concerns you might have about the quality and durability of the product.

Some customers have questioned the long-term durability of the silicon head. In point of fact, silicon has an incredible lifespan, maintaining its integrity and coherence for decades. The head is not merely covered with a silicon skin, but is in fact entirely composed of silicon, for better durability and overall quality. In addition, the paint that is used on the skin is also silicon-based (unlike other paints applied to latex, which has a very short shelf life) and should maintain its appearance for many years to come if stored in a dry place.

i live in england which is not the best place for allways being dry and to me this says dont touch your predator lol

Does anybody want silicon or rubber in their collectibles? probably NOT! So why are these companies still messing around with silicon and rubber.

Does anybody want silicon or rubber in their collectibles? probably NOT! So why are these companies still messing around with silicon and rubber.

I supose because it looks good, makes their product more unique and life like compared to others and so they can charge 2k.

I think the silicon gives a better look and feel but is probably more sensitive to skin oil on your fingers if man-handled. (Hence the powder). Personally i don't have the CM's but have seen them in person and they look absolutely fantastic.

If I was collecting these pieces the fact Silicon is used wouldn't put me off... My 2p.

Last edited:
I think the silicon gives a better look and feel but is probably more sensitive to skin oil on your fingers if man-handled. (Hence the powder). Personally i don't have the CM's but have seen them in person and they look absolutely fantastic.

If I was collecting these pieces the fact Silicon is used wouldn't put me off... My 2p.

You don't understand. I only have one arm and "man handling" such a worthy item like the Cinemaquette Pred is inevitable.

I'll wear a glove. One arm...one glove.

Michael-Jackson-s-Famous-Glove-Auctioned-on-eBay-2.jpg

Dannie - Is the one-arm thing true? If so a box of latex gloves should last you twice as long! Bargain.

+ If you fancy a bit of late-night breaking and entering, you've got a solution to that pesky fingerprint evidence.

Dannie - Is the one-arm thing true? If so a box of latex gloves should last you twice as long! Bargain.

+ If you fancy a bit of late-night breaking and entering, you've got a solution to that pesky fingerprint evidence.

It is definitely true. He lost it in a gang fight in his younger days.

:banghead Oops. Apologies if my joke is in bad taste. Was merely intended as (h)armless fun.

ive e-mailed them over this, asking what parts are actually made from silicon, because knowing my luck i will get one where the face drops off in 5 years time :horror

i may have to cancle this and go for the sideshow predator that is not as good (but wont fall apart)

Back