predator 2 = wth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the situation could easily have been mended as "I understand the confusion and was gratious enough to void the bids without hard feelings" then everything would be fine. Instead people including the seller and others are like , "tough ___ buyer beware, if you were too stupid to bid on the item you deserve to get burned". Sorry, but to me thats lame. Its attitude and tactics like that that make ebay have to protect buyers and screw honest sellers.

if you aren't fishing to fool somebody, what was so hard about putting the "box only" in the title? And if you aren't fishing to fool somebody, why get your panties in a bunch when the fool realized their mistake? And if you aren't trying to fool somebody, when people point out that the title is misleading, why cop a defiant attitude about it?

Doesn't add up to me.

:goodpost::exactly:

Sellers always ______ about eBay almost always siding with the buyers, especially when it comes to their policies. If sellers' attitudes do not change, well it'll just get worse.

While it IS dumb not to read the description before bidding, the REALITY is that it happens at a constant rate. Simply condoning the connotation that "well, though luck for the bidder, he gets what he deserved for being stupid" is also in a way condoning scrupulous sellers who prey on such people (it's the loophole that these sellers exploit, and if you agree with this thinking, then you'd really just be as bad as them), which is absolutely wrong. Look, it's clear that the seller isn't among these, but it's still a fact that he also originally made a mistake on the title. eBay policies back this up. In a court case, the buyer would have a fighting chance, since the seller failed to comply with one of eBay's policies. Kudos to rumadman for rectifying his other auctions to make the title more accurate.

I feel like Im in high school. Its reached the point where the seller of the box is just ____ing with everyone and every hour there is a new person that says something and adds gas to the fire.

I feel like Im in high school. Its reached the point where the seller of the box is just ____ing with everyone and every hour there is a new person that says something and adds gas to the fire.

I love everyone on this board. I am not going to harbor any negative feeling towards anyone. Even the ones that have called me a crook, scam artist or what have u.
All is love.
:peace

I just had somebody ask me what MISB meant on one of my Lego Star Wars auctions. Considering the item for sale, you would think this type of buyer would know what it means. Now i'm getting scared i didn't word my auction "title" right.:panic:

Two days ago another potential buyer asked me how much it would cost to ship to Mexico when it clearly stated in CAPS in the "description", that i was only shipping within the United States.

About a month before that a person from the U.K. went ahead and bid and won my auction (sniper) that also clearly stated in CAPS in the "description", that i was only shipping within the United States.

These are just three examples of what Sellers have to go through when dealing with complete idiots.:lecture

Last edited:
I just had somebody ask me what MISB meant on one of my Lego Star Wars auctions. Considering the item for sale, you would think this type of buyer would know what it means. Now i'm getting scared i didn't word my auction "title" right.:panic:

Two days ago another potential buyer asked me how much it would cost to ship to Mexico when it clearly stated in CAPS in the "description", that i was only shipping within the United States.

About a month before that a person from the U.K. went ahead and bid and won my auction (sniper) that also clearly stated in CAPS in the "description", that i was only shipping within the United States.

These are just three examples of what Sellers have to go through when dealing with complete idiots.:lecture

lol This guy in Brazil asked how much to ship to him. I ignored it because in the auction it said no international. I sold it 5 days ago to someone in NY. Today the Brazil guy asks if I got his other email and how much to ship it to Brazil.

Nah, you titledit right if it had the misb :) However, we really couldn't expect everyone to know the lingo right away, so it was really good for the buyer to ask first before bidding. What could be a dumb question to us might be enlightening to others :)

As for the shipping, I agree that's unfortunate. Actually, some sellers ignore those and pray that they get their way.

BTW, what did you do with the UK buyer?

i am interested to find out how many times you bid on such items..

None, because I read the item descriptions as well. In each occasion, I've clicked on items based on the item title, ready to bid. Then, after reading the description and learning it wasn't what I wanted, I moved on and continued my hunt.

While I do feel sorry for anyone who bids on something thinking it's something else, I read your actual auction listing and I have to say I cannot find any fault with the way you listed it. Just my humble opinion.

lol This guy in Brazil asked how much to ship to him. I ignored it because in the auction it said no international. I sold it 5 days ago to someone in NY. Today the Brazil guy asks if I got his other email and how much to ship it to Brazil.

Every time I sell anything on ebay, I get AT LEAST two of these in the 7 days my auctions run. It's frustrating, but not nearly as frustrating as the international bidder who bids anyway and, upon completion of the auction, refuses to pay because the shipping charge to Germany or wherever is more than they wanted to pay. Had to relist my MOTUC Tytus this week because of such a bidder. :(

aaawwwwww.... i do luv me some attention...
any who wheres sabers?? he didnt answer my question...
this is my thread after all.. how rude...

Every time I sell anything on ebay, I get AT LEAST two of these in the 7 days my auctions run. It's frustrating, but not nearly as frustrating as the international bidder who bids anyway and, upon completion of the auction, refuses to pay because the shipping charge to Germany or wherever is more than they wanted to pay. Had to relist my MOTUC Tytus this week because of such a bidder. :(

I usually cancel their bids if I an catch them in time. Just have two tabs open, one with the auction and one already on the cancel bid page. I've done it with up to 5 seconds left. I just wish we could leave negative feedback for ____ like that. They'd get it and likely wouldn't try that ____ anymore.

How come you cant? After purchase, isnt leaving feedback immediately availible?

I agree. Taking away the seller's right to leave negative feedback really hurt ebay, in my opinion. I'll have to try your technique in the future, though I doubt I'll be able to pull off a cancellation with 5 seconds left. :)

I usually cancel their bids if I an catch them in time. Just have two tabs open, one with the auction and one already on the cancel bid page. I've done it with up to 5 seconds left. I just wish we could leave negative feedback for ____ like that. They'd get it and likely wouldn't try that ____ anymore.

How come you cant? After purchase, isnt leaving feedback immediately availible?

I agree. Taking away the seller's right to leave negative feedback really hurt ebay, in my opinion. I'll have to try your technique in the future, though I doubt I'll be able to pull off a cancellation with 5 seconds left. :)

Oh I think I got it. Never sold anything on ebay yet.

Back