predator 2 = wth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, i really have no idea who he is besides some guy selling a box on ebay. If you look at the gallery and "believe the entire figure is up for auction", then you are one _____ked up individual, who probably can't count to 100. Seeing your posts though, i wouldn't be surprised if you thought that. It's not a misleading trick. If it was a misleading trick, he wouldn't clearly show and describe the item the buyer is recieving. He would, well, trick them. The title is not the description :slap... Otherwise it would be called the Description.. It's okay, keep trying :rotfl

It's nice to know that when you hang the wreath on your door for Christmas, you can reflect on your family tree. Re-read my post with more focus and despite the complex words, you might understand it. Again, it's already been pointed out and basically admitted to. Stop being so dense and blind. :huh

It's nice to know that when you hang the wreath on your door for Christmas, you can reflect on your family tree. Re-read my post with more focus and despite the complex words, you might understand it. Again, it's already been pointed out and basically admitted to. Stop being so dense and blind. :huh
I don't need to re-read your post. I understood it completely. It was another one of your cries for attention. If i were blind, i would not be able to see the pictures of the empty box, which i did. Continue QQing. :monkey2

No, i really have no idea who he is besides some guy selling a box on ebay. If you look at the gallery and "believe the entire figure is up for auction", then you are one _____ked up individual, who probably can't count to 100. Seeing your posts though, i wouldn't be surprised if you thought that. It's not a misleading trick. If it was a misleading trick, he wouldn't clearly show and describe the item the buyer is recieving. He would, well, trick them. The title is not the description :slap... Otherwise it would be called the Description.. It's okay, keep trying :rotfl

So, I'm now wondering why eBay has a ruling that states that titles should be 100% accurate.

The title is the issue here, not the auction in general. in itself, it IS misleading, and has a hight chance of misleading some, regardless if it was unintentional.

Sorry, but your post is full of fail.

Per eBay rules, the original title was inaccurate and prone to misinterpretation. It's stupid not to read the description, but we're in the real world and it happens.

If you see the title Hot Toys MMS45 Predator 2 Battle Damaged Sideshow EX, you DON'T think of the BOX. you think of the actual figure. Thus, no matter how you put it the title WILL NEVER BE 100% accurate. Hot Toys MMS45 Predator 2 Battle Damaged Sideshow EX Box or Hot Toys MMS45 Predator 2 Battle Damaged Sideshow EX Box Only would be more accurate.

Regardless, the seller did cancel out a couple of bids at the bidders' request, and did make a more accurate title in his other auctions, so all is good. The only point we're making is that the seller should've done better with the titles, which he did with his other listings. So your argument? It simply holds a lot less water than you think.

BTW, thenammagazine has been here a lot longer than you, and has proven his worth with his posts. You, on the other hand...

Last edited:
I don't need to re-read your post. I understood it completely. It was another one of your cries for attention. If i were blind, i would not be able to see the pictures of the empty box, which i did. Continue QQing. :monkey2

dancing_retard.gif

it's here alright, and very interesting.

i do not think the seller was trying to pull a fast one, but he could've easily put NO FIGURE INCLUDED in the title. Shame on the people who bid on this without reading the description...if anyone bid on this at all ...

i do not think the seller was trying to pull a fast one, but he could've easily put NO FIGURE INCLUDED in the title. Shame on the people who bid on this without reading the description...if anyone bid on this at all ...

Agreed. The seller did get a couple of people who bid without reading the description, and he cancelled their bid. I only hope the winner also knew what he was paying for, as I think only crazy people (or crazy rich people) will pay $200 for an empty box. Otherwise, it's going to be a lot of hassle for both parties, while eBay and PayPal folks will be doing a face palm.

years back when i first started collecting, i purchased a couple of statues MIB without styrofoam (Big Mistake)...Today, I would pay decent $$$$ for the factory styro i'm missing.

years back when i first started collecting, i purchased a couple of statues MIB without styrofoam (Big Mistake)...Today, I would pay decent $$$$ for the factory styro i'm missing.

You'd pay over $200 for the styros?

there are all kind of collectors.. i have had plenty of ppl here ask me for open boxes of these figures over the years. you might be new to this collecting game.

You have got to be kidding.

It's like I just said to someone in IM: When it comes to $$$ you can justify anything, which you surely have. :thud:

there are all kind of collectors.. i have had plenty of ppl here ask me for open boxes of these figures over the years. you might be new to this collecting game.

Not really, but this is the first time I've encountered collectors paying high prices for empty boxes/packaging. then again, I'm just over a year in 1:6th collecting, so it may be more prevalent here than in other toy collectibles. The most I've seen before this was $60 for an empty box of Transformers G1 Fortress Maximus (my main collection is TFs), and I thought that was over the top. So while I understand that there's a market for packaging, what really surprised me is that there are people willing to pay serious money for them.

You'd pay over $200 for the styros?

Not $200, but i'd easily pay $50 for each individual styo i'm missing. No styro is SUCH a pain in the ass (with fragile statues), the pieces are MUCH more prone to breakage...$50 to ease my mind is money well spent in my book.

Not $200, but i'd easily pay $50 for each individual styo i'm missing. No styro is SUCH a pain in the ass (with fragile statues), the pieces are MUCH more prone to breakage...$50 to ease my mind is money well spent in my book.

Yups, that's what I meant. I understand fellow collectors who'd need packaging, but I haven't encountered someone who'd pay over $200 for it, like the one who won the auction. I just hope that the buyer really knew what he was buying.

Not really, but this is the first time I've encountered collectors paying high prices for empty boxes/packaging. then again, I'm just over a year in 1:6th collecting, so it may be more prevalent here than in other toy collectibles. The most I've seen before this was $60 for an empty box of Transformers G1 Fortress Maximus (my main collection is TFs), and I thought that was over the top. So while I understand that there's a market for packaging, what really surprised me is that there are people willing to pay serious money for them.

You are really a newb then.
Lol
I have seen it all.

Even though the seller in question is being a smart ass on this thread, and maybe for due reason, (he has been attacked) i have read the listing and it is my personal belief that his intention was not of malice. If it were, he surely would not have admitted who he was on this thread. He would have taken the money and ran because that is what criminals do. I think he wanted to have a laugh over it when he admitted himself here however the story got twisted as all threads usually do after a few pages. As a seller myself i found the entire listing to be correct. The title is used just to get people in the door and anybody who uses e-bay should know well enough to read the entire listing. (description, terms, location, feedback, shipping cost, etc) as it is in there "manual" as a buyer to do so. Anyway my two cents, by all means continue flaming the seller in question if it makes you feel better after all he seems to enjoy the attention, but let us not lose sight that in this case the buyer was in the wrong here, the buyer ____ed up, not the seller.

Back