predator 2 = wth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though the seller in question is being a smart ass on this thread, and maybe for due reason, (he has been attacked) i have read the listing and it is my personal belief that his intention was not of malice. If it were, he surely would not have admitted who he was on this thread. He would have taken the money and ran because that is what criminals do. I think he wanted to have a laugh over it when he admitted himself here however the story got twisted as all threads usually do after a few pages. As a seller myself i found the entire listing to be correct. The title is used just to get people in the door and anybody who uses e-bay should know well enough to read the entire listing. (description, terms, location, feedback, shipping cost, etc) as it is in there "manual" as a buyer to do so. Anyway my two cents, by all means continue flaming the seller in question if it makes you feel better after all he seems to enjoy the attention, but let us not lose sight that in this case the buyer was in the wrong here, the buyer ____ed up, not the seller.

Exactly! How many times do you see something listed as Sideshow, Vader, whatever, for a Darth Maul something? :lol Maybe not that specific buy you know what I mean.

It's funny how you guys say bidders and those taking afront to this can't read. Irony is I guess it's you guys who just can't read:

Search and browse manipulation policy

It's against our policies to do anything that manipulates the search or browse experience on eBay. This applies to all parts of a listing, including the title, subtitle, product details, description, pictures, links, and meta tags (see also our HTML and JavaScript policy). If a seller uses tactics that can inappropriately divert bidders and buyers to a listing, we will take action...

Titles
Keep listing titles and subtitles clear and 100% accurate. Being honest about what you're selling helps buyers find exactly what they're looking for. Avoid giving false details just to attract people to your listing. Remember that inaccurate or misleading titles aren't allowed on eBay.

Allowed

If you list multiple, different items in a listing (known as a "lot"), you can describe each item in the title or subtitle.

To be clear for buyers, you may want to state:
o

the brand name associated with the item
o

the quantity of items for sale
o

the type of item for sale
o

whether the item is new or used

Not allowed

Confusing or unclear titles or subtitles

Incorrect or inconsistent information, for example:
o

Saying "quantity 5" in the title, but saying 1 item is for sale in the listing description
o

Selling a book about yoga and dieting, but using the title "I lost 30 pounds in 3 months"

Misrepresenting an item in the title or subtitle
https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

the situation could easily have been mended as "I understand the confusion and was gratious enough to void the bids without hard feelings" then everything would be fine. Instead people including the seller and others are like , "tough ___ buyer beware, if you were too stupid to bid on the item you deserve to get burned". Sorry, but to me thats lame. Its attitude and tactics like that that make ebay have to protect buyers and screw honest sellers.

if you aren't fishing to fool somebody, what was so hard about putting the "box only" in the title? And if you aren't fishing to fool somebody, why get your panties in a bunch when the fool realized their mistake? And if you aren't trying to fool somebody, when people point out that the title is misleading, why cop a defiant attitude about it?

Doesn't add up to me.

Even though the seller in question is being a smart ass on this thread, and maybe for due reason, (he has been attacked) i have read the listing and it is my personal belief that his intention was not of malice. If it were, he surely would not have admitted who he was on this thread. He would have taken the money and ran because that is what criminals do. I think he wanted to have a laugh over it when he admitted himself here however the story got twisted as all threads usually do after a few pages. As a seller myself i found the entire listing to be correct. The title is used just to get people in the door and anybody who uses e-bay should know well enough to read the entire listing. (description, terms, location, feedback, shipping cost, etc) as it is in there "manual" as a buyer to do so. Anyway my two cents, by all means continue flaming the seller in question if it makes you feel better after all he seems to enjoy the attention, but let us not lose sight that in this case the buyer was in the wrong here, the buyer ____ed up, not the seller.

This is not entirely accurate, as someone else pointed out. You should put in the title what you are selling. It doesn't make sense to list "Avatar Blu-ray" if you are only selling the Blu-ray sleeve in the description. Same goes for selling "Brand New George Foreman Grill" if you are only selling the box in the description. I understand people do it all the time, to try and get people to view the auction, but (and this is more for the seller's sake, not the buyer) the seller should always be as specific as possible about what the person will receive in the title to try and avoid hassle and non-payment later on. I think the buyer is most at fault, but the seller will end up not getting $200 for a box in the end. Credit to the seller for changing the titles for his newer auctions.

Last edited:
Hmmm doesn't seem as black and white as you believe it is. Either way I don't care. There is no changing anyones opinions. You're wasting time in here though. You could be off making the world a better place by patrolling ebay for dastardly deeds. :lecture

;) Who's to say I'm not? :lol

And unless you work for Summer's Eve, there's really no reason to be defending douches. :nana:

the situation could easily have been mended as "I understand the confusion and was gratious enough to void the bids without hard feelings" then everything would be fine. Instead people including the seller and others are like , "tough ___ buyer beware, if you were too stupid to bid on the item you deserve to get burned". Sorry, but to me thats lame. Its attitude and tactics like that that make ebay have to protect buyers and screw honest sellers.

if you aren't fishing to fool somebody, what was so hard about putting the "box only" in the title? And if you aren't fishing to fool somebody, why get your panties in a bunch when the fool realized their mistake? And if you aren't trying to fool somebody, when people point out that the title is misleading, why cop a defiant attitude about it?

Doesn't add up to me.

That's a great point Prog. It's these types of jerkoffs who have led ebay to completely take a pro-buyer stance with just about every dispute and why we consistently see sellers' rights stripped away more and more with each policy update.

Last edited:
"We Sell For Less".

Oh really? WHAT do you sell for less EXACTLY?

"Come on in and FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF":lol

Actually, you must be pretty dumb to start bidding right after reading only the title, and before checking the item condition and breif description.
It can sometimes be a b*tch move, but you must be pretty dumb to fall for it as well.

Just my humble opinion. :monkey3

Actually, you must be pretty dumb to start bidding right after reading only the title, and before checking the item condition and breif description.
It can sometimes be a b*tch move, but you must be pretty dumb to fall for it as well.

Just my humble opinion. :monkey3

This is true. But if someone bought from a guy on the board with no (or few) feedback and ended up being screwed over. I doubt many of you would be painting the situation with as much gray as seems to be happening in this case.

Not taking sides here or anything, but I have seen a bunch of listings like this one on ebay. Clicking an auction expecting a boxed figure, then reading the description to find that it's just for the box.

While both sides present valid arguments, I am most interested in finding out whether or not the buyer pays, and how they react once the item is received.

Item description in THIS case.

"Up for bid is a Hot Toys MMS45 Predator 2 Battle Damaged Sideshow ExEMPTY BOX..... you only get the box... there is no figure inside. what you do get is the awesome art box with sleeve and 4 plastic inserts. this would be a good item for those of you who may be trashed the box and would like to get it back in order to put away your Predator2.. Both the box and sleeve are in great condition... "

Pretty cut and dry. Seller COULD go after bidder and he would win the case. However he took the high road and retracted the bid. Instead of kudos he gets shat on here. LAME.

I hear people saying that he should have been more descriptive in his "title", meaning he should have stated "BOX ONLY". Thats fine, maybe he should have done that. However you do not place actual bids on the title screen. You have to "click" on the title in order to place a bid. Once you click on the "title" screen you reach the actual auction with all the information YOU as a bidder needs to take into account before placing your bid. There is no "taking sides" in THIS case because the seller was quite clear with his DESCRIPTION of the item he was selling. He could have typed "Predator2 BOX L@@K!!!" as his title and he would have still won the case against the bidder. But again, he took the high road. Kudos.

Not taking sides here or anything, but I have seen a bunch of listings like this one on ebay. Clicking an auction expecting a boxed figure, then reading the description to find that it's just for the box.

While both sides present valid arguments, I am most interested in finding out whether or not the buyer pays, and how they react once the item is received.

i am interested to find out how many times you bid on such items..

Back