Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice, but I still prefer the older preds. Guess the new body is just not for me. It sure looks nice, but at the sacrifice of articulation.
I also found some rub marks on the figure: on a hand, a knee, the head, a mandible, elbow... little spots of missing paint. Hardly noticeable, but still there. Anybody else have that?

Question, does this guy come with one of those black and white pamplets/instructions sheets? On a side note, I was very underwhelmed when I took this guy out, not sure why. But he does look very good from a viewing distance, better than in "handling" distance.

Just arrived but I haven't taken it out yet, just wanted to post a quick photo of the $10 extra "pack out" SS provides....... Now that's added protection......:slap

1319570801316.jpg

I don't see what the issue is with that box. Both my Shadow and Batman were shipped together in very similar fashion. As this is going via Fedex ie. safer, I don't see why folks would expect more packaging than this.

I did give em a call inquiring why this cost me an extra $10. Is it to much to expect them to add some sort of padding? Peanuts or something like other retailers?

They did take care of a future order though. So not all's lost.

Just opened my Shadow.

This as my first Predator is so heavy compared to other Hot Toys.

I'm loving it so far, the details are amazing, fur is a tiny bit un-stuck on the chest, not noticable unless you peel it back, the crotch-flap is a touch long on the right than the left.

OMG this is brilliant, i'm one satisfied customer.

The mandibles on this guy are really tight compared to previous Predator releases, so I'd recommend just taking your time and applying just a little bit of force at a time until they dislodge. Once they're out for the first time, it gets a bit easier to switch them.

The mandibles on this guy are really tight compared to previous Predator releases, so I'd recommend just taking your time and applying just a little bit of force at a time until they dislodge. Once they're out for the first time, it gets a bit easier to switch them.

blade when are you posting your review?

New guy here.

I spent a good while trying to remove mine, pulling straight out rocking them up/down side to side. What worked for me on the mandibles was a VERY SLIGHT PRESSURE on the bottom mandible pulling outwards towards the shoulders then they should come right out.

It seems like this guy was put together while the paint was still wet and every joint or part is very tight and or stuck in place.

Now the elbow and knee joints I have not been able to move mine and I don't want to break them.

Anybody have any suggestions.... hair dryer maybe ?

New guy here.

I spent a good while trying to remove mine, pulling straight out rocking them up/down side to side. What worked for me on the mandibles was a VERY SLIGHT PRESSURE on the bottom mandible pulling outwards towards the shoulders then they should come right out.

It seems like this guy was put together while the paint was still wet and every joint or part is very tight and or stuck in place.

Now the elbow and knee joints I have not been able to move mine and I don't want to break them.

url

I managed to dislodge the mandibles by getting that initial crack moving side to side, then up and down to pull out.

This figure is a 10/10 for me, the Classic has moved far up my list of anticipation.

New guy here.

Welcome to the forum, yeah a hair dryer will do wonders. What I have found with the preds is to apply constant pressure and slowly increase to get the joints going (usually the knees are problematic on the later releases). The mandibles on this guy are definitely ridiculous. I used the whole wiggle technique as others have mentioned and avoided breaking them but barely. Love the figure, love all the preds - just don't love the cost.

Back