Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with the rest of them incomplete clan...
DSC_1930.jpg

DSC_1932copy.jpg

DSC_1933.jpg

The new body makes the Supers look small. Awesome! Not for continuity but for making classic into a p1.

I just noticed the complete lack of spot pattern on this guy, just random dots painted throughout the figure, makes my decision to pass so much easier. Great sculpt though, but if classic suffers the same poke a dot type paint app, he will get the boot too. These are too pricey for that kind of paint app.

Spots don't really look like spots, either..

Look like small chipped pieces of rusty paint, glued onto the figure..

i think that's why the Predators figures look so good to me, they don't require the same kind of spot pattern paint apps as the other Preds before them. There's no depth at all to Shadow's paint app except for the head. I have a feeling, SS is gonna have these for awhile, and HT is gonna regret not having a low ES on this.

small body, small head with a disgusting mouth open, long neck, long legs. where is the proportions? body color is also not authentic. :dunno

Tsang is disgusting sculptor.
I'm not sure I follow since the body is. . .bigger than the previous ones. And proportion-wise, he doesn't have the skinny waist like some of the other Preds that makes him look almost feminine in comparison.

I couldn't care less about color accuracy, since I'm not buying this figure for that purpose. He just looks so much more bad-ass than the previous Preds IMO. If you prefer the AvP guys, skinny waist Guardian and whatnot, power to you. Just stating my opinion.

I'm not sure I follow since the body is. . .bigger than the previous ones. And proportion-wise, he doesn't have the skinny waist like some of the other Preds that makes him look almost feminine in comparison.

I couldn't care less about color accuracy, since I'm not buying this figure for that purpose. He just looks so much more bad-ass than the previous Preds IMO. If you prefer the AvP guys, skinny waist Guardian and whatnot, power to you. Just stating my opinion.

:goodpost: agreed

Oh, what a disgusting mouth.

:slap:slap
small body, small head with a disgusting mouth open, long neck, long legs. where is the proportions? body color is also not authentic. :dunno

Tsang is disgusting sculptor.

I think the sculpt is fine, but the paint app is mediocre at best imo. This thing prolly would have cost me $270-280 since I'm in Ca.

Anyone thinks that the title of this thread is kinda misleading?

Since SS still have this up on PO, I think this is a regular release and not a Toy Fair Exclusive :lol

i think that's why the Predators figures look so good to me, they don't require the same kind of spot pattern paint apps as the other Preds before them. There's no depth at all to Shadow's paint app except for the head. I have a feeling, SS is gonna have these for awhile, and HT is gonna regret not having a low ES on this.

I'm hoping that's more to the fact that the Prototype for this dude didn't have much spots on it either.

The prototype for classic has a lot of spots though.

no, scalpers who were hoping it'll have a low ES are gonna regret it. HT will do just fine. every pred they've made so far has sold out and this one is mostly reused parts. either way, they get more $$ out of the molds. HT is nothing if not savvy about their market.

If you prefer the AvP guys,
no, no, no, no, no!
of course, a new body more and better than the previous ones, but the head because of it became small. the legs are still big, disproportionate (though with the advent of Berserkers legs became even greater. the horror! :panic:).

I think the sculpt is fine,
ok. demonstrate:

170814335.jpg

general comparison
long neck, small and narrow head, small and short body, large legs, disproportionate hands. questions?

170814339.jpg

170814336.jpg

170814341.jpg

more than is necessary with respect to body proportions. size of the biceps more than necessary.

170814342.jpg

narrow head, huge mouth which opens and closes wrong.

170814337.jpg

colour of the body and the head is terrible, absolutely not authentic.

Outcome: sculpt repulsive, disgusting painting.

P.S. If you still do not see, then nobody will be able to help! :panic:

Back