Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone thinks that the title of this thread is kinda misleading?

Since SS still have this up on PO, I think this is a regular release and not a Toy Fair Exclusive :lol
Well, give me the fancy, uniform with other threads title you want it to have and I'll change it.

P.S. If you still do not see, then nobody will be able to help! :panic:
I'm not sure that the guy who isn't using those graphs and comparison shots is the one who needs help :lol

Look, is it perfect? I guess not. But it's all relative. This is the best, most bad-ass Predator body HT has done IMO ("Super Predators" don't count for me, so I'm not even really considering them), and for that, I'm picking it up. It beats the heck out of scrawny Guardian, so I'm getting rid of Guardian and replacing him with this guy as my non-P1 Pred to go on the detolf shelf with P1/Classic/whatever you want to call it. I loved the P1/Guardian body. . .until this one was released. Now, I've got no use for the earlier bodies. YMMV

You're sounding a bit like Selektiv only I know he never bothers with having an avatar.

You've clearly gone to a lot of trouble there to demonstrate the differences, so I commend you for that at least...but I just don't care enough and I suspect a lot of people feel the same. This is a background predator.

you also need to keep in mind that the sculpt isn't really intended to look like the Snake. it's a repainted Predators Classic sculpt. and as far as paint goes, the only major issue i can see is the markings on his back, which i'll probably never see once i put him in the display case. it's an awesome figure and probably the best we'll ever get of this character.

170814335.jpg

Aside from the teeth and shape of the eyes, the head is fine, everything else is subjective from that one kinda blurry shot from the film.

Are you serious???
about you? :monkey1

karamazov80

in general, i agree with you. on the one hand, HT released a mediocre product. on the other hand, the Shadow Predator made ​​based on the movie, no badly. it remains to make a choice. if the first option, you do not care what was shown in the film. you care only that the company has made based on this film. :dunno

a-dev

i understand you. :)
but... but... but...
just a pity that HT has made crooked body and head.

prefused

bla bla bla. sorry :(

Nova-Force :slap:slap

The only problem with the figure imo is the crappy paint job.

Sculpt is fine, not 100% accurate..but if you expected HOT TOYS to sculpt a Predator with complete, 100% accuracy, you're crazy.

no, because HT can not do it because of laziness. :dunno

pay attention to the NECA, that's who created a very cool Lost Hunters.

But to HT's credit, they're the ones who first tested the waters with any of the Lost Clan. Who knows if NECA would ever have gone there if not for the HT P2 Elder, Borg, guardian etc etc.

But to HT's credit, they're the ones who first tested the waters with any of the Lost Clan. Who knows if NECA would ever have gone there if not for the HT P2 Elder, Borg, guardian etc etc.
i think that's apples and oranges. NECA is making the clan because of the kind of company they are. they're not competing with HT, they're filling the role McFarlane left open several years ago. but the main difference between NECA and McF is they don't have some d-bag telling them to focus on sports figures and drop their movie licenses. NECA already has the Predator franchise license. and since they don't need to focus that on separate actor likeness rights, they get to make every monster in it. the lost clan is mostly rehashes and they don't need to do much separate tooling for all the different characters. that's why they're making them.

people become more and more blind. soon HT will sell the a shapeless piece of plastic and they'll say "wow new figure! and we don't care that it looks like nothing."

He's not trolling, and he's not stupid.

Here's the thing...

Hot Toys can make accurate Predators, but they choose not to because accurate or not, people will buy them.

Although, their Predator figures are still really cool.

And since HT is pretty much known for making accurate figures, this can piss people off.. Which it kinda should.

You've just got to accept the fact that HT will not make accurate Predators. They just don't care about what the real fans want, and don't need to because they're making their cash.

If you want some high quality Predator figures, and don't mind the inaccuracies.. HT Preds are great.

You've just got to accept the fact that HT will not make accurate Predators. They just don't care about what the real fans want, and don't need to because they're making their cash.

Please define "a real fan".

I'd like to class myself as one - you know, collecting Predator stuff since the 1980s, have read all the books, comics etc - and I personally think that, like the Guardian, it's very cool to see the Lost Preds getting a pretty decent 1/6 scale treatment. Yes I can see minor differences but frankly IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME!!!! because the end result is still good and instantly recgnizable.

I understand differences of opinion, but please don't trot out that pathetic "real fan" argument...

He's not trolling, and he's not stupid.

Here's the thing...

Hot Toys can make accurate Predators, but they choose not to because accurate or not, people will buy them.

Although, their Predator figures are still really cool.

And since HT is pretty much known for making accurate figures, this can piss people off.. Which it kinda should.

If you want some high quality Predator figures, and don't mind the inaccuracies.. HT Preds are great.

i totally can see how you feel, but there twist on predators is very cool.They have no one making the same scale ,so yeah pretty much go with is my theory.

Please define "a real fan".

I'd like to class myself as one - you know, collecting Predator stuff since the 1980s, have read all the books, comics etc - and I personally think that, like the Guardian, it's very cool to see the Lost Preds getting a pretty decent 1/6 scale treatment. Yes I can see minor differences but frankly IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME!!!! because the end result is still good and instantly recgnizable.

I understand differences of opinion, but please don't trot out that pathetic "real fan" argument...
Uhm, so you're telling me you don't want them more accurate?

Is it crazy for me to think that the real fans, the big ones, who know much more than your average movie watcher, want a more accurate Pred without asking too much?

I love the HT Preds, I'm not trolling here.. I'm just stating the facts.

Hot Toys CAN DEFINITELY make them more accurate. But they WILL NOT because people WILL BUY them anyway. It's ____ty.

They're awesome figures though.. great quality, detail, etc..

I'm a Predator fan, not NECA, not HT, PREDATOR..blah blah blah.

Back