Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly. this is the Guradian all over again. everybody comes in here and praises how cool the figure is, then a week later BAM, right in the For Sale section at markup prices. then the whole thing repeats itself. the only way to stop it is to never buy these honeypot scalper-bait figures from HT in the first place.

At least someone else sees through HT's lies :hi5:

Some pieces achieve coolness with their accuracy, some with their poseability, some with their accessories, etc. When you walk into your room and look at your Pred shelf, topped with figures and statues from multiple companies, they're all cool. I mean, you wouldn't have bought it if it didn't have some sort of appeal to you.

:exactly: :hi5:

All I have to say to that seller is:

wonder.jpg

exactly. this is the Guradian all over again. everybody comes in here and praises how cool the figure is, then a week later BAM, right in the For Sale section at markup prices. then the whole thing repeats itself. the only way to stop it is to never buy these honeypot scalper-bait figures from HT in the first place.

But I don't want to stop it! Surely it's a good thing that HT are producing more figures, and distinctive ones to boot. What I *want* is to be able to buy this at a retail price not an inflated one, and that can be achieved by simply exercising some discipline.

Of course I should be grateful - your efforts can only help my chances of buying one at a sane price. Here's hoping for "Guardian all over again" since it's now about the cheapest Pred you can buy...

Some pieces achieve coolness with their accuracy, some with their poseability, some with their accessories, etc. When you walk into your room and look at your Pred shelf, topped with figures and statues from multiple companies, they're all cool. I mean, you wouldn't have bought it if it didn't have some sort of appeal to you.

:exactly: :hi5:
cha-ching.

would like to add him to my collection but won't pay those evilbay prices

just too much other great stuff heading my way

I bought the guardian for 350.00 last year and wont do that again.I know Hot Toys know that these a#$hole's ebay and where ever are going to sell them for stupid money, but i dont think we can blame Hot Toys for this.Exclusives are exclusives, we should just be happy with the 90% regular releases.
I know, I know , its still messed up that people like me will spend 350.00 on the same quality figure for 200.00 at regular release,but this year i say noooooooooo.I will hold out for 2 predators for that price.

But i dont think Hot Toys is at fault?

Just got a comment on my 1/4 NECA P1 review from another NECA-loving fan, bashing HT for all it's worth. I totally respect both companies, but as Predator fans, it's important to understand one thing: we all love these characters, so why can't we indulge ourselves by buying from various companies? There's a reason to support HT and there's also a reason to support NECA (or any other manufacturer).

Predator love should unite, not divide. Sha-zam. :banana

Exactly! All there is to it. Some pieces achieve coolness with their accuracy, some with their poseability, some with their accessories, etc. When you walk into your room and look at your Pred shelf, topped with figures and statues from multiple companies, they're all cool. I mean, you wouldn't have bought it if it didn't have some sort of appeal to you.

By the way, this figure looks hot. Long neck is a bummer, but you'd think by now most completionists would be used to it. Ooh, and a little tip... the neck is long even in the prototype/specs pictures in the first post. :lol Buy or don't buy, at least we've all got freedom of choice.

I use to laugh at Spawn fans that hated NECA just because they were Spawn fans and felt they should be loyal to McFarlane. Who freaking cares who makes the stuff as long as it's good. This new HT figure is very nice and as a Predator fan I can't wait to get it. The old ones HT did will seem old and not so good when they go back and redo them like this new piece. I've got the HT Falconer right here in front of me and even though it's off just a bit here and there the paint and materials make it a great looking figure and this feels better to me than lets say HT P1 and 2. Bring it on HT and do the classics all over again. I love our 19 inch P1 and hope we do more like him but as a fan it would be hard to pass up HT new Predator improved figures. Snake rules and lets see Ram and the rest.

I use to laugh at Spawn fans that hated NECA just because they were Spawn fans and felt they should be loyal to McFarlane. Who freaking cares who makes the stuff as long as it's good. This new HT figure is very nice and as a Predator fan I can't wait to get it. The old ones HT did will seem old and not so good when they go back and redo them like this new piece. I've got the HT Falconer right here in front of me and even though it's off just a bit here and there the paint and materials make it a great looking figure and this feels better to me than lets say HT P1 and 2. Bring it on HT and do the classics all over again. I love our 19 inch P1 and hope we do more like him but as a fan it would be hard to pass up HT new Predator improved figures. Snake rules and lets see Ram and the rest.
stop encouraging people to buy this! it is folly and will end in ruin!

stop encouraging people to buy this! it is folly and will end in ruin!

As long as the retail is under 200 bucks I'm all for it myself. HT knows Predator fans want this stuff and I say bring it on. I hope we keep the Predator stuff coming out for years to come. Nothing looks cooler than kick but Predator figures. HT needs to go back and redo all the Alien stuff while their at it. Snake is a stand out in the movie and to me that was one of the best Predator moments ever when they all came walking out. I hope HT will redo the lost Predator also. Lots of fun Predator stuff to look forward too.

As long as the retail is under 200 bucks I'm all for it myself. HT knows Predator fans want this stuff and I say bring it on. I hope we keep the Predator stuff coming out for years to come. Nothing looks cooler than kick but Predator figures. HT needs to go back and redo all the Alien stuff while their at it. Snake is a stand out in the movie and to me that was one of the best Predator moments ever when they all came walking out. I hope HT will redo the lost Predator also. Lots of fun Predator stuff to look forward too.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back