Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I've heard the excuses over the years, exclusive are to promote attendance; exclusive are the perks of going to a con, and this and that. But, honestly there are some of us that just can’t make it to a con, can afford the inflated prices on the secondary market because we can barely afford what we’re getting now. Does that mean we don’t get to be rewarded for our patronage? When I look at the auction on EBay and to see one seller with multiple exclusives, it’s just a slap in the face.

Or maybe you could just be patient until Sideshow puts this guy up for order. Also, life isn't fair. I like how you ignore points that I made earlier too. Please, shoot me down. Call me out. Make me look like a dumb ass who has no idea what I am talking about. It makes a debate better if we feed off of each other's replies.

Not going to fall into that trap. if you want to start a flame war pick someone else. I have to take enough medication now as it is.

I've never been to a Con, and I have a Guardian and a Mark IV Secret Project, both bought through SSC at retail. And I'm also hoping to get the Begins Batman/Bruce Wayne and a Shadow Predator. It's perfectly reasonable for collectors to get these exclusives at retail without attending a convention.

If you're gonna gripe about something, gripe about the scalpers getting multiple pieces under different accounts, just to sale them for profit, and then bragging about it openly on here. They're the jag-offs making them so expensive on the secondary market.

I've never been to a Con, and I have a Guardian and a Mark IV Secret Project, both bought through SSC at retail. And I'm also hoping to get the Begins Batman/Bruce Wayne and a Shadow Predator. It's perfectly reasonable for collectors to get these exclusives at retail without attending a convention.

If you're gonna gripe about something, gripe about the scalpers getting multiple pieces under different accounts, just to sale them for profit, and then bragging about it openly on here. They're the jag-offs making them so expensive on the secondary market.

I never said I thought much of them either, heck; they're the ones that got the rest started.

You know I've heard the excuses over the years, exclusive are to promote attendance; exclusive are the perks of going to a con, and this and that. But, honestly there are some of us that just can’t make it to a con, can afford the inflated prices on the secondary market because we can barely afford what we’re getting now. Does that mean we don’t get to be rewarded for our patronage? When I look at the auction on EBay and to see one seller with multiple exclusives, it’s just a slap in the face.
bad news, it's entirely possible that you're just not a factor in HT's very very successful business model. and maybe you're not entitled to own expensive toys. but in any case, there's good news - NECA is making this pred next year. you can go buy it at Toys R Us for $17 and let everybody else who can afford this hobby live in peace away from people who whine about the price/availability of high-end collectibles.

bad news, it's entirely possible that you're just not a factor in HT's very very successful business model. and maybe you're not entitled to own expensive toys. but in any case, there's good news - NECA is making this pred next year. you can go buy it at Toys R Us for $17 and let everybody else who can afford this hobby live in peace away from people who whine about the price/availability of high-end collectibles.

nuclear-explosion.jpg

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for sticking it to me from your computer, while you sit in your room at your parent’s house. I guess if my mom and dad were paying all my bills while I goofed off during the summer I’d have time to drive the car they’re probably paying for to a con and spend their money to buy expensive figures.

Unfortunately, not everyone one is born with a silver spoon in their months and have nice rich kid allowances. Thank God for the Bill of rights, were you have your opinion and I still have mine and as long as this forum observes the rights to free speech I’ll whine about what I want and you can keep whining about people that don’t have it as good as you.

As for Neca, bought toys from them for years, I got tired of having to super glue wrist, knees and biceps back on because of their joints sticking. You throw your money away on them, I’ll save mine for the figures that you don’t think I’m good enough to own.

Wow, Dollman, I have to give it to you. You are the most depressing poster I've ever had the misfortune to read. I'm gonna lighten up now and go watch Requiem for a Dream...

Not going to fall into that trap. if you want to start a flame war pick someone else. I have to take enough medication now as it is.

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for sticking it to me from your computer, while you sit in your room at your parent’s house. I guess if my mom and dad were paying all my bills while I goofed off during the summer I’d have time to drive the car they’re probably paying for to a con and spend their money to buy expensive figures.

Unfortunately, not everyone one is born with a silver spoon in their months and have nice rich kid allowances. Thank God for the Bill of rights, were you have your opinion and I still have mine and as long as this forum observes the rights to free speech I’ll whine about what I want and you can keep whining about people that don’t have it as good as you.

As for Neca, bought toys from them for years, I got tired of having to super glue wrist, knees and biceps back on because of their joints sticking. You throw your money away on them, I’ll save mine for the figures that you don’t think I’m good enough to own.
Am I missing something here?? :dunno

Wow, Dollman, I have to give it to you. You are the most depressing poster I've ever had the misfortune to read. I'm gonna lighten up now and go watch Requiem for a Dream...

Don't waste your time watching a dope head movie, believe me glorifying drug use isn’t all that great, especially when you have to start taking them to keep you alive.

my parents are dead. which is too bad, because if they were here they'd explain to you what a Straw-Man Argument is. anyway, i can afford this hobby because i busted my ass in school and i have a good job.

also, the Bill of Rights doesn't really apply to moderated internet message boards and was not written by God. i learned that in school.
jeez, you complain about cheap toys too. there's just no pleasing some people.

my parents are dead. which is too bad, because if they were here they'd explain to you what a Straw-Man Argument is. anyway, i can afford this hobby because i busted my ass in school and i have a good job.

also, the Bill of Rights doesn't really apply to moderated internet message boards and was not written by God. i learned that in school.

jeez, you complain about cheap toys too. there's just no pleasing some people.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdn__ZbAWP4&feature=related"]‪Nuclear weapon‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Am I missing something here?? :dunno

Yes, apparently someone feels that Hot Toys figures, or I guess any high quality figure is only for the wealthy that can afford them and everyone else just needs to stick to cheap mass produced toys.

Now I'm getting off of here before I say something the moderators have to single me out to warn. :horse

Yes, apparently someone feels that Hot Toys figures, or I guess any high quality figure is only for the wealthy that can afford them and everyone else just needs to stick to cheap mass produced toys.

Now I'm getting off of here before I say something the moderators have to single me out to warn. :horse

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xrlf3taEo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xrlf3taEo[/ame]

Back