Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock I hope this is a regular release as well. A standard Sideshow Exclusive would be fine, but just none of that "Comic Con" exclusive crap. Makes getting one of them 10x more difficult than it needs to.
Idunno.. Gaurdian seemed impossible to get, but just a few months ago people's waitlists were still converting.

I remember getting on the waitlist 3 (or was it 13 :cuckoo:) days after it was put up, and got mine in October..

This and the Batman Bruce Wayne are the Asian Toyfairs exclusive figures. Yes, the Mark IV Secret Project is HT's only SDCC ex. These are not regular releases as many would hope. Just be subscribed to SSC's newsletter because this and Bats are more likely than not going to be PPO.

Go look at their prices, then you can answer your own question.

Not quite the response I was hoping for :lol

I use them as they are cheaper than anyone else I have found, usually 10-20% discount. Once you add in the POL savings on shipping, and their great customer service it makes sure I give them repeat custom.

Your posts imply they have upset you though.

I use them as they are cheaper than anyone else I have found, usually 10-20% discount. Once you add in the POL savings on shipping, and their great customer service it makes sure I give them repeat custom.

Though I wouldn't use as harsh of language, I am inclined to agree with him. Everything I see on BBTS seems to be way overpriced. Maybe I just am not looking hard enough, but it is especially bad with Japanese figures they have. While I can say nothing for their shipping prices or customer support, it seems to be that what they do wrong is certainly the most important at face value: the price.

Though I wouldn't use as harsh of language, I am inclined to agree with him. Everything I see on BBTS seems to be way overpriced. Maybe I just am not looking hard enough, but it is especially bad with Japanese figures they have. While I can say nothing for their shipping prices or customer support, it seems to be that what they do wrong is certainly the most important at face value: the price.

The discount - in PRICE - was as compared to Sideshow prices. That's why I asked what was expensive there. BBTS have saved me a fortune over the last few years.

Also came through for me when items were damaged. Good guys. I only order direct from Sideshow when I have no other choice (E.G. exclusives I want).

BBTS does have excellent customer service, that I cannot lie, but they do jack the prices up a bit on certain items, but on others they are cheaper than a lot of places. I guess you can't win all the time.

BBTS does have excellent customer service, that I cannot lie, but they do jack the prices up a bit on certain items, but on others they are cheaper than a lot of places. I guess you can't win all the time.

Indeed. That's why I think we collectors are blessed with so many viable options these days. It truly is awesome to know you have so many choices, all of which you can trust.

No, I've ordered a few small things from them, and no big deal. I've even ordered my Berserker from Toys2 because of how cheap it was.

Now, with toys2 and my berserker, I ordered it and paid the price plus shipping (can't remember exactly what), but before the end of that day, they had already jacked the price alone above what I paid total, including the shipping. So I look back through all of their items, and see a lot of the **OUT OF STOCK** stuff listed at 2 times what it was supposed to sale at. Not very reputable, IMO.

And just pretty much browsing through BBTS and noticing the same thing.

A lot of members will sing praises about those two companies because of the lower costs and better shipping prices, and actually bash on SSC some because of their higher prices (and on their own forum. How sad is that? I think a lot of people forget this is SSC's forum :lol) But SSC's prices are not that much higher. But I tell you what, look back at SSC's out of stock or wait list items. Do you see them gouging us to make an extra buck in their pocket??

I'll pay the extra bit of cash to stick with SSC. For one, I have a sheet load of rewards points building up, and two, I've never come remotely close to a problem with them, plus they don't scalp!!!

******* I am in no way affiliated with Sideshow Collectibles, their employees or their families. I am not an actor, and in no way have I been compensated for the above message :lecture:lecture:lecture

:D

Well again for me the problem with Sideshow is the inevitability of customs fees on figures I get from them, the longer wait generally (though lately longer waits have been suiting me just fine) and, at least in the case of the Guardian predator, receiving a banged up box with excessive 'shelfwear'.

My only problem with Sideshow is the terrible packaging. I shouldn't have to pay extra to get something nicely packed. My DX Bruce Lee's box had a rather huge tear on the cover. It really ruins a beautiful display piece.

i just wish they'd post some useful info on how and when to order this in a timely manner.

pass for me on this one. To me a lot of the appeal of pred is their tech/armor. I know this is shadow pred but just seems a bit bare for my liking.

Bought the berserker instead, got all the gears/armors i wanted.

Definitely need some info through the newsletter on this. Hopefully this Thursday. That's if we even get one. Didn't get one last Thursday.

email is a stupid backwards way to keep your customer base updated. there's no way to guarantee everybody gets the same info at the same time because of how much the protocols and filters have changed. you're probably better off checking their facebook/twitter pages.

This thread is the fastest. As soon as someone sees something they immediately post it on here.

Back