Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody on Facebook just said he emailed Coolprops, they confirmed it's from the original Stan Winston hero mould.

Who knows what they paid to get access to a hero mold. I'd bet a lot. This is going to be even more desirable if that's the case. The value on the P1 bust might rise because of this too.

I'm talking about the Berserker bust - Sideshow's last life-size predator bust.

And the SS P1 life-size wasn't 1k, it was $845. Or at least that's what it's listed as on Sideshow.

I think he means the Wolf bust. I seem to recall it was 900$, not sure about it being bigger, it was just the head of the Wolf + the pillar/base (that doesn't count as part of the bust for me, regarding size).

EDIT: awww ****, mistake. Well, all comes down to paint app to me. A City Hunter bust with proper accuracy and paint app would put to shame any Berserker, Wolf and even the original P1 bust. Yeah, I said it. :D

I thought we were all talking about different things. Anyways......The Wolf bust is ok, but I still think the Berserker bust is bad. It's defn the worst of the bunch for sure, along with the Predalien.

Along with the Predalien...
Jeeeeez... That comment is a bit hard man... The Predalien is a jaw dropper!!!! Out of everything I've got the Predalien is looked at the most by friends and family.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I found the Predalien to be quite impressive, the only drawbacks were size and the crappy movie that spawned it.

sorry, but that's my opinion man. I had it. The paint sucked, the dreads were a pain in the butt, no chrome teeth, and a dusty dome. It's defn a looker........from a few feet away. It could've been so much better. I still like the character, but with the amount of room that thing takes up, had to let it go.

Never seen the preadlien in rl and pictures I see of it are always with flash so it's tough to tell ;p But I didn't like the character much at all, beyond just having a predalien in the first place it was too much predator and not enough alien imo.

This is from the original Hero mold....

From their FB page...

"We were very excited to announce, and to show the public for the first time our upcoming newest prop, the model of "PREDATOR 2/ PREDATOR LIFE-SIZE BUST"
It is made from the original mold that was used in the movie!
There are two kinds of heads and suits that were used in the movie "PREDATOR 2"
One was used for the lost hunter, which we see in the stunt scenes and in the end.
The other large one was exclusively made for the tall suit actor, Kevin Peter Hall.
This large "Hero Version" was also used for close up scenes and for advertising, and we are very happy and excited we were able to display this prop!
We hope everyone looks forward to it coming out in the future!"

I emailed Coolprops about this and received this response:

"Dear Steven,

We hope to have the prototype painted by July so please continue to
check it out
and please look forward to it!
Thank you very much.

Regards,
CoolProps Support team"

I guess their tease wasn't for a bio. Very little info as usual given their lack of English information but it appears they are making this... "He plunged into panic LA revives! PREDATOR2/PREDATOR LIFE-SIZE BUST prototype on display! It is used in film photography had become a phantom original mold!"

1VUUgBD.jpg

Things were getting quiet round here so I went thread-trawling.

First thing that caught my eye – THIS thread. I just about fell off my chair when I saw the pics :horror

Nice one Matt – REALLY nice my friend! :clap:hi5:

So IS this licenced?

Website? (AKA “how the heck do we order”)?

Geez I’m SO giddy about this – HUGE bonus that it’s NOT Sideshow! :yess:

I don’t care WHAT this costs – if they can get this right – IT WILL BE MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic:

Ian/Spike.

I like how they've included his little forked tongue in the sculpt. I only ever noticed he had this once I bought the Blu Ray!

WHAAAAAAAAA ?!?!?! seriously? :google - (movie-still from Blu-Ray please?)

Somebody on Facebook just said he emailed Coolprops, they confirmed it's from the original Stan Winston hero mould.

This is from the original Hero mold....

From their FB page...

"We were very excited to announce, and to show the public for the first time our upcoming newest prop, the model of "PREDATOR 2/ PREDATOR LIFE-SIZE BUST"
It is made from the original mold that was used in the movie!
There are two kinds of heads and suits that were used in the movie "PREDATOR 2"
One was used for the lost hunter, which we see in the stunt scenes and in the end.
The other large one was exclusively made for the tall suit actor, Kevin Peter Hall.
This large "Hero Version" was also used for close up scenes and for advertising, and we are very happy and excited we were able to display this prop!
We hope everyone looks forward to it coming out in the future!"

Hmmmm . . . can’t help thinking that forehead doesn’t seem steep/long enough. I think we need one of Matt or Col’s “side by side with a movie still” comparissons.

SS carries this companies products. Even if it weren't completely accurate, which it looks like it is, it would still be the most accurate P2 to date.

Back