Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Berserker bust is a disaster. Might be accurate as hell, but the paint app is just so weak I don't even want to think about it. Total waste of money, I even recall a fellow collector writing a letter to Sideshow to complain.
Regarding this P2 Bust... looks great so far. Not sure if they made it from the original mold, but looks good to me. Can't wait to see it painted and with the various details added.

In size and sculpt, yes.
But this:

img3209x.jpg

Is completely unacceptable. Don't want to start a war here, this pic is of a friend of mine. He has A LOT of Alien/Predator pieces and he's not **** or nitpicky, but at the time I recall he completely flipped. This thing retailed at over 1000€ I think, it's been unsold for a life (and it's still unsold) to most retailers here.

I was buying the Beserker until Sideshow pulled the price switch-a-roo. I passed on principle after that and sighed with relief when inhand pics showed up....bullet dodged

This is one of my grails that I expected to see from Sideshow years ago.

Hopefully the paint and price don't ruin it.

Any examples of their work with complex paint apps? Only seen their Bios.
Seems strange to take a raw cast to a show.

No, they have only done bios, they took a few of those to shows as raw sculpts also, I quite like seeing stuff like that myself. They did a pretty good job on the production masks, but this is a whole new ball park.

What's your opinion of the sculpt, Python? Anything you would immediately change?

Looks real nice at a glance, like I said before, maybe the dreads could be separated up a little more. But the head is nice, looking forward to seeing it painted.

Looks real nice at a glance, like I said before, maybe the dreads could be separated up a little more. But the head is nice, looking forward to seeing it painted.
I'm liking the sculpt more and more. The dreads could definitely be improved.

As others have said, I love that this seems to be made to fit well with the Sideshow P1 life-size bust. I really want to hunt that down now.

I already know I’m priced out on this one but it does look awesome!

When we saw the P2 teaser I was really hoping it was for a bio mask because they have SS beat hands down as far as quality/finish goes. Anyways looking forward to seeing more of this.

Back