Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is looking very impressive, the detail on the face looks especially great. That's a Stan Winston City Hunter for sure.

Only thing that makes me cringe so far are the dreads. Especially in this pic..
attachment.jpeg

:dunno

They look like silly putty the way they are clumped together and soft looking. Especially in comparison to how sharp and crisp the details are on the rest of the bust. Very jarring how different they look from the rest of the sculpt quality wise. I hope that's just a temporary thing.

Has Cool Props addressed that yet anywhere?

Really looking forward to seeing the painted piece.

Ha, you're welcome, I couldn't believe it when I saw it, knew you'd dig it! SSC stock them, so maybe some of the other big distributors will? Collectibles direct over here also sell them which is good news for us! I'll see what I can do picture wise, looks good though.

Even if it's the original mold, I was concerned they hadn't PROPERLY taken account of the actors head inside the piece.

Thank to "darkmummy" :clap - that 3rd pic from the side makes the forehead/scalp look a lot better though.

It might be the lack of colouration that's throwing me too :dunno

We needs the side-by-side Matt :)

attachment.php

Just found some new pics from different angles of this piece from internet, thought I should share them here.

Was a p2 maquette ever made by the studio? Do molds exist ?

If you mean by SWS, as they did with the laser scanned P1, then I don't think one was ever made unfortunately. I said this myself on the other board that it's strange SWS and SSC never teamed up to do one after the success of the amazing P1 maquette.

HMS, I'll get right on it. :lol

"As close as I could get them for now"? - lol - I'm thinking Matt's idea of average is everyone elses "exceptional".

Amazing work Matt - brilliant! :clap :hi5: :yess:

It's always THIS shot I have in mind when I think of the big fella's face/head. It's like Kevin's head made the mask/crown fill out or "stretch lengthways" a little.

Makes all the difference to the "raw mask on bench" shot.

1059775-predator2.jpg

:lol It's weird, I was round a friends house earlier, He said he can tell I'm a "bloody Virgo" being a perfectionist. I think he said Virgo anyway...

Hmmmmm :naughty . . . Col asking the bust to be his valentine, you being a "virgo" . . . I'm starting to question some of the relationships we all have here :stooge

if the price is reasonable, I would still buy it with a crappy paint job cause that sculpt would be worth the extra $$$ for a repaint

Clumped Dreads = Less chance of transit damage.
Rather that then arriving damaged or rubber/latex Dreads.
That isn't the problem. The problem is that some of them are deformed and overflowing on each other, if that makes sense.

Look at the top dread in the side view photo. It's abnormally thick and stretched out.

Back