Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

I can't imagine the disc in the holder only coming with the regular. That would be RIDICULOUS and the people who bought the exclusive should freak out to Sideshow.
I mentioned much earlier if it would attach with pins or magnets.
It should be included just curious :dunno

So much hate lmfao
Plenty of love... all the hate is for the price.

I hear you it should be included. Magnets I guess would be the most obvious, but we'll see.

Nothing but love here. This wait will be grueling.

If a piece needs to be discussed this much in regards to price then it's probably not worth it. Super fans that have been waiting for it will buy it, but the casuals are going to try and rationalize the purchase and fail.

Just pass.

If a piece needs to be discussed this much in regards to price then it's probably not worth it. Super fans that have been waiting for it will buy it, but the casuals are going to try and rationalize the purchase and fail.

Just pass.

:exactly:
Order or GTFO! :lol

Joking Matt :1-1:

Love it, but $1200 is way to much. I bought Sauron for $899 and im struggling to see why this is $300 more! Low ES and ill consider but pretty sure ill pass on this :(

Just pass.

I didn't know that a super fan would just close their eyes and throw money into the wind and hope all of it gets blown back to them.

Anyone moaning about price and ES, which hasn't even been revealed yet, wants to count themselves lucky that this isn't a LSF.
Call it a Maquette and charge $1,200 could of quite easily been call it a LSF and charge $2,000, without an ES.

This is kind of what I hate though, they brain wash you into thinking like this. "We are so Lucky this isn't Life size and it cost $10,000, thank my Lucky Stars it's only $5000....." They push and push until you break.

For the people saying "take it or leave it" or "deal with it" It's not quite that simple. A lot of folks here I'd bet are as passionate if not MORE passionate about this than average Joe that hoards statue's because they think they are worth something or the guy that just buys everything because he can.

A ton of fans out there were probably looking forward to having a definitive predator statue and either

1) Can't afford the terrible pricing band.
2) Can afford it but can't justify it.

Not everyone in this hobby is a super dooper collection room the size of a bedroom and 300 statue's kind of guy. There are people out there who are young, have family's, casually collect or just love Predator.

It's not always black and white.

Fact is Sideshow's Predators are TERRIBLE. All of them. I've not saw one piece yet that blew me away. The 1/5 and busts have terrible paint jobs and QC issue's. I'd expect this one to be painted by Da vinci if they want $1400. You know what's coming though -

" It's ok , I can live with the bad paint job and my google eye's because it's predator!!!!"

I will leave this thread in peace now :lol Enjoy you're statue those lucky enough to be able to afford or justify one. :wink1:

Last edited:

You guys are making me sad. This is my first expensive pred piece and now it feels like I will be getting a piece alright...a piece of ****. :monkey2 :slap

You guys are making me sad. This is my first expensive pred piece and now it feels like I will be getting a piece alright...a piece of ****. :monkey2 :slap

Don't let people like me put you off. You pay what you think is worth it. Money is no object to some people and that's fine.

To be honest not looking at the price, it's awesome although it does have a few slight problems that can be looked over by most folk. The spear and the dreads are not terrible mistakes, just strange design choices. There's also something wrong with the mask, I'm not sure what it is but it's not right. To some folk though accuracy doesn't matter which again is fine.

It's a good statue going off the previews. I'm certain you'll enjoy it.

Last edited:

This is going to be awesome bro and you know it and that's why you ordered it. Keep your chins high fellas. We're in for a helluva statue.

Until the bubble bursts, :exactly: With the QC/paint apps and ever rising prices I can't see it being long before the consumer wakes up! I'm still buying for now and love statues but I think my head will be turned when Hot Toys start knocking out 1/4 Preds. :monkey5

You think HT will be cheap? :rotfl

@ marker, dudes a lady :lol

@Solarsailor, I'm not rich, far from it. I love Predator. P1 & P2 are my favourite films. I watched P1 at the age of 15 and it's just stuck with me.
I'm gutted about the price but I really want it. Luckily I have at least ten months to save for it.
To be perfectly honest once I have this I will happily hang up my collecting boots.
I'm already at the stage where I have to sell before I can buy because my room is pretty full. Price increases will make it a lot easier to walk away.
I will have CM P1 and this which will make me happy to sit back.

If you can't justify it that's fair enough but as AJ said don't put a downer on it for the people who have decided they can justify it. Obviously if something that costs this much has flaws it will be returned. No one is that stupid.
:peace

Don't worry. If it's not what you expected or flawed return it.
All you will lose is ten months anticipation :monkey2

Just for the record, expect awesomeness! :pray:

I don't think I will buy 1/4 HTs in fact I've been contemplating selling off my 1/6 HTs.. Justs focusing on statues, kits, and props

My custom Magneto from MadXcollector cost $750.

It's better than most X-men PF by miles but yes obviously making your own custom from scratch is going to be a costly business.

All it takes is a passionate fan and some cash to blow SS out the water though. If there were alternate company's making Predators this wouldn't be $1200 in a million years. Like the other guys have said Narins work is a cut above the rest. How you can get details wrong is beyond me but its not the first and won't be the last.

By the way I'm not trying to bring negativity to the thread or the statue, again I'm sure most people will love it and again it's a solid piece but I'm not alone in my stance, the statue forum seems even worse to be honest. It's constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Back