Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

My WL for the EX was going to convert today(went on Jan 15), but I cancelled. I held out hope the issues would be fixed, hopefully the next one is good.

Yeah, Col needs a nice little group of guinea pigs before he makes his decision... sort it out Stingray ;)

Just pose it this way ;)

That's a shame Stingray.
Wasn't worth seeing it inhand first?

No, I just figure if they are not fixing anything and the production piece is never as nice as the proto so it can only get worse IMO. In the unlikely event I am wrong there should be plenty of regulars around I can get for under retail.

My WL for the EX was going to convert today(went on Jan 15), but I cancelled. I held out hope the issues would be fixed, hopefully the next one is good.

Why not just get the EX...don't like it..then sell it...make a small profit??

Why not just get the EX...don't like it..then sell it...make a small profit??

I don't think it will be worth enough over retail to mess with it. Too many things can go wrong and investing $1300 to make $100-200 if anything at all is not worth my time. People are not going to pay P1 prices for these.

Mmmmm...Machiko looks ******* insanely good.

Transfer the NRD to her HMS?

Nah - I think Mark Newman is a great sculptor, but the ONLY work I have of his is the Neil Andrythal garage kit he did MANY years back – a classic (which is why it sold so well).

It’s all down to subject, style and personal preferences at the end of the day. I’ll buy female Predators but - unless Narin or Hayes do a sculpt of Machiko, or it’s done as part of a diorama with the Predator from the first Graphic Novel - I’m unlikely to buy.

The way this has been delivered it’s too much “chick sculpt” and not enough “predator”. Not meant as a criticism of Mark’s abilities OR his delivery because that would be ridiculous and rude – but I simply don’t like it. Each to their own.

I’ll just send the P2 back if it’s damaged or the paint is bad or if it suffers from poor QC or if it simply sucks in-hand. And let’s face it – ONE of those is likely to happen.

I don't think it will be worth enough over retail to mess with it. Too many things can go wrong and investing $1300 to make $100-200 if anything at all is not worth my time. People are not going to pay P1 prices for these.

I have a Deadpool PF Reg for practically retail plus shipping...and ppl are lowballing me..it's not even funny. Selling statues is a hassle...so I don't blame you.

I have a Deadpool PF Reg for practically retail plus shipping...and ppl are lowballing me..it's not even funny. Selling statues is a hassle...so I don't blame you.

Yea, that happens. I see a lot of regulars going under retail, and EXs barely getting their money back after fees/shipping. If this was a home run it would be worth a good premium over retail already, but in that case I would just keep anyway and not care about the value.

I think all you guys should cancel your EX orders.... and I'm not saying that because I'm on the waiting list either :p

I don't think the EX will lose any value, this is why I'm willing to give it a chance in person. I believe there was 90 of them when the ES was announced, they sold out the same day and I finally gave in with only 10 remaining. It may not have the best added features... pointless ones in fact and I'd rather just have an empty hand but people always look for those two little letters when they are buying SS pieces. It is a huge shame the dreads at least weren't fixed but we knew that for certain months ago. If somebody with a lot of talent can make a new bio head for this, and maybe blow up that spear by 30-50% it would be pretty incredible all around. I'm past caring about the base. Sculpt is brilliant below the neck.

I don't think the EX will lose any value, this is why I'm willing to give it a chance in person. I believe there was 90 of them when the ES was announced, they sold out the same day and I finally gave in with only 10 remaining. It may not have the best added features... pointless ones in fact and I'd rather just have an empty hand but people always look for those two little letters when they are buying SS pieces. It is a huge shame the dreads at least weren't fixed but we knew that for certain months ago. If somebody with a lot of talent can make a new bio head for this, and maybe blow up that spear by 30-50% it would be pretty incredible all around. I'm past caring about the base. Sculpt is brilliant below the neck.

I don't know how you can justify spending that much and say it needs a new head and all new weapon. Might as well spend the $1200+ship/tax and what you would have in custom work $$$$ and get a full custom exactly how you want it: pose, base, weapons, etc...

Why would SS care to get the next one right if we just buy whatever they put out, they obviously don't care enough to do it on their own, so only money talks.

I'm not justifying anything. I'm as unhappy as anybody about aspects of this.

Back