Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Which is yet another reason why they should make replacement parts. Every statue is better with lights, but people are so scared of having a "broken" statue they would rather have a lesser quality piece that does not break. Reminds me of my grandpa never wanting the good options on his cars "just something else to break" never understood that myself.
'Extras' on a car are useful, light up feature gets used once on arrival then becomes useless.
Batteries leak, LEDs fail, wires corrode...

I wonder if the stand was always meant to be included but they forgot to mention it and now it just seems like they added it later.

I asked about a stand early on and was told there definitely would not be one. Looks like it was an after thought.

Thanks col. here was the answer there:

As of right now this piece is not expected to include an extra base. Should that at all change, we will update the photo gallery to show
that added item.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks. I guess that answer from SSALex didn't cut it for me.
Sounds like "With all the info we got I'd say no sir!"
Instead of just "No base is planned, that's a fact sir!"
They didn't even update the gallery like she said.
Not faulting her though. I work with customers too and don't always get all the info I need to do my job.

'Extras' on a car are useful, light up feature gets used once on arrival then becomes useless.
Batteries leak, LEDs fail, wires corrode...

True, most "extras" are useful, but not essential. Just adds to the overall experience just like the lights on a statue.

Nothing leaks or corrodes if you take care of it. LEDs do fail, but they have a pretty long life(and SS should sell replacements to eliminate that issue also)

A well designed light up feature should show no signs it is even there when it is switched off so wouldn't detract but would be an excellent added feature when required. If SS did this with spare parts available and well designed access to said areas it would be awesome. I do agree with Col though, currently they are just features that make you go grey a little quicker as once they pack in they can't be fixed and the value of your high end collectable plummets..

A well designed light up feature should show no signs it is even there when it is switched off so wouldn't detract but would be an excellent added feature when required. If SS did this with spare parts available and well designed access to said areas it would be awesome. I do agree with Col though, currently they are just features that make you go grey a little quicker as once they pack in they can't be fixed and the value of your high end collectable plummets..

I can't think of any that if the light up did not work it made a big difference to the value, I would think 10-20% loss at most. I would rather have a cooler piece and risk it failing than never have had it in the 1st place.

It's all about the character and suitability/need.

I've never seen the point on Preds. I mean - the Cinemaquette gauntlet countdown is cool - but doesn't really add to the piece THAT much as it's so subtle.

Now the light-up on the recent Diablo III (chest/abdomen & shoulders) is an entirely different matter!

DiabloIIIcombined_zpsf464ceca.jpg

It's all about the character and suitability/need.

I've never seen the point on Preds. I mean - the Cinemaquette gauntlet countdown is cool - but doesn't really add to the piece THAT much as it's so subtle.

Now the light-up on the recent Diablo III (chest/abdomen & shoulders) is an entirely different matter!

True, but sometimes subtle is exactly what sets a piece apart. If Hot Toys can do it on their much cheaper figs, no excuse for SS not be doing it. That Diablo reminds me of the Balrog LSB SS did that was supposed to light up and they changed it. That piece would be 10x better with a light function(which I plan to add to mine). Preds don't "need" any, but if they just used good components lights would last practically forever in these for the short time most of us have them on.

Did you decide not to get him?

Nah, my WL converted. It goes live on Monday.
However, I'm no longer 'feeling' this piece. Too many glaring issues that I can't ignore.

I'm thinking of just keeping the order but selling it to someone that really wants one.

Nah, my WL converted. It goes live on Monday.
However, I'm no longer 'feeling' this piece. Too many glaring issues that I can't ignore.

I'm thinking of just keeping the order but selling it to someone that really wants one.

I wonder how the value will be once this is released with production paint and a glut of regulars. Don't know that I would want to risk the NRD to find out.

I wonder how the value will be once this is released with production paint and a glut of regulars. Don't know that I would want to risk the NRD to find out.
Totally depends on production. I've never seen a P2 LSB sell anywhere near retail.
Exactly why I cancelled to make an informed decision on the reg with in hand pictures.
It will have to be outstanding to drop £850, over $1,400.

It is the only large scale P2 piece we have for now and the P2 is a very popular design that we have been crying out for in 1/4 for years, the EX should gain value despite the inaccuracies. Well I hope so anyway...

True, but sometimes subtle is exactly what sets a piece apart. If Hot Toys can do it on their much cheaper figs, no excuse for SS not be doing it. That Diablo reminds me of the Balrog LSB SS did that was supposed to light up and they changed it. That piece would be 10x better with a light function(which I plan to add to mine). Preds don't "need" any, but if they just used good components lights would last practically forever in these for the short time most of us have them on.

Agree 100% - but then I'd much rather SideShow's "design" team had done their job with the sculpt.

I think the EX will hold its value - but the regular - no way. Unless this looks way better in-hand than i suspect this will, they will be dropping the price of the regular in a years time to clear the ones they don't sell.

Back