Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

To be fair I'm probably going to buy this then sell it for the optimus prime statue. I just want to see it first.

I highly doubt he expects to cover the full cost with a sale.

It's possible to make a few quid, assuming it's better painted than the LSB, but there can be alot of hassle and risks involved.
Shipping these things can result in damage and even if it doesn't there's plenty of people who will try and take the piss.
I'd cancel over trying to make a profit personally. Oh, I did!

You think it'll go enough over retail to buy the Prime1 Optimus? Optimus is a grand more.

Ha ! I wish ! No , I mean I'll get my money back, with $120 on the deposit it would be burning money if I cancelled. I just mean if he comes out great I'll keep him , if not I can shift him on without much , if any, of a loss.

I think this is really a piece you need to see in hand. These bigger statues are always more impressive compared to their PF counterparts. The detail is there, they just have to get the paint right.

Ha ! I wish ! No , I mean I'll get my money back, with $120 on the deposit it would be burning money if I cancelled. I just mean if he comes out great I'll keep him , if not I can shift him on without much , if any, of a loss.

I think this is really a piece you need to see in hand. These bigger statues are always more impressive compared to their PF counterparts. The detail is there, they just have to get the paint right.
You should be able to shift that $120 onto another piece if you just want to get out of the PO.

You should be able to shift that $120 onto another piece if you just want to get out of the PO.

From memory they only let you do that once. Also I'm trying to stop buying through sideshow recently beca use the NRD really bothers me in general , I'd rather my exhaustive list of purchases over the years meant I didn't have to pay NRDs , or a small yearly fee. I feel too many things turn out rubbish these days to warrant asking for non refundable money up front.

It gets complicated when you are an overseas buyer with taxes, refunds , postage etc

From memory they only let you do that once. Also I'm trying to stop buying through sideshow recently beca use the NRD really bothers me in general , I'd rather my exhaustive list of purchases over the years meant I didn't have to pay NRDs , or a small yearly fee. I feel too many things turn out rubbish these days to warrant asking for non refundable money up front.

It gets complicated when you are an overseas buyer with taxes, refunds , postage etc

They say that, but exceptions have been made. I would try, as like you said with all the extra fees you may end up losing more than the $120 trying to flip it after the fact.

He's not trying to flip it though. Like me he's wanting to see it in person before deciding to keep it or not. I guess there's only me, SS and HMS getting this one now then, thread seems to have dived into despair again.

Good job I haven't got $1600 invested in this or it might get a little disheartening.... oh wait!

He's not trying to flip it though. Like me he's wanting to see it in person before deciding to keep it or not. I guess there's only me, SS and HMS getting this one now then, thread seems to have dived into despair again.

Good job I haven't got $1600 invested in this or it might get a little disheartening.... oh wait!

Correct I don't flip, I couldn't even if I wanted to. The tax coupled with the market share (much much much less customers/collectors in Australia than America) means you'd be gambling (a lot) with every single piece. This will cost me probably about $1600 when all is said and done, that's $200 more than you can buy the regular locally with free shipping. So add on the value of the EX I'm just making my money back.......maybe, I might even lose a hundred bucks.

My situation is a little different , when I put the deposit down I didn't have a large Predator but now I have Wolf and I just can't see how this beats Wolf in any universe. The fact that I have him will probably make my judgment even more biased than someone who has no Predators (which was me when I put the deposit on)

I really have to decide if I want 2 large Predators (which I really did) but you know how it goes in collecting, this pops up....then that pops up over there....then Optimus pops up over there.......and your priorities start to change from your original thought process.

Don't let the negativity fool you Python, this statue WILL be awesome, every large Predator that has been produced has been good and if you look back at the first pages of this forum and Statue forum, everybody was going NUTS for this thing, but as usual the negativity builds up a head of steam until it ships.

Put it this way, the EX sold 300 at $1200 a pop in about a week (maybe less if I remember), that's not the sign of a bad product.

Don't let the negativity fool you Python, this statue WILL be awesome.

Well I'm very aware of it's faults, I cried about them for long enough as well. The point is though that Mr Igo came out months ago and told us very openly that this will unfortunately have no alterations. Not ideal of course but at least we know exactly what we are getting. No sense harping on about missed opportunities now. I'm sure it will be more impressive in person than in the enlarged pictures we have been judging it on. Hopefully the three of us (4 Wanderlai?) will be happier than we expect to be when he arrives.

Also, it only took months for the 300 to sell out because the ES was witheld from us, not many people are willing to put $1200 down on a 1/4 statue without at least knowing how many will be made. Once the ES was announced they sold out the same day, I got mine when there were less than 10 remaining. There will be no trouble selling these on at retail price I'm sure. Even though the EX is useless people still want the exclusivity if it is available over the regular version.

also another thing to keep in mind is once the ES was announced, ppl jumped on and within 24 hours of announcing the ES, this has been on waitlist, this piece will be good guys, as you said theres always negativity, i personally really like this piece.

also another thing to keep in mind is once the ES was announced, ppl jumped on and within 24 hours of announcing the ES, this has been on waitlist, this piece will be good guys, as you said theres always negativity, i personally really like this piece.
People jumped on as there was only 30 left if I remember right out of the 300, so not like they sold a ton when it wss announced. Glad you like it, but the negativity is more than justified.

If I'd pay attention to board negativity, I would have no collection....
Can't get enough Preds, and this one will be a great addition to my 1:1 busts, SS LSB, NECA, McFarlane, replicas, and a lunchbox :)

It took months to sell just 300. If this was what it should have been 300 in the 1st week would be about right.

That's how Sideshow goes these day's , like the guys have mentioned nobody jumps on now until the edition size is up. It goes back to my thoughts about the NRD, people are just scared they pop $120 down on a limited statue and next thing you know there are 9000 being made.

This went in one day, I'd say that makes it popular. The regular edition is a touch high but I think it'll do well. If you cast your mind back to before the price was announced 90% of the thread was going nuts, even CollectorCol who's now slating it to bits (because of the price) couldn't praise it enough, it's right there in black and white.

I think it's one thing to see and pick faults and complain about $$$ but its a completely different thing to get it onto your coffee table. You hear the same thing time and time again , Wolverine Legendary Scale figure was universally panned as a rip off, yet ask the guy's who have it or look at the video reviews and they can't praise it enough, some people even calling it their favourite piece.

It's all going to come down to what it looks like in the hands for me, I'm as upset as the rest (especially the quills and dreads) but that's it done now, time to settle in for the ride!!!!

When I go back and look at the pics it looks really good to me. Granted I'm not a Predator afficianado. I'd just like to have a great representation of the character in my collection. No doubt SS will make other 1/4 scale Predators in the next couple of years. Are there any Predator movies being released this year?

Back