Predator 1 Bio Mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 1 bio mask

It is more P1 themed, I thought it was boring at first but it's actually grown on me, the P2 has a superb base, just a shame about the mask. I think I'm going to get this.

I kinda dig the base too, but when I saw it, I thought they could've used those for the Temple Guard bio's. I would've preferred the canon-like base of the BD Classic bio but who am I kidding, I won't ever look at the base twice once I have this mask in-hand. I just hope we don't have to wait until 2014 as this would make a nice X-mas present to myself.

Hope it turns out nice for you guys.

Not a fan personally, $300 for a lightweight mask.
Think the Scar put me off ever buying another.

I kinda dig the base too, but when I saw it, I thought they could've used those for the Temple Guard bio's. I would've preferred the canon-like base of the BD Classic bio but who am I kidding, I won't ever look at the base twice once I have this mask in-hand. I just hope we don't have to wait until 2014 as this would make a nice X-mas present to myself.

I never liked the cannon bases on the Predators masks myself, too busy for me. This one seems to be based on his backpack, it is inoffensive and does the job. I didn't think I'd buy another mask.. I'm weak ;)

I never liked the cannon bases on the Predators masks myself, too busy for me. This one seems to be based on his backpack, it is inoffensive and does the job. I didn't think I'd buy another mask.. I'm weak ;)

I was looking at some pictures of the Icons stand to see how similar the edges were.

I think I noticed something... Does the icon have slots for predator lenses looking out each side? :lol

https://www.yourprops.com/Predator-Mask-Icons-Replicas-movie-prop-Predator-1987-YP8255.html

I sure would love one of those I know that. Just a shame the MR P2 never materialised...

Well it's nice to see that Sideshow appears to have put thought and care into this bio. I'm not an expert with accuracy, but it looks pretty good so far and definitely better than their P2 bio. Hopefully the final product won't look like ***.

Yeah, I think a lot of it will depend on paint apps. The P1 has some very prominent areas of weathering, if they just add random blotches instead of getting the pattern right this simply wont look like a P1 bio.

It is more P1 themed, I thought it was boring at first but it's actually grown on me, the P2 has a superb base, just a shame about the mask. I think I'm going to get this.

:exactly::goodpost:

Love that smart-disc base. Genius. Like the batwing on the new HCG 89 Batman cowl replica.

Strange coincedence but the day you guys put this up I ordered a prop of this. I painted it up over the last 2 days.

I didn't really have a plan other than to mix 4 colours - Silver/Black/Purple and Blue with some different washes and random mixes to create more colours. I think I'll end up making it a touch darker but I prefer the silver look to the darker muddy look. Anyway here it is so far! Just for anyone that likes the DIY stuff ( for masks I personally do, it's less than half price and a lot of fun!)

untitled-1-7.jpg

untitled-1-8.jpg

untitled-1-9.jpg

untitled-1-10.jpg

untitled-1-6.jpg

untitled-1-5.jpg

I'll be ordering but I'm in no rush, the quicker people order these days, the higher the ES is, I'll probably get it locally.

Can't see it being anymore than the standard 500. There are Predator Bio's all over the shop these day's (and have been for years). Just because sideshows comes with a stand and a higher price tag doesn't really make it anymore attractive!

:exactly::goodpost:

Love that smart-disc base. Genius. Like the batwing on the new HCG 89 Batman cowl replica.

It's cool I like it too but I do like the armor looking bases like the HCG P2 and this one.
Usually we get replicas of the heads, masks, weapons but not the armor so I like to have something that represents it too.

Back