Predator 1 Bio Mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 1 bio mask

If there's one mask they cannot drop the ball on, it's this one. They need to treat it like they did the Wolf mask, and not like any of the ones that came after with all their shortcuts.

So far, for me, HCG has them beat on the P1 & P2 masks. (so glad I bought them when they 1st came out), but for those that missed the HCG one, this might be a decent alternative.

Those eyes sure look solid though...

We'll see how this turns out.

The HCG P2 is from the real stunt bio and is by far the best available imo... at least until somebody finds a hero version to cast, not that would be quite something. :pray: The sideshow P2 mask has a lovely base if nothing else...

Their P1 is superb also, I just wish they would release a simple version without the half bust base.

This would look great with some custom weathering and battle marks etc.

I agree, but i think I will skip this one, I was hoping the anouncement was gonna be hot toys wolf/chopper/avp elder or the last sideshow avp bio they needed to make so I could complete my set of every 1/1 screen used avp/avpr matching bio helmets. Oh well, this is cool for those that want it, and congrats to everyone who has been waiting forever for it, I hope sideshow doesn't **** it up, like most of their bios.

The more I look at this, the more I think sideshow just used the scar bio mold for this. The p1 bio is more rounded on the top cut out section and scar curves up like this. It's a subtle difference but it is different. It will be interesting to see if this is from a licensed mold cuz it looks like scar reused, even the lenses are mesh like scars instead of how p1's lenses look, that sucks if I'm right.

wish the base was more P1 armor looking. Looks like they tried but it's subtle. Hard to tell from that 1 pic.

The more I look at this, the more I think sideshow just used the scar bio mold for this. The p1 bio is more rounded on the top cut out section and scar curves up like this. It's a subtle difference but it is different. It will be interesting to see if this is from a licensed mold cuz it looks like scar reused, even the lenses are mesh like scars instead of how p1's lenses look, that sucks if I'm right.

Again, not saying much until Thursday as it really isn't the best angle but this is my worry. The P1 is wider and the very rear top bits are flat while the scar flares up slightly. It does seem possible that they used the scar as a base and flattened the rear, I'm sat looking at my scar at the same angle and I can't see much difference, slightly thinned cheek ridge and new laser at least. We'll see on Thursday. I'd love to know what the lenses are made of also, I always thought the P1s lenses were almost black.

I'm keeping my bio collection all avp/avpr but sideshow could have had an instant sell on this for me if they would have made it out of solid metal with real lenses/lasers and finished interior, from sws or legacy mold, I would have found a way to buy it at any price. It seems like they think cutting corners and charging less saves them money, when we would rather pay more for a better product. That's why their sales numbers are low on the bios. The coolest bio I have by far is the dx wolf, it really puts sideshows work to shame and I have their wolf as well(only for the accurate size casting and to display with the others on matching stands). Everyone who sees my bio collection loves putting the dx wolf on their face and turning the real lasers on and looking thru the lenses, that's the treatment this original p1 deserved.

Imagine the cost of making a metal one, and buying it lol.. as nice as it would be. Still haven't seen this from all angles yet, I do agree though, SS don't have the best history with bios, only the wolf stands up to the HCG P2 stunt. At least the actual screen cast masks are a nice base for a do it yourself but they aren't cheap.

I love my BD bio mask from SS. Not sure if I want the undamaged version though.

p1020725.jpg

i will consider purchasing if it's from the molds. If not, no biggie as i have a raw P1 stunt bio waiting on deck for me to finish. unlike my raw stunt bio, i like that this comes completed painted, w/ lenses, w/ base, hose ports and shroud with functional lasers.

Not gonna be as blunt as that but I prefer to get the entire helmet instead of 2/3rds:lol

I like the BD version better because with it on display in my humble abode, it looks like a well-earned trophy of my own.

Not gonna be as blunt as that but I prefer to get the entire helmet instead of 2/3rds:lol

it wasn't a bad idea, the partial Bio part, but I will take cheap shots against that half assed, Winston rip off anytime they present themselves :)

I have got the HCG so really I don't need this... It does look nice, but am a little nervous as the Scar mask was an absolute joke! Dan Richards had the right idea by running the mask over with his truck! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have got the HCG so really I don't need this... It does look nice, but am a little nervous as the Scar mask was an absolute joke! Dan Richards had the right idea by running the mask over with his truck! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a video of this destruction somewhere??

Back